Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh such a small fraction of a percent then

• Like Like x 2
  2. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Kind of a nice feeling seeing updates having already paid for this And not having the pending invoice hanging over it

• Like Like x 4
  3. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Fair point, guess they figure HasTak are an easier target.

• Like Like x 1
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something tells me a KO of this would get killed off by Hasbro. They ignore the regular stuff because it barely effects sales, but KO’ing what was supposed to be a one time run? Yeah.... they probably wouldn’t ignore it like the rest.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whelp hopefully one of you guys will hit me up when you're ready to offload your second one.. And not crazy ebay markup please... Considering the cost of shipping is going to be a b... How much was the shipping for this guy from pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PernStar

PernStar Well-Known Member

Shipping in the U.S. was free, but my Canadian shipping was about $30 or so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still, this figure is very different from their other stuff and they already aimed a crosshair at the 3p unicron (thankfully didn't fire). I'd say its a risky move to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Am sure my eyes are deceiving me but he looks like he is $200 smaller than before.

• Like Like x 1
  9. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same size as before.

• Like Like x 2
  10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

i'm not so sure the zeta one under a different name has had no trouble now they have made their money i don't think they will care as much , i still think it was haslab being bombarded with emails from people that thought the zeta one would effect the haslab one from being made which prompted them to take a stab at zeta

i won't buy it if it does get ko'd tho because studio oz ( bot sculpter ) had been working on a planet mode which he still needed to work out how he is going to light the rings up , i don't think that one will be anytime soon but i think he will get around to it and i would much prefer a more detailed hand made version

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

I dunno, someone tried to do an OS KO of Utopia a while back, and it seemed like the project just fell apart. There also haven't been any KOs I'm aware of of Constructor or the Zeta Combiners, or the various Omega Supremes.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think there are even KOs for Metroplex, Fort Max, or Trypticon.

I get that Unicron, as an official project, is also a bigger target, but there may be practical limitations and logistics the KO companies have to deal with that just make some of the larger bots far less feasible than others (especially since the whole point is to sell them for significantly less than the original).

• Like Like x 3
  12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was someone who announced a modified KO of constructor, tho that also fell through.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

I wish the studio cell version was as tall as the haslab version. The more I look at the haslab version...something about the face/head looks too tall or narrow..just looks off a little bit. Also, I had forgotten how huge the ankles look and the massive backpack. Wings seem too big or too long as well. In this case, I think a parts former would have been perfectly acceptable to eliminate all the planet pieces hanging off of his back side.

All that said, I'd still buy this guy if I had the chance. I wasn't sold on the studio cell version either since he is so short and planet mode so inferior to the haslab version (looks like a toy where as haslab planet mode looks "real"). I also don't like how the studio cell version made his chest symmetrical whereas haslab nailed that detail.

I really want a unicron but like some others, I missed out on this. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I was all set to buy one as soon as they hit the aftermarket, but after studying the studio cell pictures more and other unicron reference images, I don't think either one REALLY screams "buy this now!" I guess it's like everything else, no one ever seems to get it exactly right so you take what is offered and live with the compromises. Now, if there was another option that had the clean bot mode of studio cell and the size (or taller) than haslab...that is what I would really want :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    the over over sized 28 inch tall mp10 would like a word with you that thing is big and heavy ;)  there is a chance this could happen because the 3rd party and ko companies now know people will buy figures that big it's a whole different market compared to 3 or 4 years ago if it wasn't haslab unicron would never have been considered .... yeah there is also the chance a ko may never happen but unlike metroplex fort max or trypticon they got discounted most places and were not that limited unlike unicron here :)  there will be companies seeing £$ signs because they know people who couldn't get on the haslab pre order in time or it was just too expensive for them will snap a cheaper version up , they could have it priced between $200 and $300 and it would sell well

but truthly even though i brought the subject up its neither here nor there at the moment because it's a little while until this is fully produced and released

"edit" and the 3rd party ones you mentioned it's quite rare that 3rd party gets ko'd there have been some but not many

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They made him slightly bigger it seems (by about 3 inches), but it could also be due to having a mold instead of 3D printing him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    With a figure this size there is no excuse for all of that fucking kibble. I foresee a $100-200 add-on kit to delete kibble in bot mode.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Hasbro has all their money from this already. They have nothing more to gain other than to try and protect scalper re-sale prices lol

18. nugun2

nugun2 Well-Known Member

how much was this thing 600 bucks LOL

19. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, something you were very aware of in September

• Like Like x 15
  20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The size actually NECESSITATES the kibble. You can't have a 20lb figure made of folded-up eggshell panels. It'd self-destruct under its own weight. One wrong move or twist and it would shear itself apart.

Unicron's core body is thick and solid, and the planet shell pieces are all at least a quarter of an inch thick to handle all the potential strain.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 6