Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

All i said was that price should not be a factor as to why one figure is better than another(which you stated in your post). Youre the one getting pissy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

I bought Unicron knowing he has a big backpack and hollow parts. He ticks boxes for me that Studio cell doesn't. The price doesn't even bother me, I can handle it. I think many others feel the same way. It gets tiring when you come into the thread expecting an update and someone re-hashes an argument that's been gone over ad-nauseum as if it's an original idea being shown to us "blind folk" for the first time. I'm not getting the Studio cell figure but I think it looks great.

But hey, it's a discussion forum, I'm not going to try and stop someone who thinks they're the first person to notice Unicron's kibble, from trying to save the people who already bought it from the disappointment of these visible deficits.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Trunkkey

Trunkkey There are no bad toys, just bad people.

Let me snapshot this beautiful moment in time to make a point before it is inevitably modded away.
    Though the two figures share similar aesthetic inspiration they strive for different things. Hence there is no definitive answer as to which is better. We are trying to fit everything into buckets and be "objective" but everyone fills their buckets differently and we can't see past our own bias. This is true for both sides.

Think of it like this: Scooter or Car? To some people, a car is a no brainer while to a lot of other people, the car makes absolutely no sense. Both get you from point A to point B on wheels, but each have their own fortes. An inability to identify and appreciate their respective strengths results in this TFW shitshow.
    In the end you're comparing two entirely different things meant for different people. Heightening the aspect important to you while rationalizing away things that are important to others is fine. This is human. Telling others that they are wrong for their rationalizations is ignorance?

So while I agree that Core Star is the most obvious comparison, the objective points we can compare are either moot or glaringly obvious. The rest is subjective and not a "critique". Critiques are analytical and most of these are pure subjective.
    The turtle shell, for example... 1. we know it's there 2. we're kinda over it. To then bring it up is pointless. we've already rationalized it away. We aren't denying it's there, It just isn't a priority over presence, sculpt, and size.
    Just as the core star people have justified away the "minor" things core star can't do.
    It's moderately unfair, though, that people aren't coming to the haslab unicron to have a discussion. They aren't here with open minds or a desire to understand our values. people just drop by, say uninspired things, and when we try having the same, tired, old discussion with yet another person who we already know won't change they say "omg my opinions are objective critiques. It's so funny watching you get bent out of shape over a toy"
    *shrugs*

and yes.
    It's entirely my fault for coming back to these threads.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Personally I can't wait for him to come. Can't come soon enough. Gimmie my toy Hasbro! LOL. Trypticon is currently warming his table where he will go along with all the SS86 and Kingdom 86 characters. My problem is where do I put Titan Trypticon once Unicron comes. I have now real shelves left to put him on. He may go on the floor. lol

• Like Like x 5
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's worse when it's the same people over and over ad nauseum

pretty much this

• Like Like x 5
  6. Trunkkey

Trunkkey There are no bad toys, just bad people.

Having said all that...
    here is my Core Star. Honestly forgot it was there. LOL

A Unicron in a box that I can ignore is no Unicron. I want an offensively big box that cannot be left undealt with. I want SPACE ISSUES BABY! (Pun intended)
    I want my overtly polite wife to COMMENT on that second and third Unicron box conspicuously trying to blend in with the living room furniture. BRING ME THAT CHAOS!
    5FFE501D-7923-490C-AEBA-7020B9B96FAA.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  7. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

Personally I try to be a nice guy to everyone but if someone’s going to be rude to me first over an opinion and be a little salt Goblin then I’m unfortunately going to have to turn into a salt eating monster
    I’m actually not, it’s all you, have a good day

• Like Like x 4
  8. Donnie707

"Price should not have anything to do with why something is better. Thats like saying a honda civic is better than a lambrogini because its cheaper."

This is literally my first reply to you. If you took offense to this then i dont know how else to respond. Maybe be less of a snowflake?

• Like Like x 3
  9. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

defining better is never easy because you look at an item from your perspective and what you want/need an item to be/do. Lets keep it with transformers, is a Masterpiece Optimus Prime better than a 2stepchanger? If you are buying it for a 6 year old then I'd say the 2stepchanger if for an adult the Masterpiece. Same with cars Honda civic is better if you have a family with kids and need to do groceries. If you are single and got the money get the Lamborghini. And then comes your wallet, if you got the money and don't have other bills to pay anything is within your budget. But if not you got to make choices. So as with anything it is very subjective what is better for you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Donnie707

You completely missed the point

• Like Like x 2
  11. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

I rather for it to be a Takara thread, than another pointless Studio Cell Zeta vs Haslab Unicron thread.

The zeta figure has absolutely nothing to do with this thread at all

• Like Like x 6
  12. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my update email better check to see if you got it as well. :) 

13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Discuss core star cell on his thread and post more pics there. Keep.this thread free for unicron or better yet make a thread to discuss the figures and compare them there :) 

• Like Like x 8
  14. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Yeah I was kind of hoping the update we've been seeing was just a draft and they may have something more substantial to add by the time the emails went out. Ah well. I love the orange on the body but the plastic on the head, wings, and rubber spikes still don't match, just like in update 3, so it's either not a recent picture or it's not as far along as we'd hoped. Or I guess they can just ship it with the non-matching colors like that... doubtful though since she specifically called out the colors not matching in update 3. The non-painted blue (i.e. the legs and inner backpack) also look a little too green but that could just be the photo.

I'd just like to say I love the split chin. During the campaign it was either the regular chin in all the photos or the split chin in a badly done photoshop that wasn't even the right shape. Now that we're seeing it on the real figure it looks so good.

As for the Core Star, honestly guys just stop. Haslab Unicron has some kibble. Core Star has a horrible planet mode and pitiful little toothpick wings in robot mode. Neither are perfect, there's no need to debate about it further, they each have their own threads.

Kind of unrelated, but has anyone found a good table to put this guy on? I've been trying to find something like a waist-high table/display stand with a 22" x 22" surface to fit the stand and maybe one extra shelf below it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You prefer a cult like following around a figure? Yikes. How about we keep a thread where people can speak about whatever the hell they want related to Haslab’s Unicron.

I created an Appreciation thread for This figure already if all you want to hear is good things about it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

It is possible to critique the figure though without bringing Studio Cell into it. At this point anyone who got Haslab Unicron either decided to get it instead of Studio Cell, or got both. It's not productive to keep talking about Studio Cell to all the people who are looking forward to the other one.

• Like Like x 8
  17. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Man all the bickering needs to stop. Get the Unicron you want the most and be happy we have amazing options.

I've already got Core Star and he's absolutely incredible and magical. And can't wait to get my Haslab Unicron as well.

• Like Like x 7
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that, I agree on.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Lol. So anyone who provides criticism is not permitted to post? I provided what I liked and disliked in my first post. There is nothing wrong with what I posted. What is wrong is for you and others to try and say that I dont have an opinion. Perhaps the discussion should be why the anime face looks like crap. Since the toy is toon accurate - as you and others have pointed out it obviously can't be wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Comparisons between the Zeta and this can be made as long as it is done peacefully. It is how we react do it. It is ok to mention it and constructive disagreement is ok. Please carry on.

• Like Like x 11