Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

Exactly!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Active Member

Quite the opposite. I bought it after lots of consideration. That's something that adults do: the carefully consider some purchases before making them. Unlike a major purchase like a car, house, boat, condo, etc, this is just a $500 collectible. And one that won't be reissued.

Pretty hard to miss. Even you're doing it. Which is probably why you've missed it - if you knew what it looked like, I'm sure you'd avoid it.

Because I don't care. I haven't cared since 84 and I don't care now. It's not a Pretender, which is the only Shellformer I ever disliked. Apparently, having a shell upsets some consumers. I the same way about neon green. People enjoy various aesthetics.

I made my decision based on what I saw at the time. Anything that exceeds those images is a bonus.

Additionally, $500 is comparable to several other hobby purchases that I've made this year. (Like MP Prime 3.0, gear for my Canon, and audio equipment.) If spending $500 for a giant toy was going to come with regret, I think I would have chosen not to spend that money. My decision to purchase was entirely mine. I didn't watch a YouTube video or read a forum or tweets for reassurance. I watched for features, liked what I saw, and invested.

All it had to do is show up for it to meet my expectations. All of the extra stretch goals were just gravy.

I'm sorry that you were in a bad place and couldn't afford to back it. It sounds like you have a lot of resentment over that. I suspect you'll still have a shot at it after release, as I'm sure some of the 80k were intended solely for flipping. Although, I doubt you'll be able to manage $800+ since $500 was such a big ask for you.

The size, detail, features, extras, and even the bonus Optimus plug that came with my Centurion Drone Accessory kit will be wonderful to display, finally. If you disagree? Who cares? No one asked you what you thought of my enjoyment.

Tribalism. It's apparently everywhere, now.

• Like Like x 12
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    I don't know why I continue to waste my time but here we are.

Last I checked we don't know if it'll be reissued or not, how will you feel if it is? If Hasbro finds a way to release him at retail, will that annoy you? What about when some 3rd party group inevitably makes a Unicron that's just as big but better over-all?

I'm not doing it, I've had several nice interactions with those who just prefer HasLab's figure and I respect their decisions because they were being fair and reasonable. If you're being a dick I'll probably prod you, simple as that, it's what I do. :p 

And that's fine then, it's okay if you don't care, and all the power to you! I mean, it's a little weird to respond like this if you don't care, but.. you know.

Once again you're chalking down all my criticism to some form of jealousy or resentment over a toy, this is incredibly childish and dishonest. I already got my Unicron, and guess what? He cost me almost 400$

[​IMG]

Making assumptions about someone's financial situation is incredibly disrespectful and pigheaded, way moreso than anything I've said here. Also, someone could be in an unfortunate place and still have valid criticism about this figure, smart-ass.

This is why I and others keep coming back, so we can prod the immature, insecure grown men who antagonize others over a toy and are so lacking in confidence that they feel the need to constantly justify their decisions to others.

I'm sure some people are upset they didn't get to support him due to their situation, is that really something to laugh at them over? This year hasn't exactly been a walk in the park for a lot of people, and you're here bragging about buying a giant toy and trying to rub it in my face, someone you don't even really know.

Not a good look.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of bickering and fighting over which hunk of plastic is better, kinda sad that this is supposed to be a forum with adult collectors yet some people still belittle and attack others like children. :-/

• Like Like x 13
  5. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Got bored and changed it back.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still say someone should make a thread for a Core star/ haslab unicron figure argument or what I hope. A polite discussion with respect for the other view point. I would but...do I put in 3rd party or the main transformers toy thread

• Like Like x 1
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All threads like it have been in the 3p section.

• Like Like x 3
  7. nugun2

nugun2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Terrible

8. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Oh my god, it never ends.

• Like Like x 4
  9. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the fighting?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    No, the song. Some people started singing it. Not knowing what it was.

• Like Like x 6
  11. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    Yes Unicron is El Terrible, the big baddie of the first movie and still is one of the main villain's of the franchise.
    Great job! :-D

• Like Like x 4
  12. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

There only ever was an animated G1 Unicron. He was designed for animation and never officially adapted into a released toy until Armada. So yes, you must not enjoy G1 Unicron, therefore this toy shouldn't interest you anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  13. samisham

Not so much the fighting, just the same few arguments again and again and again for two years.

• Like Like x 8
  14. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh that part,

• Like Like x 4
  15. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Welcome to tfw2005.

• Like Like x 5
  16. samisham

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. Indents

Indents Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    [​IMG]

Colour that haslab unicron will be in case anyone is interested

• Like Like x 11
  18. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

Actually i didnt pick up core star because i think it looks like sh*t. Bot mode is too small. Dont need the matrix to beat him. Omega supreme will whoop his ass from earth to cybertron.

• Like Like x 7
  19. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    Is that a trademarked color for plastic/paint?
    I'm kinda interested if that is true.

20. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Many of the people who come in to chime on the back kibble in the new picture likely don’t realize it’s not fully transformed. Forearms not yet pulled up, back kibble not yet pulled down (the top of it collapses to the middle of the head, largely looking like an extension of the collar piece from front view). This is a picture of people working on the figure, not a promotional picture of a fully transformed robot mode.

Regarding trying to convince people about the cartoon accuracy of one figure vs another, as someone who has written many of those posts, I can tell you it’s largely a fool’s errand. The third party version is much less cartoon accurate in planet mode and transfomation, and outside of kibble, the two figures are largely on par in robot mode, with the third party being more accurate in some ways and Haslab being more accurate in others. I say this as some one who’s done comprehensive work and has the receipts.

Haslab Unicron

Haslab Unicron

Haslab Unicron

Haslab Unicron

There will always be people coming into this thread that will prefer the third party version and make claims, incorrect or otherwise, and it’s not worth the energy to respond to the ones that annoy you (unless you are in a punchy mood and enjoy the back and forth, as I used to). At the end of they day, those people are likely not going to own this beautiful labor of love, a massive showpiece and a rare piece of Transformers history, and we will.

• Like Like x 13