Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

If they were in scale you couldn't seem them, they'd be like one atom each.

• Like Like x 3
  2. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    Well said. We really don't know if the changes are down to laziness, cost-cutting, etc., as some have alleged, or a concern for paint chipping, plastic strength, etc. as others have speculated. Or something else entirely.

I would only add that it would have been nice if Hasbro had been more communicative throughout their process. I mean, the stuff about the box and instruction booklet was cool, but I'm sure some additional info on the deco would have been appreciated as much if not more. And it would have had the extra benefit of putting the speculation we're seeing now to bed.

edit: typo

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Raze134

Raze134 Well-Known Member

To Fortress Maximus maybe

• Like Like x 1
  4. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is the ONLY War for Cybertron figure that I will own and it's obviously cause it's Unicron and because of his size. I really wouldn't mind collecting all the mini slug characters but not at the point of purchasing all these other figures. I wonder if when they are all available if maybe they may release them as a set? Which figure did the mini Optimus come with?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love a better look at how the sausage is made, but honestly I don't think that would stop the fandom negativity.

EDIT: Plus, God, if any of these compromises are due to human error...can you imagine what you'd have to deal with if you were the Hasbro employee responsible for Unicron's teeth being messed up too late in the process to fix...and the fandom knew it? I get why Hasbro doesn't give us all a better look at the production process.

• Like Like x 4
  6. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Centurion

• Like Like x 2
  7. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Centurion Drone accessory set a Pulse Exclusive.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RSZ

RSZ Banned

Nope. Too small. Dust mite seems about right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JBSpino

JBSpino Not-So-Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ...Jesus, that's so much bigger than I expected. Now I'm starting to do calculations about where the hell to put him.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, that sucks! I have absolutely no interest in wanting to buy that but I'd like the mini figure to add to the set! Such bullshit. LOL Well if there's anyone out there that's collecting WFC figures and doesn't want their mini OP, please let me know, I'll buy him off of you. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  11. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I get that changes were made but also it makes me a little less likely to support something like this. The robot teeth thing, ok not thrilled, but it can be hidden, but the the planet mode one, personally, just bugs me. s the other poster stated, this really should have all been budgeted and it's a shame that it changed, but I will say the next Haslab TF project that comes up, the first thing I am going to think is, will it really look like what they are advertising.

• Like Like x 7
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

MAKE IT ALL 1:1 SCALE HASBLOW!

• Like Like x 1
  13. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Whelp, still glad I skipped this guy...
    I know a lot of people will give it a pass for its size, uniqueness, the fact they even made it at all... but for a $600+ toy, especially depending on where you live, there’s some pretty unforgivable corner cutting that they definitely could’ve ponied up the development cost for :( 
    The screw holes only visible on the front of his left arm ( from being the same parts as his right arm :rolleyes:  ) is a big one for me, as are the cored out palms, the lack of any detail paint under his mask, and the area around his planet mode teeth they definitely could’ve made orange to blend in better... I know these are small quibbles to most, but cumulatively to me they make me feel like I’m getting ripped off.

• Like Like x 3
  14. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

If we are talking strictly about G1 cartoon. Cybertron is very likely smaller than the Earth. Cartoon inconsistencies mean there is no definite measurement, but I believe its mostly agreed that g1 toon Cybertron is somewhere in-between half the size of earth, and the same size as our moon. Seeing as how Unicron can stand on Cybertron itself. It's likely Lithone was very small. (like the size of the Death Star)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  16. gundam8864

gundam8864 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I can say is Hasbro is a d*ck. :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, that's your prerogative and I get it.

My POV is he's not any more different or less accurate than any other mainline figures are from the early renders/convention displays. It's just a fact of Transformers collecting that these things are going to happen. Which makes me think it's more likely these aren't the kinds of things Hasbro can plan for that far ahead, because they always happen.

And I get that people don't want to view this as a mainline figure because of the price, but this was always advertised as a mainline figure.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 Banned

His face is too narrow. It makes him look effeminate. Easy pass.

19. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks mate. I think the best way to explain it to some others is essentially that the ‘maw’ area is the equivalent of the robot head for a lot of fans, as Unicron is one of the few Transformers which I feel are more iconic in alt mode than robot mode, and that is the focal point of that whole mode.

It’d be the equivalent of doing the most perfect Optimus Prime toy ever, then painting part of his head (say his visor, for example) red. Yes, it’s a colour still found on the rest of Optimus but it’s not a colour he’s ever had there before either.

And unfortunately I can’t swap it for another or easily repaint it (and imagine if I mess it up somehow and needed to buy a new Unicron now!)

This is perfect thanks! I’ve already wrote a message there now, and I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for the next streaming event to bring it up there too. I’ll also see if Kapow, as the official retail partner for this in the UK, can forward the issue on to Hasbro (not in a rude or demanding way of course!)

• Like Like x 5
  20. Phil Bond

Phil Bond Well-Known Member

A hollow sphere that encloses a star to harness its energy and/or create a livable concave inner surface?

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.