Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    For us, "retired" means sending off dies to be recycled. They're melted down five years after the end of a production model. We don't hold on to them for any purpose other than to create service parts for a mandated period of time. If we didn't need to hold them for five years, they'd be gone as soon as possible as floor space is expensive real estate in a factory and dies are massive, heavy and always in the way when not in use.

Hasbro may warehouse the fixtures for some sense of nostalgia but I suspect they won't keep the entire lot. And I also think Hasbro will be much for careful with this set than those of the past. Haven't seen the market flooded with KO sail barges.

• Like Like x 3
  2. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Great points. If Hasbro goes through the expense of storing these molds for an indefinite matter of time they likely have the intention to, or simply don’t want to rule out, re-releasing Unicron. Otherwise, those molds are likely gonna be gonzo as soon as they see fit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine they'll keep a set, but rather than leave them in some factory warehouse somewhere, they'll ship them to either the Hasbro or TakaraTomy head offices for safekeeping, in case they ever want to show them off for some big exhibition or something.

• Like Like x 4
  4. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

I believe that if Hasbro keep saying that this is a one time only chance of getting this Unicron. Then this is the only time we’re getting this version of the figure, no speculations about a rerelease.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, that is the intent. I think people are getting hung up on the clause where HasTak reserves the right to continue to use the toolings beyond the crowdfund. I don't believe that means that there's any likelihood of a second release or anything down the road. Their exclamation that this would be a one-off was quite clear. Going against that spirit would undermine the nature of HasLab.

But in theory, there are ways they could do a new run without violating the terms of the crowdfund. If, in say, 10 years, HasTak decides to press another 100 special versions for a "Lucky Draw" prize of somesort, then making it clear that that was always an option for them provides legal cover, in case someone decides to sue for "false pretenses" or somesuch.

• Like Like x 3
  6. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

why is there so much talk of a second run. we dont even have the first run yet.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    That'd be a really big exhibition. Like I said, I can see them keeping select pieces, the head, the rings, the maw. Not a foot or fingers.

All these pieces ever made was tiny Lego bricks and it's not exactly small for convenient storage.
    s479bs5rjg911.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a weird thing. I take it then you are the same age as me, 42 now? If you are 42 and still collecting a line of children's toys of transforming robots... you will be doing that 10 years from now too, trust me. Otherwise, you'd have already quit when you were 24 or so and moved on. :D  You are in this game for the Long Haul, pardon the pun. :) 

• Like Like x 7
  9. Superhans

Superhans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m inclined to agree. I took a 15 year break but now I’m back in it, I can’t foresee myself stopping. When you’re pushing 40, you know what gives you joy.

• Like Like x 6
  10. lilcarus

i disagree with that completely. because until i came across dx9 omega and it brought me back into the loop on the legends side of things. i could have cared less about collecting. infact the last time i even remember buying/getting a transformer must have been when i was maybe 10yrs old. this is not something that has been a major part of my life other than the fact that i like the media. i have kept up with the comics over the years but that was it.

until recently there really hasnt been any new innovations in the bot making process. i finally came back because these are the toys i envisioned as a child or exactly how they were portrayed in the comics.

all i was saying in 10 yrs i expect to be in the next chapter in life. i dont expect to be on a board collecting shit or following it much. by then most of these bot designs will have run their course. any innovation that is left to be made will have been made already.

bots and collecting will be on another format by then trust me it is only inevitable. i picture digital files and self printing at the touch of a button personally. but who knows.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because people are butt hurt that they missed their opportunity to get it because they didn't read the full product details and there's a line in the terms of use that Hasbro CAN reuse the molds in the future IF they choose to

• Like Like x 9
  12. Superhans

Superhans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered almost immediately, canceled halfway through and ultimately ordered again, precisely because of this. TFTM is a big part of my life (sad as that may be) and I didn’t want to experience the FOMO.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    And people are bored because no one has anything better to do while stuck in isolation, I suspect. Same reason people worried that the thing was canceled altogether three weeks ago. It is impressive, going from canceled to getting a second production run.

• Like Like x 7
  14. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...does anyone know off the top of their head how tall the tiny galvatron and hot rod figurines stand?..i'm eyeing those new world's smallest transformers action figures and wondering if their scale may be compatible...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    I remember 20 years ago I said the exact same thing.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  16. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that soon after we start receiving our Unicrons Hasbro announces a standard release Titan figure of Primus.
    I literally own only one transformer and it's the G1 Omega Supreme. But this Haslab Unicron has got me back down the rabbit hole. Argh

• Like Like x 2
  17. lilcarus

well it sucks that you were just about 20yrs to early. but if you look at the digital world now we are almost there. once they make the next leap in colored printing everything will change.

but back to the topic at hand. who all is ready for the 3p teases for new hands and led eyes and what not for unicron...:buttrock 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Eh, I'd buy a set of hands but that will likely happen only after the figure gets released as no one but Hasbro should even know how big to make them right now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Very very small!

• Like Like x 8
  20. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure the Galvatron and Rodimus will be smaller, but I specifically bought a set of the World's Smallest to display with my Unicron.

• Like Like x 2