Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I understand what you're trying to say, the phrase "artificial supply" makes no damned sense. Supply either exists, or it doesn't. You can't fake it. Perhaps its more apt to say "inflated supply", for what you're trying to get at.

2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Again, so what?
    Whether or not the scarcity is as a result of the sellers or Hasbro isn't really relevant they're still taking advantage of it to make a profit with a ludicrous asking price. The end effect is identical.

3. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I'm saying is the speculators artificially boosted the supply - it's the opposite of scalping, especially as there was never an artificial scarcity created. Yes, they've taken advantage of a market situation, but their speculation will actually increase the number available on the secondary market, thus keeping prices lower than they may have been. It should be obvious that prices will be lower/competition greater if 100 Unicrons are on the market instead of 5.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I don't know if it is an artificial supply as I agree that a supply either exist or doesn't with this physical item but it could argued that it is an artificial demand certainly.

But, in this instance and has been often said, it's a welcomed demand as there was a minimum requirement to even get things made.

5. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was one of the guys who bought two. i actually just went for it because why not. if i am able to sell the second one later on to ease the hit of the first bot that is awesome. but if i dont so be it my life will go on as usual.

i do know that i wont be taking a loss on it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    Was there any chance this was going up for sale again? I know it was a Haslab but didn’t know if they would have a little extra when all said and done

• Like Like x 1
  7. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I meant ''artificial supply'' because there were more created for these speculations, as opposed to just what people ordered for themselves.

8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know for a fact that extras will be available when this gets released next year, though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are. In addition, during the crowdfunding period, the terms and conditions seemed to leave open the possibility that Haslab could produce more of these in the future. I'll have to dig around to see if I can find that information.

Edit: Here it is: Haslab Unicron

It's a vague bit of information. I don't know if they were simply referencing selling through vendors other than Pulse at the time of the original crowdfund, OR, if they might extend this to mean that they have the right to do another production run in the future.

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    There was a small surplus of Jabbas barge that hasbro put on ebay when that released, and the terms of haslab dictate that hasbro can reissue the figure if they choose, however Warden and other hasbro reps have said in interviews that this will be a one and done, so more production runs are unlikely anytime in the immediate future

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    And there are two likely reasons for the final number made:

Replacements for defect issues
    Producing 10,000 may cost essentially the same as producing 9,573

I agree though and don't expect a second order campaign to happen. Hasbro will likely hang onto the molds for a while but seems unlikely they will use them in the next decade if ever again. As for bootlegs, I'd expect a bootleg of the Zetacron first.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    The surplus was only made available to non-North American residences so if you lived in Canada and the US, you were SOL and had to have backed it to get it. I know because I tried to buy one of the surplus, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OrionPaximus

OrionPaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was hopeful hasbro would continue their behind the workbench booklet. It would be nice to have a behind the scenes history of Unicron and the design process in physical format.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

We know that some retailers ordered extra copies to sell after the deadline for the crowd funding, so there is a chance that some of them might have reserved part of the stock to be sold at release day. We can only wait and see...and, of course, expect a significant markup.
    Technically an Italian retailer is still listing Unicron available for preorder but the price is 900 euro and I don't know if they do international shipping.

Edit: correct typo

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  14. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Hmm, I'd be wary of Italian lust, I hear they're a passionate folk.

Well, then there's that. Still, Unicron's campaign did wind up different than the sail barge in regard to offered regions even it was through proxy. Who knows what will happen with any reserve stock Hasbro may have.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    True. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I'll admit that the uncertainty of the situation does allow for the possibility.

16. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Odds are likely we'll know more this time next year.

17. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give a few weeks and you'll be being quoted as having insider information on the 'true' backing figures, and shining a light on Hasbro fiddling the numbers...:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    That's exactly what someone jealous of his awesome inside sources would say! ;) 

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Gentlemen, please. We all know that the number 10,000 is quoted to me by sources I cannot reveal purely to create a false sense of reassurance and delay the panic that will happen when Hasbro finally lets it slip that this project was canceled and the funds redirected to support Hasbro's lawsuit against [Company the claims it isn't Zeta].

I still don't understand the importance of knowing how many are made. I am only concerned that they make two, that both are made correctly and they show up on my porch in 2021. If they are 2 of 2 or 2 of 10,000 is insignificant.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason, our primitive monkey brains are inherently attracted to "clubs". There's simultaneously a sense of belonging, while simultaneously engaging our innate superiority complexes - in other words, safety in numbers + "nya, nya, I got it and you don't". And then the production numbers just give us a vague sense of how smug we can be about it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.