Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Really? People bitched enough about the cost to back it in the first place. You seriously think people would want to pay more?

• Like Like x 2
  2. mjaszewski

mjaszewski Active Member

Does it matter what the box looks like as long as it's the original box it came in?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

IMO, people might be willing to pay more for a collectors box if it's offered as an option.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Collector's box would be wasted money, because "true collectors" will want the shipper AND the collector's box. I know collectors who demand the shipping boxes of toys, or they don't consider it "complete". Usually it's HotToys, but I've seen it with a few other internet exclusive toys. There's no pleasing anyone in the toy collectors world. We're ALL spoiled brats. Some of us just do a better job accepting it than others still in denial. Me? I don't care what my kids do with my Transformers when I'm done. I made a list of their estimated value for insurance purposes, but if I die tomorrow, I'm not gonna care what they do with it. It's ridiculous to assume my kids will give a crap about the box condition or detail. They will probably go straight to ebay from my funeral and just put a 7 day auction for each piece. I'm fine with that. I had fun collecting them. They aren't the crown jewels.

I rarely sell stuff with the boxes, and IF it affected the price, I don't notice, because I almost always get more than I paid for it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It depends on the price. If they offered a collector box and a poster or small art book for $600 instead of 575 I would have bought it. For $650, not so much.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takes me back to the Matty days of MOTUC, the shippers also helped distinguish what was an original run, and what was a re-issue for early figures. The original first few years the shippers were treated white cardboard, then went to a less treated brown cardboard. I actually threw out those early shippers... but I don't have plans to sell either.

I'd prefer a less fancy shipper for Unicron as it will likely wind up in storage for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

A collectors box is a waste on me as I plan on displaying the figures and not the boxes the figures were packed in from Hasbro.

• Like Like x 4
  8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think people love their fancy, colourful boxes when they remain blissfully ignorant of how much it actually cost them.

Unless the box is actually part of the experience (as with the Sail Barge), I think a large majority of buyers would scoff at the extra $25-50 or whatever they'd have to pay for a bit of fancy cardboard if those costs were laid out for them transparently.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So somebody please explain: Movable teeth? Is that the same as movable mouth, or is that different? Is every tooth in his mouth rotatable or something?? XD

• Like Like x 2
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Teeth on the bottom jaw move down to hide when closing the mouth and can be brought back up when the jaw is open.

• Like Like x 7
  11. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Best I can tell... his teeth pop up into position when you open the mouth. They are definitely separate pieces. You can see it clearly in the pic of Unicron eating little Galvatron.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Delta Beam Dale

Delta Beam Dale Knockoff Marvel Hero

So I know this is more of a radicons thing, but I'm posting it here because it's on topic.

I'm 3d printing some incredibly small transformers to accompany the Galvatron and Rodimus coming with Unicron. These models are just the one's from the Earth Wars mobile game. A guy on DeviantArt, papercraft king, posted them. They may be low poly but they look great when printed in miniature. I just chose an arbitrary few characters to test the waters of scale with a Titan, Combiner, and regular bots of various builds. I also used a UV light to catch more detail for the camera on the white resin, so that's why the color looks like that.

Right to left it's Metroplex, a Titan master (for size reference), Defensor, Lugnut, Starscream, his tetrajet mode, Blackarachnia, Ultra Magnus, and a second smaller Ultra Magnus that I believe to be closer in size to the slug figures we'll be getting with Unicron. For the record the tiny Magnus is printed at 1cm the larger is 1.6cm.

Eventually I'll have the whole cast (or at least everyone in the Earth Wars game) printed to display with Unicron! I found that many of the character models need a lot of alteration to make it printable but I've got nothing but time right now anyway. Due to the limitations of that smaller size, I won't be printing to match the smaller magnus, so I don't think these will scale with the slug figures, but oh well. I'd rather see more detail on the figures than have them be that small. I hadn't planned on it initially, but now Unicron is gonna have a hell of a display! 20200529_231302.jpg 20200529_231240.jpg 20200529_231219.jpg 20200529_231127.jpg

Edit: I realized the pictures are a little fuzzy and really don't do the prints justice. I set my phone to a higher megapixel and used a magnifying glass this time, so this is probably as good a picture I can take. But I assure you the details are pretty impressive in person for something so small
    20200530_004212.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 27
  13. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Badass! Looks awesome! Can’t wait to see the final display!

• Like Like x 2
  14. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They look fantastic, but they will be horrendous to paint up...hope you've got a tiny brush and a steady hand!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks cool i hope you make a quick buck and make some for sell
    Quick question Are they earth wars models? That lugunt looks like some of a game that ive seen recently

• Like Like x 3
  16. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oops i just read the first part and then looked at the pics

• Like Like x 2
  18. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't want write it myself and come off all knowledgeable so I just quoted the relevant bit. To be fair, that little sentence was easily missed in a large paragraph, so I won't hold it against you :p 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Delta Beam Dale

Delta Beam Dale Knockoff Marvel Hero

While I do have those things for the most part, I'm going to try my hand at dying them their primary color and then sparingly paint the secondary colors. I'm just worried that even thinned paint will cover some of the small details.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like the best option. I hear you on the finger details, but have a good look at the HasLab ones. They aren't exactly refined...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.