Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    While I agree it was off-topic, your responses were a little douchey.

Besides, the past few pages have been off topic as well - Anthony Hopkins, non-existent box art, etc.

Seems like your responses were brought on by a plunger, via your breadbox analogy.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    20200527_155434.jpg

That inner mouth detail is really neat.

Rather than a tongue, it looks like Unicron has a conveyor belt to drag lifeforms down his robot mode gullet.

~L~

• Like Like x 22
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love characterful little details like that. One of my favourite embellishments was how FansProject's version of Skullcruncher had an industrial-style grinder/shredder at the back of his crocodile throat.

• Like Like x 4
  4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah that explains a lot. Even hollywood gets fed up with drama queens eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mirbymom1977

Mirbymom1977 New Member

Forget the toy I want the cat!

• Like Like x 3
  6. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is true that the artwork on the Titan Class boxes has been, so far, close to a work of art.
    But I totally understand that with something this size and weight, such a box would easily get damaged and bent. I mean, Unicron is not just taller than Fort Max, he is a lot heavier - Max's lower legs are practically empty inside.
    However, I remember that there will be a promotional art poster inside, if I recall right. Don't quote me on it, maybe I remember wrong.

You are not much of a collector if you think that. Have you looked up on ebay how much difference in price there is between a loose complete toy, and a MIB complete toy?

LOL you are hilarious "dragon". Pics, or it didn't happen. What flea market you go to where they STILL sell MISB G1 toys? Because I think many people on this board would kill to know where that place is... I still dream about finding some old run-down store which still has G1 toys, lost in some forgotten suburb of a small city where nobody goes. But the last time that happened was in 2000 or so when I found some leftover G2 toys in a little toy shop in Budapest.
    These days, even flea market sellers know how to use the internet, and I have seen time and again some hungarian seller try to sell loose, incomplete Overlords for ridiculous sums on Vatera or Jófogás (our versions of Ebay) thinking they are as rare in here than they are outside Europe.

What, it's my fault I am not an expert of your little in-joke of a name that only you and your friends understand? And no, lots kids don't watch the old SW movies. I know plenty TF fans younger than me who never even saw any SW movies, not even the prequels.
    But sure, troll me some more, see that you can go on my rather small block list. It's a challenge.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  7. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    He’s not wrong though. A box only has value if you intend to sell the toys, and I don’t have any intention of selling any of my toys.

• Like Like x 9
  8. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    orson.jpg
    orson2.jpg

ORSON WELLES 1915-1985

Rest in peace, timeless American treasure!! You will never be forgotten so long as the internet lives and UNICRON IS IMMORTAL!!!

• Like Like x 4
  9. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me neither, and I live in a tiny flat, but I make a point to keep the boxes. Unless they discovers ways to save human brains on computers, or I discover the forbidden secrets of lichdom, I ain't gonna live forever. And I am already keeping track of my collection and what it's worth for whoever inherits it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL this is a good one :D 

96799373_2895245407197439_7778487868170698752_n.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    For most Transformers, I'd question the cost/benefit ratio of such behavior. The vast majority of Transformers toys simply aren't going to be worth that much, regardless of whether or not packages are included, by the time your heirs would want to unload them.

While I'm sure that Unicron could be an exception to that rule, I think the point remains.

IMHO, a person who keeps toys specifically with the intention to sell them later is less a "collector" and more a "speculator." There's nothing wrong with being a speculator, but the emphasis on the purpose of the items one owns is quite different.

• Like Like x 6
  12. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  13. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did not see this mentioned here yet, but something else is coming from HasbroLabs:
    Hasbro Pulse - Fan First Friday May 22nd Marvel Legends Live Stream Recap - The Toyark - News
    Seems my guess of the next project being Marvel related was right, though it won't be Galactus, but a giant Sentinel.
    They showed a leg next to some figures, it is HUGE. Mind you I am not an expert on how big Marvel Legends figures are as I mostly have larger Build-a-Figures, but based on that leg I'd estimate the Sentinel will be around the size of a Titan class TF.

I disagree... I have already sold some TFs I got at the time when any new toy appearing in my country was new and I wanted it (read: Armada-Energon) and I found that I could get far more for them if I had the boxes and instructions. What was true of G1 will be true of many other lines, in due time.
    And it's not like they take up much space. I always carefully disassemble the boxes (not cut apart) and flatten them.
    This is btw, especially true of older Lego. You can put together a set from anything, often enough - but if you have the boxes and instructions, then the price often significantly increases.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Looking forward to some pics of Unicron raising that huge Sentinel aloft overhead!

• Like Like x 1
  15. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    So you're selling toys with boxes, but not the plastic inserts that keep them safe? Those don't collapse particularly well, and whenever I try to sell a toy with its package (yes, I do "speculate" from time to time. As I said, there's nothing wrong with eyeing the value of your toys and/or selling them when you don't want them anymore), I ALWAYS want to include the inserts. Without them, I wouldn't consider it to be a packaged toy. Just a loose toy with some paper....

In any event, we can all come up with examples of toys that sell for more with packaging. But there are TONS of toys now that the franchise is decades old that it really doesn't make enough of a difference.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apart from the fact I live in a 3 bed house, not a tiny flat, this is exactly me. Spreadsheet with all characters, various manufacturers i.e. TT and 3P, and how much I paid. In time, I'll adjust based on current worth, but for now the purchase price is sufficient.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The Sentinel from haslab was first announced during toyfair, though I'm not sure they mentioned it by name, anyone familiar with x-men could tell what they were teasing

• Like Like x 5
  18. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I often joke with my mother that if she didn't throw away all the boxes of my old toys now I wouldn't need to work.
    Talking about Unicron, I love fancy boxes filled with useless gadgets and I think that for collector items packaging is part of the experience, so I would have loved for him to come un a luxurious box. Having said that, the pragmatic part of me is well aware that after the initial unboxing the box is going in storage (probably filled with other boxes to save space) so I'm not really disappointed by Hasbro's choice of packaging.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I try to watch this commercial at least once or twice a month because of how amazing it is.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

Hasbro could offer a collectors box for an additional cost to those that want to have it as a keepsake and a plain Jane for those that just want to tear it open to get to the center of the tootsie pop.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.