Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. BadDevastator

BadDevastator Well-Known Member

Oi r happi that ewe past on this figger as well. Us thusiasts understand that it quires mooney to fun'd limited edition 'bots.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah...it’s disappointing that the finished article has unpainted paint apps. The only comfort for me is that this is my “last” big TF purchase...

The only way I would support a Haslab project is when Hasbro release a 20-25 inch Marvel Legends Galactus...if not, I’m done too.

• Like Like x 3
  3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Parts that would all be upscaled, correspondingly thicker/sturdier with correspondingly stronger connection points and joints. An oversized version of Studio Cell would be more balanced anyway due to the, you know, complete lack of backpack and leg kibble?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Not to derive from this thread, but I always thought that gravity making everything heavier would pose a problem to things like an oversized studio cell. It would put more strain on joint etc.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Not Dragonn

Not Dragonn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Can he do the sign....or the middle finger?

• Like Like x 1
  6. darkmoon76

darkmoon76 Well-Known Member

Since there are screw holes to access the back of the maw I have renewed hope that Haslab will address this and provide us with a correctly colored piece and it can be fixed without fear of breaking it (even if it is extremely complicated). They have the mold, use it.

If not, and they don't care about losing a decent percentage of Haslab backers in the future by just ignoring the entire problem, then fine. A third party should be able to provide the piece then.

• Like Like x 7
  7. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    That's what she said...
    :music 

poor guy sprained his wrist taking Unicron out of the box...

• Like Like x 3
  8. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

(And the gears too hopefully but I'll take what I can get at this point)

• Like Like x 6
  9. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He has the joints to flip the bird and devil sign.. if the armada mold can this one can

• Like Like x 1
  10. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    does that really work when you're quoting a girl to begin with?

• Like Like x 3
  11. PBone

PBone Well-Known Member

If it were only the gears, I could have easily forgiven the change if the blue plastic was structurally more sound.

However the maw 'cap' doesn't seem to move or interact with the teeth at all, so it just feels like it ended up on the wrong colored sprew.
    Of course we can't tell what's going on underneath it, until someone is brave enough to dismantle it on camera.

Some more communication by Hasbro, about certain choices they made, would definitely have been appreciated.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I was looking at the Rustoleum 2x series. They have a fairly flat orange that may be a close match. If I even bother painting the portions that could be orange.

• Like Like x 4
  13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    THIS, of all things, will turn off backers from future projects? As if the fact he looks God Awful from the back, that the rings look like a gap haters worst nightmare, unpainted hands and that he has a pimple for laser blasts on his left cheek wasn't enough to begin with to push backers away that some blue on his maw is the straw that breaks this toy's back? o_O 

I think fans will live with it and buy whatever Hasbro offers the next time around - because they're fans with excess money for these sorts of things, no matter the toy. It's cool, it's big, it's limited edition and it's official. That's enough for most horses to come back to the well.

14. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Agreed on all counts (and glad to hear that it actually does come with those screw hole plugs!) but I wonder if a 3P company will take this on or not...and if they do, they might be inclined to gouge the hell out of us for the pleasure of owning it.

The “install base” is at best 1/10 the production run of a regular release figure. Granted, the take rate on upgrades might be higher but even in the best case scenario, these parts would almost certainly sell in relatively small numbers. Maybe there are reasons why my guesstimates are way off but it seems like a dicey business decision.

Also, we’ve all proven that we’re willing and able to drop a good chunk of cash on a toy which doesn’t exactly help our bargaining position. :D 

You’re adding no value to this conversation other than making a lot of us feel pretty good about the kind of assholes we are not.

• Like Like x 13
  15. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that the final product looks fairly different from the initial promo images. There might be some other things to take issue with, but we all knew about those things and accepted them when preordering Unicron. We didn't know that this part would be different. It comes down to a lack of communication for me. I honestly don't even care that much about the different colored part, I just feel slightly mislead.

And I doubt it's really that big of a deal for most people. It won't affect my enjoyment of the figure.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Jesse guerra

Jesse guerra Godjinrai

News Credits:
    I sent hasbropulse an email in regards to the unicron figure I guess its just a waiting game now to hear back

• Like Like x 6
  17. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jesse guerra

Jesse guerra Godjinrai

News Credits:

Here is what I asked​

To whom it may concern

I've been seeing a lot people receive their wfc unicron and frankly I'm quite disappointed. What happened to the paint apps and why is the maw blue instead of the color it was supposed to be and the bottom row of teeth on the lower jaw are not painted

These are just some of the things that are being noticed on the reviews by the people who backed this project

Are these issues going to be corrected or is this the final product?

• Like Like x 3
  19. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Could also see somebody releasing minifigures to 3D Print on Shapeways or somthin.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    It does look cool. And all those lights and sounds are pointless anyway. All they do is require batteries that are eventually forgotten about and corrode in the housing.

• Like Like x 6