Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

Didn’t they just made an announcement for a March release date a few weeks ago.

so ppl need to calm down

• Like Like x 1
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jojo1982

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The person who you quoted and made the image literally says he randomly chose that date.
    :throw 

• Like Like x 2
  5. jojo1982

smh well that sux

6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Well the date itself was arbitrary yes, but it’s still an educated guess with TT saying that they wanted to release first quarter of 2021. So it’s around there somewhere. Or it was supposed to be at least.

7. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Q1 next year - hugging my crowd-funded Unicron amid the Apocalypse ... how fitting indeed! :) 

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Not just TT. It was cited on the HasLab page itself. But there was always leeway, with them overtly stating it was an estimated date, and also targeting the quarter, rather than any specific month.

Now, the current worldwide situation likely delays things some. But accounting for the original vagueness, it's not like we'd really know the difference unless the release window starts slipping into the later half of the year instead of the beginning half.

9. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Ah right. I used TT incorrectly there. You’re right.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I guess it depends on whether you think the fact that some people will profit on this is really such a horrible thing, vs. the possibility that there wouldn't even BE extras available to purchase at this point at all.

Whatever you call it, if these folks hadn't ordered extras (whatever their motives), there wouldn't be as many toys to go around. That's what "made to order" means.

I'll put it another way. Let's assume folks didn't order extras. You want one now, but couldn't get one at the time (for whatever reason). Do you honestly think the price of a toy in that situation would be better than the price you'll have to pay as it stands? Thanks to more of the toy existing, the price, while inflated, would pretty much HAVE to be better than the price you'd pay if hardly any extras existed at all....

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    And every figure ordered during campaign, regardless of the intent, was one more closer to 8000 threshold.

• Like Like x 4
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I do have to ask, if people weren't willing or able to buy it for 500, why the hell they'd find it more appealing for 1000?

While I don't see anything wrong people making money I do find people doing it this way pretty damn scummy.

Just because it was always going to be jack artificially that doesn't make me okay with it. I said in an earlier comment "The only version of things where this wasn't done is the one where it never got made anyway".

Just because they made more Unicrons exist it really change anything practically. They're still motivated by resale profits, they're still the only people you can buy from and they're still artificially inflating the price to the point of lunacy.

13. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

Why are g1 toys worth so much? I have a 94 supra turbo worth 100k now. How come it wasnt worth 100k when i bought it 15 years ago? Only time can tell what something is worth on the 2nd market. All has to do with demand. There are people that did not get a chance to purchase unicron during the crowd fund. Those people have to pay 2nd hand pricing. Its the world we live in.

• Like Like x 1
  14. samisham

Stuff isn't valuable just because it's old. For it to be worth anything years later people need to have thought it's worth noting so it becomes rare and then a new market pops up looking for them in good condition. This is pure artificial inflation.

Also that's not an answer, I asked who that couldn't do it then for that price is going to do it now for double?

15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    You're just complaining about the free market at this point. So goes the saying "It takes money to make money". If it wasn't for Unicron, people would be finding other things to speculate on for resale value instead.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Donnie707

Just look at the sail barge. Thats a pretty close comparison. How much is that worth now?

17. samisham

So? There are all kinds of things that are common, but it doesn't make them not slimy. Also most of those things have at least been released?
    How many of them actually sell at that price though?

18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I fail to see how it's "slimey". It's opportunistic, yes, but there's zero negative affect to anybody just because some people bought extra for resale.

If you're one of the people who get stuck paying a marked-up price, then that's your choice to make. If extras weren't made available, then you wouldn't even have that option at all.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Donnie707

The barge is selling at DOUBLE the price! Who knows how much unicron will sell for. Just wait and see.

20. samisham

There's already listing for Unicron for almost double.