Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...your mother is a dear; cherish her...

• Like Like x 7
  2. kidlat2000

kidlat2000 Well-Known Member

So cool !!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I plan on getting some panel lining and maybe a wash on em. Other than that can’t imagine much I can do with em.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thunderhoof

Thunderhoof Decepticon Crime Boss

If they hadn\'t extended the waiting time this wouldn\'t have been a thing. Regardless, I am quite glad this is a thing now, even though I cannot afford it, I am just glad to see it is a thing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    I'm doing the same. It's not a crime to like both options. Or is it?...

:p 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Red dragon 29

Red dragon 29 Well-Known Member

Congrats on unicron
    Hitting 8000 than add 400 than strangely they hid the numbers seems maybe numbers were going backwards and hasbro doesn’t want everyone to know people back out? Well congrats again but no thanks I get zeta or third party deal

7. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Yep, knew that was coming. :p 

I thought about the time dimension, too. But realistically, I'm not going to redesign my collection displays that drastically in a year, nor do I necessarily want to. Maybe if I were moving to a new house or something, but that's not in the plans. Also as mentioned in earlier posts, many pages back in this thread, the weight consideration means it needs a special spot that won't collapse or bow furniture. For me, and probably many others, proper display will be an massive undertaking. I get the feeling that many backers don't realize size or weight yet. In 2 more years, I'm sure we'll see posts when Unicron destroyed itself from a fall.

A few here have bought with the idea of reselling if they don't like it (or just buying extras to resell, period), but $500+ items don't necessarily increase in value, and some actually decrease. I also think the aftermarket will be flooded for at least a year after release.

If you do opt for it, just plan accordingly. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My guess is all these third party companies will churn out Kranix, Arblus, Quintessons, Galvatron, etc... People will buy them up at three times the cost of a regular toy.
    Then comes the the third WFC toyline and it will be totally 1986 movie based because it is the 35th anniversary, and Hasbro will make all these toys at better prices and more G1 aesthetic, and people will throw all third party stuff up on ebay and lose a lot of money. ;) 

That's a dumb idea that the Animated writers made up, and Walky loved so much he decided it is canon now on his wiki. Same nonsense like his dumb insistence that WFC games and Prime are the same continuity, despite the myriad contradictions. Even Hasbro gave up on this Aligned stuff but he kept editing the wiki that way for years.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I assume the shipping box will be rather large, like the sail barge, to protect the figure, so I figure I just use the shipping box as a new coffee table and display Unicron on that.

• Like Like x 23
  10. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s the same situation for me as far as space goes. I’d need to get some new display furniture into my office and I really don’t see myself doing that. I need the space for other things.

I’m realizing that for me part of the urge to buy this is thinking of it as a rare opportunity and that passing it up now means I won’t have another chance. Of course, that’s not true. Like you said, some backers will likely be selling. Also, once the molds have been produced I imagine Hasbro will continue to make use of them. The original Fortress Maximus still gets reissued, and I would think Unicron has a chance of being reissued as well at some point.

This is something that I’ll need to pass on for now, due to both cost and space it’s not the right time for me to purchase one.

I’m really looking forward to seeing all the photos when people receive theirs though! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. edwardelric880

edwardelric880 Well-Known Member

That's actually a really good idea. The only caveat is whether the box will be able to withstand Unicron's weight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Ok so what will be the best option for installing an led light into the maw? Looking for something small and wireless.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking." TFW2005 Supporter

Hide it inside a hot dog.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They just get to take advantage of time zones. 7pm in UK is still early afternoon in New York and Rhode Island.

• Like Like x 1
  15. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I went back & forth for weeks. Slept on it, got up this morning & opened Omega Supreme. Looked at him and all the titans. Thought about Scorponok next year. I've got so many and honestly I'll bye fewer & fewer as time goes on. So it came down to me being OK with having all the Titans minus Unicron. I couldn't pass. Wanted too but that planet mode. Never ever thought I'd see the day. Good thing I've got 17 months to make room.

• Like Like x 7
  17. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I disagree. You DO need a giant Unicorn. We all need one.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    In toy collecting, regret usually comes from not pulling the trigger. While I don’t look at toys as an investment, I doubt you’d lose any money selling this thing when t actually comes out. Just sayin’.

• Like Like x 5
  19. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Magnificent. That will look phenomenal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jojo1982

jojo1982 Active Member

Is the Unicron 27.2 inches tall from feet and to the top of his head or is it his horns?

• Like Like x 1