Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The campaign stated, and I quote, *Colors are not final and are subject to change.

• Like Like x 2
  2. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Feel free to search the forums. I tried to account for their costs even being super conservative. They are making a KILLING off these things. It might even be way back in this thread? Pretty sure I posted it in a Unicron thread. My numbers are based off of what I've seen Bandai and other major toy companies post about production cost of injection molds per mold. IIRC, that's about $10k a mold and they are good for around 10,000 uses.

Either way, for a $600 figure, you DO NOT MAKE CHANGES after taking everyone's money. That's some Todd McFarlane level crap and nobody likes how he did his kickstarter supporters. This is that all over again.

For $20,000 they could easily run this part and provide an orange version to everyone (complete with teeth as they could be fitted onto the same mold I'm sure. It's their mistake/oversight. Some CAD designer lumped these pieces into the wrong set of molds and now we are just stuck with it. That's just not acceptable. And IF they were on the fence about something like this, ASK THE COMMUNITY. Don't just ninja the changes and expect people to be happy, especially when the new result is that it looks unpainted and unfinished on a $600 toy.

If you ordered a new car and it came with red door handles but the car is blue, you'd complain right? Mistakes are mistakes. When you buy something you have the right to voice a concern when you spot something wrong or that was misleading.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RedQueen

RedQueen Robo Thot

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    You can put a tiny legal disclaimer to cover your ass for being cheap later on but.... it’s still deceiving..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Indents

Indents Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Its sad how quick people are to complain and whine over things lol

• Like Like x 6
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool that its legal for them to do, everyone knows that. Still deceiving.

• Like Like x 7
  6. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Sending out a fix would be great although they'd probably have to include a disclaimer saying "we can't help you if you break it while trying to install this".

Fixing it at the factory I'm afraid the ship has long sailed on that one. It's getting in peoples' hands already. Who knows how long ago that update was filmed? They could be almost done making them if they aren't already.

I do really hope they're listening though. This figure is a big deal and they messed up a super key part of it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Indents

Twitter:
    idk if this has been said before, but the ring around the teeth has been blue since update 3 lol

• Like Like x 4
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think everyone just ignored it because that was an unpainted prototype. Everyone kinda just assumed they'd change it later. Apparently, they didn't for some reason...

• Like Like x 6
  9. NTPrime

Yes and they've been saying since that same update that the colors were still placeholder. Even if we could tell it was a different plastic for whatever engineering reason, we would assume they were planning to paint it. Now we know they either changed it in purpose or just straight up forgot about it which would be far worse.

• Like Like x 5
  10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Look, end of the day, the people upset have a valid point. I get their being upset, despite not necessarily sharing their passion.

I'm just excited for a giant Unicron that I don't know where to put.

• Like Like x 10
  11. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda sorta. So I think most of us assumed that the one they were fiddling with was a sample, not a final release.

The VERY SAME article (which is linked below) has the orange mouth in the final teaser pic. That pic looks far more finished than the one they are handling.

HasLab War for Cybertron Unicron: Production Update #3 – Hasbro Pulse

12. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You've brought that legal disclaimer up a couple of times now and I don't think that it's the rebuttal you believe it to be. No-one's in here threatening to sue Hasbro. We all knew there would be tweaks to the final product. That doesn't make people's disappointment any less valid.

And? Even if backers realized the blue was going to end up on the production pieces, it's not like they could get a refund from Hasbro. The correct time for them to have shown the blue maw was in the reveal pictures during the campaign.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Indents

Twitter:
    People probably should have caught on when they still had it going on in update 5

• Like Like x 2
  14. NTPrime

Yes that was today now we're all up to speed.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Indents

Twitter:
    Yeah that's because that one's the first prototype they used in the funding period and media lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I am a Hasbro stockholder. Have been for 23 years. Literally half my life. I will send up an inquiry about how inaccurately this item was presented during the funding phase.

I also will wait for an orange color match, get out the tools, and repaint the maw plate to be movie and fund drive image accurate.

This is something that none of us should have to do on a $600 item but here we f¥¢king are.

When I have said color match and the process for getting the part out. I will post it in Radicons.

• Like Like x 15
  17. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol that maw looks like crap, well this is the Hasbro MO.

I guess in six months they'll bring out a Netflix boxed version with the correct colours.

Also the 3 or so Zoomers telling everyone to stop over-reacting. I understand why you don't care, please try to understand why others do.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Indents

Twitter:
    I've always felt that there was something wrong with the maw from the beginning and now that we've seen the final product, I think I can see it was too bland. The extra blue helps break up the huge chunk of orange at the front and I think it's a welcome bit of contrast.

• Like Like x 4
  19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

I'm not too concerned about the blue in the maw, but it is a bit of an eyesore. Now I'm hoping people are unhappy enough with the figure that I can pick one up for close to retail whenever it comes out.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes i'm aware of that disclaimer, but it's not guaranteed to be tossed out, especially if you can prove that it was a material change. But my point still stands in spirit - i'd argue that a lot of people paid up front based on what they showed us, and to have them pull a last-minute switch like this is pretty fucking shit.

Interesting. So how much hardship do I need to suffer in order to complain about this? Refugee, child-soldier, amputee? What's the threshold? But oh yah, for sure, who cares if they color the Razorcrest pink, it's still the ship amirite? Hey, let's also give Unicron three horns on his head, it'll still kind of match! Jeesus.... As others have rightly pointed out, this was an item geared towards adult collectors that we helped fund and get made, at no small expense. It's not "just a toy", it's a substitution of a product that was used to solicit money from backers. It's a dirty move by Hasbro and I feel totally justified in being pissed off about it, even if i'm not a combat vet.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 8