Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Auto decline isn't set by default. It's one of those options you learn to set after being jerked around like immediate payment, local pickup, and blocked countries.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheCianinator

TheCianinator Well-Known Member

Looks like ebay cracked down on Unicron listings. I was looking forward to offering someone tree fiddy for it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. RKillian

News Credits:
    eBay's policy on preorders has been two-faced for a long time. US sellers are only allowed to offer out to the maximum handling time. That's 30 days...and suicide between regular (lol idunno how long it takes to manufacture "my" product) delays and the Walmart-BFF embargo. Chinese sellers, on the other hand, can do whatever they want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Is that really eBay policy (in regard to preorders) or are you being sarcastic?

5. RKillian

News Credits:
    It's unwritten policy. They're not subject to duplicate listing rules either. Or copyright/VERO claims. As of late 2017, they weren't even being charged commission fees to draw them from competing marketplaces (I'm on a phone, I can try to dig up where I read that later).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That's messed up... Especially since they have so many scammers on the site to boot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    no one said this forum is for adults there are actually quite a few younger members here too ( which i think we all forget sometimes )

• Like Like x 3
  8. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

great, so let's teach the younger members how to behave immaturely and earn themselves a fat ass. that's exactly what this world needs. mind you, i guess that's good for me and my practice!

• Like Like x 1
  9. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    But it's not actually true.

The only true aspect is that the buyer gets (or must wait out, depending on point of view) lots of extra time to dispute it. That huge delivery lead time can sometimes be 90 days total, whereas domestic is just 30 (with eBay).

What is "the Walmart-BFF embargo" referring to?

eBay isn't an all-knowing omnipotent being, nor are the employees. Sometimes it takes fans to educate eBay employees, and in turn they'll submit detailed reports to TPTB. It's fans watching out for fans, preventing scammers from making us easy prey. I've actually done quite a bit of this in the past, and will continue to do so when I see something that could victimize our community.

3P is unfortunately a loophole, as we all know the ETAs are BS. So official ETA can be 30 days out, but actual product release date is almost always 30-60 beyond that. It's easy to get taken by a 3P scam. And another reason to just avoid preorders altogether, on eBay, for 3P. That's where a lot of scammers are successful. Whereas something like Unicron is an easy takedown -- those sellers are either clueless to the policy, or it's a definite scam attempt.

As always, buyer beware. :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  10. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

very true about ebay. when i started collecting MPs, I bought an MP 2 which turned out to have been already opened and had a few paint chips. not as listed. Not happy. the whole fiasco with the return and refund took about 2 months.
    and especially with ebay - buyer beware. even people with 100 percent positive feedback can take a turn like i experienced.

11. RKillian

News Credits:
    Except it is. Try to report listings that violate published policy and see how many get taken down. I've had listings pulled for "this fits right in with MOTU figures" while the site overflows with "China versions" and even "knockoff" right in the title. eBay was also party to the negotiations that created the ePacket subsidy for Chinese sellers that John Donahoe declared the future of eBay. They've been feeding them info on hot items to counterfeit for years. Devin Wenig met with Chinese leaders all the time.

Did you know eBay also scrubs negative feedback for corporate partners? The recent episode I recall was Reebok running a sale and refusing to ship orders. You could watch the negatives drop if you sat there refreshing your browser. They did the same for TRU when they kept cancelling and relisting MP-10. They scrub feedback for high volume Chinese sellers too.

And the embargo is Hasbro withholding shipments and forbidding preorders on Walmart's behalf.

Just because you're not aware of these things doesn't mean they're not happening :) 

• Like Like x 8
  12. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Walmart embargo thing has actually become fairly well known.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Most of what you're written about eBay is half truths. Not false, just not entirely accurate. Since mods may deem the conversation off-topic, and delete it, no point in responding. Anybody that would like to discuss eBay more is free to PM me. Or start a new thread somewhere.

I'm not your average eBay user. ;) 

I'm still not sure what this is. I don't really follow Walmart news, nor even necessarily Transformers news.

14. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

I know takaratomy at wonderfest was reported by tfw a while back, but I'm not sure these pics were posted yet. Found them on neko magic website covering Wonder Festival 2019. I guess they are pics of the earlier prototypes. Disregard if they've been posted in the last 1000 pages of this thread, lol!
    wf2019s_a3128.jpg wf2019s_a3129.jpg wf2019s_a3130.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  15. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Those pictures look new to me! :) 

Interesting, the planet mode prototype appears to be the one we've seen posed next to Titans Return Fortress Maximus, in robot mode, with its smooth surfaces and utilitarian ring design.

The robot mode shown here, however, is detailed much closer to the painted prototypes showcased at the big US conventions.

Really good to see these pics!

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, we saw those pics before.

Hasbro didn't have enough time to ship TT the display model, between SDCC and Wonderfest, so TT only had the original grey mock-up and unpainted sample to show off.

17. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx TFW2005 Supporter

I'll order the acrylic box once we get closer to Unicron's ship date.

18. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

Curious to know what that will cost. Backup plan to my idea of hanging him from the ceiling.

19. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

You have balls my friend. It would be awesome but I would be worried about the plastic giving out. Are you thinking suspension or a clear shelf from the ceiling of some sort?

20. TheVENOM

TheVENOM Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but where can we find a display case (glass or acrylic?) to fit him in? Like the ones they use at the convention, I guess.