Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I doubt it. Which is just as well since I haven't the space, much less the funds, to buy this.

Now where's that darn Armada Optimus Prime! History has proven that when third-parties start making stuff, Takara usually strikes back with an official version of the guy the third-parties were making. (Ex: We saw a surge of third-party Sunstreakers for a while and then, boom, Takara announced their own Sunstreaker.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am thinking they will have extras for sale, also the possibility of providing spare parts for bad fig's. Hoping to get one myself when they get close to release.

• Like Like x 1
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the barge, the only time they released extras was to sell them outside of North America since that’s where it was excluded, so I wouldn’t bet on it.

Have you considered that not everyone shares your view on boxes? I know, probably a new concept, but some people actually care what it comes in.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Sure and then they pile up and you look like a hoarder.

• Like Like x 3
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That applies with toys as well. What do you think people see when they walk into a room full of toys. Your need to insult kinda backfires when the same applies to you. People have different opinions on boxes, accept that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no because I’m not collecting something that’s intended to be recycled or thrown in the trash and that’s where the box is intended to go. No one who respects your collections will saying “wow what a hoarder” but they will say it if your just keeping and collecting and stacking the packaging on top of eachother because you think they have some kinda value. They’re boxes. Throw them away and enjoy the toy.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Keep on truckin'!

That pic of planet mode Unicron bearing down on Cybertron Primus really puts the size of this thing in perspective. :) 
    Still trying to figure out where to put this beast.

• Like Like x 2
  9. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

Absolutely gorgeous!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was hoping this was the boxart
    Unicron_Poster_final.jpg
    Or atleast use the platinum art
    unicron_01l.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  11. C16

C16 Space Nomad

It's still annoying how thin the maw teeth are.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PkP Edge PkP

PkP Edge PkP Well-Known Member

I have hundreds of third party and other stuff and I have not once givin one single fuck about the box. As long as it safely holds my figure from damage in shipping its trash.

• Like Like x 3
  13. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 TFW Detective

Idk if u guys saw the city mode concept but I kinda like it, reminds me of the universe war where they were on Unicron and fighting in the pit. I mean it’s clearly a after thought but still unique

• Like Like x 2
  14. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what scene you care about most, since the animators were nothing if not inconsistent. HasLab clearly modeled it after the opening scene, and I think it’s hard to complain much about the accuracy there.

[​IMG]

If you are more of a proceed to oblivion guy, then yes, it is different.

[​IMG]

For me, I think Unicron’s best details are present in the opening feeding of Lithone scene, so I’m happy that’s the one they went with

• Like Like x 16
  15. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    There's one thing about Unicron that so many of us choose to forget - this isn't a "lost" G1 toy.
    This isn't Takara's G1 boxed toy #00 Creator Primus.

This is and always has been War for Cybertron Unicron.

Now, War for Cybertron Unicron may be styled really, really close to the Unicron in The Transformers: The Movie (which makes a lot of sense, this whole trilogy leans heavily into G1 nostalgia) but as far as Hasbro are concerned this is an exclusive like the Generations Selects mail-away series, only much bigger, much more expensive and much more important to their three-year projections.

At this point I'll editorialise by saying I think the Generations Selects packaging is very bland and I dislike how generic it is. There's nothing on the box to even indicate which toy you're getting except a sticker on the bottom plane. At least Unicron's box has got artwork specific to Unicron in it.

Generations Selects are the same as Unicron in that the packaging is not designed to entice you to spend your money in a store - you already did that when you saw photos of the toy and placed your order. The packaging is solely responsible for getting the toy from Hasbro's warehouse to your address complete and undamaged.

If this toy were promoted as being Generation One Unicron, I would expect a G1-style package, but because this has always been War for Cybertron Unicron my expectation is that the box be similar to Hasbro's other War for Cybertron exclusives.

That's my 2 cents on the matter. I have spoken.

~L~

• Like Like x 12
  16. Delta Beam Dale

Delta Beam Dale Well-Known Member

Do you mean it's annoying that they're hollow? Because I'm thinking the plastic is a good thickness there, definitely won't be bending or warping at that thickness

• Like Like x 1
  17. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...yeah, i'm still disappointed that we're not getting the playset mode: such a missed opportunity to add substantial play value to the figure...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Delta Beam Dale

Delta Beam Dale Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll be seeing it again in the fanmodes thread

• Like Like x 3
  19. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you plan sell something person ask is it mint in box you say no I took it out like how you reply to that buy to keep in it box never take out I was in Somali situation someone ask me if toy yeah I do is it mint in box not it’s not they didn’t want it since it was taken out of box,.

And besides I have been to flea markets where original generation one one toys are kept in boxes and no one has bought them Dino bots, metroplex, prime, starscream , those are toys are still sitting at flea market waiting for someone buy them I through boxes out I don’t keep boxes statues are shipped in statues have no value who needs keep box, and toys yeah if you plan on never ever selling toy you may as well buy mint in box, but if your buy toy and put toy shelf and take it sell it someone later no need keep it in box no need keep box at all through it out

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

It\'s gonna be an event once this shows up in the mail!   My mail carrier is gonna be.....WTF

• Like Like x 1