Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Nope, it's always been that way. You've just slipped into a different dimension somewhere since the launch of the campaign. Or misremembered... Berenstain Bears!

• Like Like x 3
  2. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't you start with that!

• Like Like x 2
  3. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Don't worry, I get the humor of tour reply.

Wolves and Lambs!

• Like Like x 2
  5. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

I actually feel the opposite. I'll mostly be viewing him from the front so I'd rather the wings be spread out. Zeta's wings look super weak from the front in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Not a fan of the orange on the torso being paint (really hate when they mold parts in one color, then paint them over in another one). Honestly, it seems it would've been easier to mold the torso orange, then paint on the blue and silver. (Unless it is, and I'm just blind)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Oh...now that is disappointing. If I'd pledged I'd be quite cross about this. The planet mode is the selling point for me, the blue parts on the maw sorta ruin it.

I know some people don't want to hear it but I'm glad I went with 01 Studio Cell, which means I have no skin in this game... But I was mighty tempted and now I feel less so.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  8. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fair enough, i can agree w the frontal view you mentioned, i just imagined that from the side, the wings may look a little flat, that’s all

• Like Like x 2
  9. Eddielai2016

Eddielai2016 Well-Known Member

this guy is going to go well with my new house. When its completed its just going to stay on the floor. IN MY HOBBYROOM THATS IT. I do like to see redo of mp rodimus and galvatron or even in studio series line. Please be as nice as studio series hot rod and not a redeco of hotrod. I would like to see a brand new figure that is close to mp version and not a block like titans return rodimus prime

• Like Like x 1
  10. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty good video. The very end was funny LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    between this and the Super Bowl its a great day to watch people spend way too much money to play with their balls.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Red dragon1978

Red dragon1978 Member

Wow a stolen one must be the guy who steals for tonton and primevsprime stolen reviews

• Like Like x 1
  13. Papa Zoinks

Papa Zoinks you're mother

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    u could go on omegle to watch that too and thats free

• Like Like x 3
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    4 reviews went up on the same day, all in box. Its also been confirmed by insiders, no unicrons were stolen.

• Like Like x 5
  15. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I hope someone gives me some Armada slug figures.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Are there screw hole covers for the left shoulder? I see some pics with them exposed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is correct the are to make the arms uniform from the front

• Like Like x 1
  18. samisham

[​IMG]

I also wouldn't mind seeing it used for future titans that aren't guaranteed to see like a Maximus trio new mold or a Tidal Wave.

• Like Like x 2
  19. samisham

Tell that to Fans Toys Fort Max.

• Like Like x 4
  20. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve thought for a little while how best to post my feelings for this guy. I’m not someone who’s prone to shout, rant or go off on here & I think there’s a lot to like and be positive for.

However, I paid £610 for my Unicron, which was the official UK price for him, there’s no markup (at the time, the exchange rate came out to approx. $900 dollars!)

I am angry that several important things on this figure have had paint omitted, due to either cost cutting or incompetence on HasLab’s part.

I can excuse gangmolding, where plastic is molded in the wrong colour due to them having to be done on the same mold, on mass market figures, as I understand they’re mass market toys that have to fit into a price point.

This toy, more than any other, does not have that excuse. It was made to order and budgeted for the right amount (or so we would have thought!) at the time, so this should never have happened.

HasTak has either cheaped out on the paint budget, or they messed up somewhere in production and didn’t realise they were in the wrong colour until it was too far along.

I have to believe it was planned to do the maw, teeth & all the rest in the proper colours otherwise they would/should have shown the Prototypes in these colours also, and shown us what we were really getting.

I realise a fair few of you are content with this, and I’m genuinely happy for you, but I’ve spent £610/$900 dollars on something I’m disappointed with now & I feel those of us who have paid are entitled to express our dissatisfaction.

We KNEW this was made to measure, so Hasbro should have had everything costed in so things like this didn't happen.

It’s doubly frustrating as there are things to like on this a lot too, but I’m bot sure I can look past the issues in planet mode now (the teeth ratchets are blue, for crying out loud! It just screams cheap to me)

Yes, I could paint this but at £600+ I shouldn’t have to! This should be the one toy above all others that is perfect and has NO complaints, I haven’t painted any toys before and to practice on a £600+ toy, knowing how expensive it’ll be if I mess it up is insane (and it’s not like I can just get a new one off the shelf)

Now I acknowledge we’re in a pandemic right now, and it’s not Hasbro’s fault, but I feel it is their responsibility to fix this. If they came out and said “you know what, due to this virus some things got messed up, but if you’re willing to wait a little longer and we ship out the right parts to you or hold your figure back to make the change we’ll do that” I don’t think anyone would complain at all about that.

But right now you have what I feel is a potentially big problem for Hasbro if they don’t fix this. This Unicron is supposed to be the crown jewel in your collection, if even 10% are saying “this is ok, I’ll put up with it but it’s not what I ordered & paid a fortune for...” you have to wonder about the future of Transformers on HasLab.

Unicron didn’t hit the original deadline, there are only so many hardcore fans and if you turn some of them off, there won’t be enough casual fans to come in and make up the numbers.

I’ve collected Transformers since the 80s. Astrotrain was my first toy, I’ve spent literally thousands on Transformers, likely tens of thousands over the course of the last 30+ years of collecting and I punted for Unicron immediately, no problem.

But if this isn’t fixed, I wouldn’t pay for another HasLab item. And that’s not out of spite, to ‘spurn’ Hasbro or anything ridiculous like that, but just because I wouldn’t feel confident on them delivering what they’ve advertised. And when your core fans start thinking that, that’s when you have a problem.

Now I’m a consumer who passionately cares about Transformers and wants HasLab to succeed, but I honestly don’t feel they delivered properly on what they advertised. And I feel frustrated that what should be the best Transformer I’ve ever gotten is going to be partly soured by this. I’m not really excited to receive him as it is now, and I will consider putting him up on eBay if I still feel the same way and no fix comes.

I honestly hope Hasbro sorts this, because there should be NO nitpicks on a $600 made to order toy. And even the fans who think we’re ‘just moaning’ should ultimately hope these issues are fixed, not just so we all get the best product but, if me & enough others choose to not support the next HasLab product because of this, the next HasLab Transformer might not get made at all. And ALL fans would suffer then.

• Like Like x 31
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.