Haslab Unicron Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by octobotimus, Oct 9, 2019.

?

Where are you going to be displaying him?

1. Lower solid shelf/table

97 vote(s)
    42.7%
  2. High above the collection

53 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. On the floor

32 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. Eh screw it, I'll just plop it down somewhere. If it falls, it falls

27 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Detolfs forever

18 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

ACD96D65-9966-444D-A2CE-3B996019A3A5.jpeg
    not sure why it will take 4 days when it’s already in Texas, too bad I can’t just drive and meet them

• Like Like x 2
  2. mjaszewski

mjaszewski Active Member

Just got my delivery!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  3. tholmes6

tholmes6 (Head) Master Stylist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was within the first 150 to back him and I haven't received a tracking number or anything.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG] Here's me with Fedex still Pending with no Package Receipt while all these other lovely's are getting theirs.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

I got mine on Saturday, and first off, I'm so happy they packed his box in another box. The design of the box is too cool too be ruined by scuffs and shipping tags.

I always thought I'd keep him in Bot mode, but after messing with him for a bit, I'm gonna keep him in planet mode. I have plenty of titan robots, but no perfectly round Transformers. With the rings installed, he's just really impressive to look at it!

• Like Like x 3
  6. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First impressions after receiving him yesterday...

Absolutely no regrets on the price. Maybe it's because he only cost me $35/month for the last year and a half, but it was easy to pay down and well worth the asking price IMO. The exclusivity definitely factors into my opinion, but the toy itself is very impressive. Whereas I felt MP44 was overpriced and overcomplicated, this thing somehow gives me the opposite impression. It feels as if they tried to make it as sturdy and intuitive as possible.

The paint looks better than I expected upon seeing the first factory images. The blue maw (which enraged me when we found out it was final) actually looks pretty good in person. Yes, I would've preferred paint (like the beautiful yellow ring around the maw), but I definitely think there would've been chipping. Considering how "playable" the maw is, I prefer something that will last longer.

Planet mode is just as stunning as I hoped it would be. It commands the room.

Transformation is crazy, but still somewhat straightforward. All of the panels need to come apart and fold away. The legs fold down, the arms come apart just like in the film.. small adjustments here and there, and you're done. I really do think it's a reasonable transformation, considering the amazingly round sphere planet mode and crazy huge robot mode. However, I highly recommend watching a transformation video to familiarize yourself with each section before attempting this on your own. The instructions are a good reference, but not nearly detailed enough. There are some major steps that are brushed over, or forgotten until the last page (stand installation in planet mode!!). PvP's videos are outstanding, and a necessary companion IMO. Some collectors are definitely going to break those shoulders... A very worrying section, and my least favorite part of this set. My recommendation is to take your time and really appreciate the complexity. It's crazy what they were able to do, and how solid the bot mode feels, despite the fact that the entirety of the planet shell is just hanging off of him! Also, changing him back to planet mode was easier than I thought it would be.

Yet, if you're looking for a toon-accurate Unicron, this ain't it. He's "greebly" to the max. The ring-to-planet ratio is wrong. There is quite a bit of toy-only kibble. None of these are negative issues for me, however. All of these decisions make sense, IMO, in order to fit in the WFC line, and also to allow this thing to work as a real-life toy. After all, this isn't a statue. You're supposed to handle it (and roughly, at times!). The plastic is very good quality, and dense. The joints are insane. Other than CW Devs, this is my first titan, but wow. It's diesel. My wife thought I was "cracking" it when she heard me clicking ratchets from the next room!

It's a really huge achievement by Hasbro, and I'm so glad to be a part of this experience.
    I can see why it's such a controversial release, and by no means is it "perfect". But I'm a proud owner, and I will likely never part with it.

IMG_20210322_110945.jpg

IMG_20210321_205017.jpg

IMG_20210321_173330.jpg

IMG_20210321_171526.jpg

IMG_20210321_212308.jpg

IMG_20210321_151302.jpg

IMG_20210321_160703.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  7. Phil Bond

Phil Bond Well-Known Member

I have a lot of Lego sets but only a few on display, and they include the ones on your top shelf, so between that and your Transformers selections I feel like I'm appreciating your taste when I say this:
    You're gonna want more titans. They are some of my favorite things. Even when the paint is underwhelming on the general-release Hasbro Metroplex, or the amount of reused tooling on Fort Max is disappointing, etc. They're fantastic. The crown jewels of my collection. Arranging the room around them is a struggle, but I'm glad to do it. Excited even.

• Like Like x 5
  8. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Should be here tomorrow and now need to make room for him. He'll look interesting next to the custom Titan Kremzeek @iDarkDesign made for us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

"Jude... I have .. summoned you here ...for a purpose...."

20210322_123926.jpg

"F*** you, I'm a cat. Leave me alone so I can nap. I want the box you came in."

• Like Like x 9
  10. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 5
  11. Tony Bourne

Tony Bourne Well-Known Member

No dude not yet! Not even a notification either. Just quietly waiting.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm curious as to when Bbts will be shipping out there unicron out so I can appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    They will most likely repack it in another box so the original does not sustain anymore damage. It will then sit for awhile as per is the new norm for BBTS. "Processing" usually means 3-5 days before it sits on the dock for 2-3 days before the shipper actually picks it up. If it goes out with the $4 dollar economy shipping Fedex will take another 7-14 days to deliver it depending on far away you are from Wisconisn. So in other words, not any time soon.

• Like Like x 3
  14. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Did the two tabs on the upper part slide into their slots on the way down?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Furyan

Furyan Furyanicon

News Credits:
    This bay boy is HUGE! So so glad I decided to get him maw color be dammed, this guy is AMAZING.

• Like Like x 1
  16. twohip2

twohip2 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Same here. Are these being fulfilled LIFO or what?!

• Like Like x 3
  17. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Mine made it to Hagerstown,MD today from Swatara, PA (a whopping 80 miles). It will most likely sit there overnight before going to Martinsburg, WV tomorrow where it will sit for 1-2 days (the norm from years of experience of packages going through there) before moving on the NoVA were it will take another 1-2 days before it is put on a truck for delivery. Once I have it in hand I am going to call Pulse and see what kind of compensation they are willing to give for their terrible decision to use Fedex. Probably nothing but it will at least give me context for airing some grievances about there shipping choices. If their is damage done to the box or the contents it will be between Pulse and Fedex to make it right.

I have already heard from one friend of mine that got his delivered and left on his porch today without getting a signature. It was sitting there wrapped up in shrink wrap with a red damage incurred label with his shipping address on it when he went to check the mail. It was heavily damaged; looks like a fork lift went through the box. He is not on the boards so there will be no post about it. I am waiting for pics; I will ask him if it is alright to post them. He has not opened it or and will not do anything more until he hears from Pulse on how they want to handle it; he did say it sounds like a puzzle box (lots of lose pieces) when he moves it. Guess I will find out from him if Hasbro has spares set aside for destroyed units from "Shipping Mishaps" on Fedex's part. A simple refund of purchase price will not be a remedy in this case. On the counter point a bunch more friends got there's intact and perfectly fine with pristine boxes or some tears, scraps, and rips. If my box is not in acceptable condition I will be asking Pulse for a replacement box; they chose to ship them in the pretty box so they can pony up a clean fresh one if needed. Most of the 3rd party sellers like TCP and the like are reboxing them. I keep most of my packaging for resale down the road when I move on from a figure.

Estimated delivery is now tomorrow. Fat chance of that happening.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Because of course I did.

20210322_125647.jpg

Testors saves the day yet again.

"Jude .... please move so I may transform. "

20210322_132406.jpg

"Give me your box first."

Okay, now for the 20lb weight training exercise of transformation!

Seriously, if you thought planet mode was heavy, when it's all folded up, and the robot mode is fully upright, it gets heavier.

20210322_165812.jpg

Installed the screw covers, and now to find a good parking place..

20210322_170800.jpg

He won't fit on the WFC shelf in its current condition.

• Like Like x 11
  19. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

Love it. Seriously. Love. It.

Unicron_Planet.jpg Unicron_Robot.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1