Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm just glad I did expedited shipping. I hate the post office around here. They treat packages like basketballs

• Like Like x 1
  2. fake

fake Return to Innocence

The joke's on hasbro because you have 30 days from today to cancel your order...just saying!! imagine 10000 cancellations...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Speculation time. Let's assume the 282% is a bug and keep the lower estimate of 11000+ backers as the total for the campaign. Given that the number reached around 8500 yesterday, let's assume Hasbro got 3000 orders from retailers. Hasbro added orders from affiliated retailers in two batches, 1500 before the first deadline and 1000 last week. Let's assume (you are going to see a lot of assumptions here) that similar proportions apply and Hasbro had 1800 orders from third parties before September. If I remember correctly, the counter was around 5500 by the end of August. Without the extension Hasbro would then had 7300 orders plus the final surge of backers. If the real numbers were similar to these, the crowdfund woukd have had good chances to succede with the original deadline, but I can see Hasbro doing the extension to eliminate every possibility of failure.

• Like Like x 6
  4. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:

I honestly don't see this one being easy to flip on the second hand market. I imagine most people who wanted one were fortunate enough to pre-order. The people I know who didn't want one, it was mostly due to price, so they wouldn't pay an after market increased price anyways. I image the amount of people who couldn't afford it at the time and still want one and be willing to pay a "late fee" will be a pretty small number.

• Like Like x 5
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    or they did the extension to increase profits because they saw how many people were saying they could afford it with an extension. i think it would have passed in the original timeframe, but everything over 8000 is exponentially more profit since that is outside of what they set as a goal

• Like Like x 4
  6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Next year is big recession time. The only ones who will profit will be people like moi. Desperate sellers are the best.

• Like Like x 3
  7. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Now I have no need to post daily number pics, I feel like I have a lost my purpose, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  8. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

I made one joke about canceling my orders to wait for the Fans Toys version and people start libeling me as a cheat and a fraud. Amazing. It's a common joke.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Red dragon 29

Red dragon 29 Well-Known Member

You should look at yourself before complaining

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rj1984

Rj1984 Member

Told my kid this morning it got its backers now hes excited. Had to tell him it comes out In a year the look on his face. By the time this thing does  come out it\'ll be probably  close to my 37th birthday. Unicorn present for me!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I call bullshit on them getting 22k+ preorders for this thing. I'm glad its gonna get made, but I can't see them selling that many - no way.

• Like Like x 5
  12. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    believe what you want, nobody will ever know the truth, but I call bullshit on people thinking hasbro would artificially inflate the numbers that much since the remaining 14,560 unicrons over 8000 would have to be accounted for

• Like Like x 4
  13. negative

negative Well-Known Member

When I tried to back last night, it seemed like I was charged immediately. (long story ahead)

I paid a chunk of $ online to my main CC on Friday in anticipation of backing Unicron on Sunday. To my chagrin, the payment read as "processed" on my account, but the corresponding credit was not available. I kept checking and checking and checking, but no dice.

Without that payment going through, I wouldn't have enough room on my CC for Unicron. I suspected it was not going through because it was the weekend. (which is infuriating - the damn CC company can't process payments on the weekend? In 2019?) I tried to back anyway thinking that the charge wouldn't happen until today, but nope. It was declined.

I had to use my business card. So now the $ I had been saving for Unicron went into one CC and I have a planet-sized bill on another.

Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  14. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We might find out when they start showing up at TJ Maxx or any other smaller discount store at a 1/3 or less of the original price :lol 

Right now I see the biggest danger of having over 8K made is it allows a 3P company or all of them to put one out since they have over a year to do it before this one sees the light of day. One is already to pop one out this year. I hope anyone that bought more than 2 is prepared for that.

• Like Like x 4
  15. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you do realize this isnt going to be a retail item right? itll never be in brick and mortar stores and any 3p unicron wont be a threat to this (unless it pops up in the next 30 days) because this unicron will already be paid for

• Like Like x 3
  16. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I love how the bickering is continuing even though the funding campaign is over. This thread is truly the gift that keeps on giving. I cant remember who said it and I dont want to scroll through to find them, but I agree that the secondary market for this thing wont be an easy sell. Like the other poster said, if $600 was too steep a price, anything more will definitely be a hard pass for someone. Dont get me wrong, I am sure some people might get lucky and sell one for a profit, but I dont think they will sell fast.

• Like Like x 12
  17. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was with you til you said the g1 bit, yeah I know it's the "money maker" but F@#$ g1, this and Jazz is the only thing Hastakomy can sell me on g1. I've loved everything TFs from g1 to Prime minus those weird live action movies, I HATE those. I'm over the focus of g1 and I'm fully ready to move on, prob a big reason I haven't bought anything from hasbro in a long time before this

You guys are sick if you think there won't be an aftermarket of high prices for this, regardless of final #s sold, there will always be 3 things, remorse buys and regret misses and availability. anyone that let's theirs go for under 1g is not doing themselves justice. The key is timing the first sellers (>30 days)and the later sellers (>1yr) will get the money. The only way this becomes a buyers market is if there are more than prob 1k available on ebay at any given time but their are people that missed this due to non disposable income at this time that will come into said income and say "$1300, well I was late to the party and it is a once in a lifetime figure.....F@#$ it!" Just my 2cents though

• Like Like x 5
  18. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Why would they have to be accounted for? Hasbro could just not make them.

Anyway I'm not saying for sure there's shenanigans on Hasbro's part. May be a glitch in terms of how second party orders came in. Or something else who knows.

Maybe it is just scalpers hoarding orders. In which case I think (like plenty of other folks have said) they are gonna be disappointed.

• Like Like x 3
  19. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    taxes and auditing. if the final tally is 281% funded then hasbro is publicly reporting a minimum of $12,972,000 in direct sales of unicron. if those unicrons dont get made then hasbro would be falsely reporting their financial information, in which case the government can get involved (not saying they will, but they can).

• Like Like x 2
  20. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

It's literally impossible to scalp a made to order item. That's not what scalping is.

• Like Like x 8