Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's gatekeeping as much as people thinking Zoomers are much younger than we actually are.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Interesting, do you have a source on that? I recall someone "in the know" claiming earlier in the thread that their profit margin was around 20% for the first 8000 units and then 80% beyond that, and they ended up selling 10,000+ which should have them at a nearly $2mil profit. Is it just because of covid hurting production?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well he did form a planet, it's just that it was an actual planet with mountains and what not on top and part of his robot planet form. And then he grew bigger with the mass of each planet he ate, so that may make it seem like that.
    Unicron.PNG
    Unicron surface.PNG
    Unicron1-Unicronsinsides.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I wonder if the Sesame Street crowd would have had some significant debate had Cookie Monster been produced.

"Yes but his prototype showed his fur having more red in it to make him almost a purple. But now we see in the promotional campaign image an almost green hue. Neither of which represent this particular image from the show..."

And then there's all this nonsense.
    20210205_175232.png 20210205_175247.jpg 20210205_175357.jpg 20210205_175423.jpg
    "And don't even get me started on how the eyes aren't googly enough! Those poor sweatshop workers! Glad I only bought one so they didn't have to slave over making two for me during these troubled times. And besides, the knock off I bought at the state fair last month is way better. Only cost me $200.00 at the ring toss."
    unnamed (9).jpg

which actually looks like the Blue Bird of Happiness Big Bird of Follow That Bird.
    sddefault.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  5. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Ah yes I see what you mean.

Unless you're being sarcastic and referencing Cell, which has triangular panels, and tbh the Planet mode on that is a compromise. The best thing about this one WAS the working maw.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  6. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I'm more inclined to believe that they really aren't making money on this guy. Too many people see HasLab and it being crowd funded as meaning "the sky's the limit!" for the budget, when no, it most certainly is not.

• Like Like x 4
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, a 13 billion dollar company decided let’s make stuff out of the kindness of our hearts for this small group of people instead of make money.

• Like Like x 7
  8. samisham

Do you know why Hasbro moved production to Vietnam? They were under investigation in China for several worker safety violations. these include:

Have as many as 8 people staying in one room with no hot water.

Demanding up to 130 hours of overtime from workers per month when China restricts it to 36

"Asking" local officials to ease up those regulations to let them get away with.

Not giving workers the necessary 24 hours of safety training before starting, leading to them no knowing how to safely work with toxic chemicals.

Source

What a bunch of anti-sweatshop saints over there at Hasbro!

• Like Like x 2
  9. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have a direct source but they're one of the people who had given out a lot of the leaks, one person being the one who dumped basically this year and next year's figure lineup.
    Essentially the figure before adding all the changes such as different colors, new hand, minifigs, head stand, ship, and other small changes had swung the break even into very much so red.

10. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s not what was said. All he said was that the profit may not be as much as one would think meaning the budget to do things isn’t unlimited.

• Like Like x 3
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    “I'm more inclined to believe that they really aren't making money on this guy.”

• Like Like x 1
  12. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    “Too many people see HasLab and it being crowd funded as meaning "the sky's the limit!" for the budget, when no, it most certainly is not.”

If you look at the context of the rest of his post you can tell what he’s saying is that they aren’t making this crazy profit margins that people are assuming.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus REDisPOWER

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. legotron123

legotron123 Child of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I kinda prefer the orange maw, but I don’t think the blue maw looks all that bad. If there’s an easy way to replace it with an orange maw, I might go for that, but otherwise I’m sticking with what I get.

• Like Like x 3
  15. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I had the money, I so would have bought that Cookie Monster. He was pretty much near life sized!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

If you're talking about what a lot of us saw, there was a statement that HasTak didn't sell the amount of UNITS they wanted to. Which didn't mean the did not sell the 8000 minimum units (it was over 12k), but that they were secretly hoping for more than even that. That bit got blown up to mean a lot of things it probably didn't. Unless there's a quote somewhere that someone said they were in the red that didn't originally stem from that first statement, I don't think it's true. I'd be open to someone finding that quote/chain and showing it was a statement standing on it's own. But I would keep in mind that original statement otherwise, as that's the only one I remember being from any source. Everything else I remember reading is what people on this board gathered from it--right or not.

Again, I'll leave room for if I missed something.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah it's China, they make up fake news all the time...Either way I'm actually glad it's in Nam, China doesn't need any more of these types of businesses there...

• Like Like x 1
  18. samisham

Hasbro claims that they pay their average worker 74k a year now, but who knows how they tallied that up. Especially since people say the factories are owned by Takara now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly, Hasbro pays "THEIR" average worker 74k.

The toys are physically produced by other people's workers.

• Like Like x 2
  20. samisham

Yeah, I wonder how much Takara pays the factory workers.

• Like Like x 1