Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    You know this Unicron figured had completely slipped my mind and for some reason i thought it had already shipped to those who ordered it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Can tell this got front paged, eh?

• Like Like x 11
  3. Towzone

Towzone Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    $500 shellformer? Hard pass.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I made that SIOC thread some time ago having done this sort of work professionally and one thing I noted in there was my fear that this box would be shipped without an outer wrap and sadly this video pretty much confirms that. If you want a deeper dive into the type of study they're running here is a page on found on the drop testing process.

5 Steps to the Carton Drop Test

Section 3 on that page shows the drop heights and their choice of 18" means that the package weight is between 41 and 60 lbs. The drop height decreases as the weight increases as there is an assumption that a UPS/FedEx/USPS employee is less likely to lift a heavier box higher before dropping it. For this package 18" may even be too high since it has the hand holds so it will generally be even closer to the ground when lifted by a person. Heavier boxes also tend to be stacked on the bottom on trucks and are less likely to fall. You can also see the big numbers on the sides of the box in that video matching the numbering system from that blog link.

You wouldn't do this sort of test on the inner carton without the outer one. The intent behind a shock and vibe study like this is to simulate what happens to the product when it goes through an expected distribution network. Testing it without the outer wrap doesn't make any sense as you wouldn't get an accurate read on the damage that could happen. You can also see that the carton is "H-Taped" meaning that there is tape along the edges as well as the along the gap in the upper and lower flaps. You also wouldn't do that with an inner carton since the point of that is to limit the box opening from the corner drops. If it was going inside another box it would just have the flaps taped closed and then the outer wrap would get the H-taping applied. (Which it is in that sail barge photo, the outer is H-taped and the inner is not.). The hand holds also basically show that they won't be another box outside it as you wouldn't be able to access them if there was another box in the way.

Ya so... that is the shipping container. I would be shocked to see it in an outer carton based on this video.

• Like Like x 7
  5. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Well there's still time left to get one if you change your mind! Oh wait no there isn't and nobody cares. And it wasn't even close to $800.

• Like Like x 27
  6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man, I hope the planet rings and the body are a little closer matched on the final figure. I won't be thrilled with dropping this kind of cash and getting an Earthrise Sunstreaker situation.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You’re saying that like you can still buy it.

• Like Like x 34
  8. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fascinating as a non purchaser looking in, but man seeing how bad my country is fucking up parcel sorting and delivery, I hope it’s sorted out before this thing ships or some people would never see it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BlankMan

BlankMan Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been mentioned but are each of these going to have specific serial numbers like "55 of.."? Just curious.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm obviously in no position to buy this big boy, but here's hoping the joints can keep it together for those who somehow managed to buy him.

Those joints would have to be, what, die-cast? What's stronger than die-cast? I want to say mithril, but that's not even real...

• Like Like x 1
  11. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps it does just have a ton of protective material? I'm just basing my opinion on the size of the figure we see on the table versus the size of the box we see that's the "shipping" box.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    The more I see of Unicron the more my Hype for it is dying down.

Don't get me wrong. He looks absolutely amazing. Nice and beefy and all that fucking detail as should be prominent on a Planetformer., but...the more I see it (him), the more numb to it's presence i'm getting. Like the overall joy for a new product is kinda dying away. I hate that about me. Do any of you guys ever get that feeling as well? I can't be alone in this. I always usually have that New toy joy. you know what i'm talking about? But idk. It's just my joy, excitement and anticipation is just kinda "meh" now for this guy. Is there something wrong with me? :(  I feel like a freak or something.

I just don't love and enjoy things they way I once used to i guess. Or...maybe it's just because I can't afford it at all and never could so my urges to want it and need it just aren't there anymore so I just don't care about him anymore one way or the other.

I do still like the updates and whatnot. but knowing I'm never going to own him probably killed my interest and my harsh reality set in for it. Maybe that's why my love for it and interest kinda died down for it.

I don't hate or dislike the Toy by any means. Never have. I guess I just don't care one way or the other anymore. Which is a little depressing. Because in terms of being a Fan I absolutely love this thing. but as a collector and buyer/owner of Toys My excitement and sense of wonder is 0. :(  That's a Bummer for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Yeah, seems like he just needs someone holding one of his arms that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BATTLEMASTER

BATTLEMASTER Thunderlips Overlord fan and 3D designer/printer

Oh my... That's RIT's Packaging Science Lab in Building 82! That's so awesome that my alma mater got to help with this :) 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Since the dawn of TFW2005, that debate of which TF toy/collectible/figure is better fascinates me. If you are cognizant, it means that you (consumers/fans) have more choices available. IMO, the 3rd party companies coming out with TF inspired designs are amazing. Those people/teams provide a product that didn't exist before.

As to the Haslab Unicron vs Studio Cell discussion. Follow the KISS rule. Keep it super simple. If you like one over the other, or neither... great. Can you afford to buy one, both, neither...great. Options and also questions of availability or lack of. Great to be a fan and the information/perspectives this forum provides is exceptional. Happy Holidays folks!

• Like Like x 4
  17. happy

happy Philosopher

Has a ship date been announced yet?

• Like Like x 2
  18. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    $800?!?!? What are you talkin bout Willis?

whatchatalkinabout.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  19. Towzone

Ebay:
    My bad on the price mistake. But obviously you care enough to reply.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Towzone

Ebay:
    Sorry I misremembered the price. Guess it just seems incredibly overpriced for what they are offering and I passed on it when available due to that.

The point is for hundreds of dollars incorporate the robot mode into the alt mode.