Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

"Price should not have anything to do with why something is better. Thats like saying a honda civic is better than a lambrogini because its cheaper."

This is literally my first reply to you. If you took offense to this then i dont know how else to respond. Maybe be less of a snowflake?

• Like Like x 3
  2. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

defining better is never easy because you look at an item from your perspective and what you want/need an item to be/do. Lets keep it with transformers, is a Masterpiece Optimus Prime better than a 2stepchanger? If you are buying it for a 6 year old then I'd say the 2stepchanger if for an adult the Masterpiece. Same with cars Honda civic is better if you have a family with kids and need to do groceries. If you are single and got the money get the Lamborghini. And then comes your wallet, if you got the money and don't have other bills to pay anything is within your budget. But if not you got to make choices. So as with anything it is very subjective what is better for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

You completely missed the point

• Like Like x 2
  4. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

I rather for it to be a Takara thread, than another pointless Studio Cell Zeta vs Haslab Unicron thread.

The zeta figure has absolutely nothing to do with this thread at all

• Like Like x 6
  5. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my update email better check to see if you got it as well. :) 

6. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Discuss core star cell on his thread and post more pics there. Keep.this thread free for unicron or better yet make a thread to discuss the figures and compare them there :) 

• Like Like x 8
  7. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Yeah I was kind of hoping the update we've been seeing was just a draft and they may have something more substantial to add by the time the emails went out. Ah well. I love the orange on the body but the plastic on the head, wings, and rubber spikes still don't match, just like in update 3, so it's either not a recent picture or it's not as far along as we'd hoped. Or I guess they can just ship it with the non-matching colors like that... doubtful though since she specifically called out the colors not matching in update 3. The non-painted blue (i.e. the legs and inner backpack) also look a little too green but that could just be the photo.

I'd just like to say I love the split chin. During the campaign it was either the regular chin in all the photos or the split chin in a badly done photoshop that wasn't even the right shape. Now that we're seeing it on the real figure it looks so good.

As for the Core Star, honestly guys just stop. Haslab Unicron has some kibble. Core Star has a horrible planet mode and pitiful little toothpick wings in robot mode. Neither are perfect, there's no need to debate about it further, they each have their own threads.

Kind of unrelated, but has anyone found a good table to put this guy on? I've been trying to find something like a waist-high table/display stand with a 22" x 22" surface to fit the stand and maybe one extra shelf below it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You prefer a cult like following around a figure? Yikes. How about we keep a thread where people can speak about whatever the hell they want related to Haslab’s Unicron.

I created an Appreciation thread for This figure already if all you want to hear is good things about it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

It is possible to critique the figure though without bringing Studio Cell into it. At this point anyone who got Haslab Unicron either decided to get it instead of Studio Cell, or got both. It's not productive to keep talking about Studio Cell to all the people who are looking forward to the other one.

• Like Like x 8
  10. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Man all the bickering needs to stop. Get the Unicron you want the most and be happy we have amazing options.

I've already got Core Star and he's absolutely incredible and magical. And can't wait to get my Haslab Unicron as well.

• Like Like x 7
  11. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Now that, I agree on.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Lol. So anyone who provides criticism is not permitted to post? I provided what I liked and disliked in my first post. There is nothing wrong with what I posted. What is wrong is for you and others to try and say that I dont have an opinion. Perhaps the discussion should be why the anime face looks like crap. Since the toy is toon accurate - as you and others have pointed out it obviously can't be wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Comparisons between the Zeta and this can be made as long as it is done peacefully. It is how we react do it. It is ok to mention it and constructive disagreement is ok. Please carry on.

• Like Like x 11
  14. jojo1982

How about we keep our thoughts on just the figure rather it’s good or bad in here. There’s no need for an Appreciation Thread

• Like Like x 2
  15. jojo1982

Exactly!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

Quite the opposite. I bought it after lots of consideration. That's something that adults do: the carefully consider some purchases before making them. Unlike a major purchase like a car, house, boat, condo, etc, this is just a $500 collectible. And one that won't be reissued.

Pretty hard to miss. Even you're doing it. Which is probably why you've missed it - if you knew what it looked like, I'm sure you'd avoid it.

Because I don't care. I haven't cared since 84 and I don't care now. It's not a Pretender, which is the only Shellformer I ever disliked. Apparently, having a shell upsets some consumers. I the same way about neon green. People enjoy various aesthetics.

I made my decision based on what I saw at the time. Anything that exceeds those images is a bonus.

Additionally, $500 is comparable to several other hobby purchases that I've made this year. (Like MP Prime 3.0, gear for my Canon, and audio equipment.) If spending $500 for a giant toy was going to come with regret, I think I would have chosen not to spend that money. My decision to purchase was entirely mine. I didn't watch a YouTube video or read a forum or tweets for reassurance. I watched for features, liked what I saw, and invested.

All it had to do is show up for it to meet my expectations. All of the extra stretch goals were just gravy.

I'm sorry that you were in a bad place and couldn't afford to back it. It sounds like you have a lot of resentment over that. I suspect you'll still have a shot at it after release, as I'm sure some of the 80k were intended solely for flipping. Although, I doubt you'll be able to manage $800+ since $500 was such a big ask for you.

The size, detail, features, extras, and even the bonus Optimus plug that came with my Centurion Drone Accessory kit will be wonderful to display, finally. If you disagree? Who cares? No one asked you what you thought of my enjoyment.

Tribalism. It's apparently everywhere, now.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    I don't know why I continue to waste my time but here we are.

Last I checked we don't know if it'll be reissued or not, how will you feel if it is? If Hasbro finds a way to release him at retail, will that annoy you? What about when some 3rd party group inevitably makes a Unicron that's just as big but better over-all?

I'm not doing it, I've had several nice interactions with those who just prefer HasLab's figure and I respect their decisions because they were being fair and reasonable. If you're being a dick I'll probably prod you, simple as that, it's what I do. :p 

And that's fine then, it's okay if you don't care, and all the power to you! I mean, it's a little weird to respond like this if you don't care, but.. you know.

Once again you're chalking down all my criticism to some form of jealousy or resentment over a toy, this is incredibly childish and dishonest. I already got my Unicron, and guess what? He cost me almost 400$

[​IMG]

Making assumptions about someone's financial situation is incredibly disrespectful and pigheaded, way moreso than anything I've said here. Also, someone could be in an unfortunate place and still have valid criticism about this figure, smart-ass.

This is why I and others keep coming back, so we can prod the immature, insecure grown men who antagonize others over a toy and are so lacking in confidence that they feel the need to constantly justify their decisions to others.

I'm sure some people are upset they didn't get to support him due to their situation, is that really something to laugh at them over? This year hasn't exactly been a walk in the park for a lot of people, and you're here bragging about buying a giant toy and trying to rub it in my face, someone you don't even really know.

Not a good look.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of bickering and fighting over which hunk of plastic is better, kinda sad that this is supposed to be a forum with adult collectors yet some people still belittle and attack others like children. :-/

• Like Like x 13
  19. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still say someone should make a thread for a Core star/ haslab unicron figure argument or what I hope. A polite discussion with respect for the other view point. I would but...do I put in 3rd party or the main transformers toy thread

• Like Like x 1
  20. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    All threads like it have been in the 3p section.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.