HasLab Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PikaManiac, Feb 17, 2018.

1. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Exactly !

The only problem is this method is restringed for USA and Canada, so the Europeans we can't participate :( 

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think their safest first proposal would be a Titans Return Snapdragon. If they could get 10,000 backers I could see the buy-in somewhere between $50 and $75.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mm.. nuh uh. I'd need Snapdragon and Apeface as a 2 pack for that kind of money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That's still the kind of thing they will do at retail though.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of G2 Defensor, Sixnight. .
    On the whole I don't actually think this is a very interesting idea for Hasbro or us anyway, because they can sell most of the things we want at retail.
    And they want to sell most of what we want at retail, because they know a toyline that has nothing but fanfavs cannot be held viable by colletors or children.
    But go trough the enormous back catalogue of our franchise and sprinkle that with new toys for the fanfavs every now and then and you got a toyline you can milk forever.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    But of course :lol 
    Why would they want to make money?

• Like Like x 1
  6. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Yeah, although they managed to fulfill the mission (even surpass the goal and the countdown haven't finished yet), some products need all the help to accomplish the goal (a Titan Class Broadside isn't something everyone want)

So I hope after this success they would allow others continents can participate in future projects, because I don't want neither the goal isn't fulfilled nor pay high prices on eBay

And, of course, Hasbro could earn more money

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think there are at least 5000 fans who would consider either of those characters essential enough to pay the buy-in, though. Snapdragon (and Scorponok) are about the highest-profile characters who are natural fits for Titans Return who got completely snubbed. Either would get plenty of support.

The problem with Scorponok is, some fans want him at Titan scale and some fans want him at Leader scale. So only half of the interested fans would support whichever scale HasLab chose. With Snapdragon, a Voyager-class figure is pretty much universally agreed upon.

And they aren't doing Snapdragon at retail. TR is over, the whole of POTP has been revealed, and I get the sense WFC will be abandoning the Headmaster gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    They said they will keep using both the TR and the CW gimmicks ocasionally I believe.
    They'd be fools not to after all. There are plenty of characters those gimmicks could and should be used for. Not even just G1 characters.
    Plus, while many collectors are fed up with their universal implementation many love both gimmicks and they have both proved very popular in general.

9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...aslab-with-its-biggest-star-wars-vehicle.aspx

If mods don't consider it news, feel free to close it. However, I think that it is important as this was the first attempt at funding for collectors a massive project that wouldn't be found in stores. With the success of the Star Wars RotJ sail barge, we very well may be seeing a Transformers project in a similar vein in the future. It was not done through Kickstarter, but directly through a new project called HasLabs.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A titan class unicron.

11. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

The funding was a success, but I won't call Haslab a success until people start reviewing the toy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Several things I'd love to have done, but I'm not sure how well they'd be received by the fandom.

1. Ark playset
    2. Nemesis playset
    3. "Titan" class Sky Lynx
    4. "Titan" class Tidal Wave
    5. Autobot city playset

Just like the Star Wars set has 3.75" figure compatibility, I'd want to have Legends compatibility with all of the above.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm stunned this not only got 5000 buyers, but over 8000. NEVER saw that coming. I saw it at barely at 3k with 10 days left and thought it was long, long climb to do that last 2000 and was doomed.

It's not that I dont think people would spend $500 on star wars (of course they would). It's that, as a first choice, if I were Hasbro, it wouldn't have been Jabba's sail barge. It would have been like Echo Base or something.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I want from Haslab is these with properly colored inner bots. These should have happened 30 years ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the playset ideas are interesting but the problem I’ve seen with 3rd Party playsets like this is that the headquarters end up as static display pieces with people’s figures turned around backwards to face monitors.

So having seen the result (and I used to want these as a kid until I saw the result)...

I’d instead go for one of the following as playsets:

Ark Cockpit (facing out at us). Maybe with dead Autobot figures.

Unicron Interior (ARISE, RODIMUS PRIME!). Options might also include Unicron Head with Primacron and Ghost Starscream. Or with a Hot Rod who transforms into Rodimus (significant changes, maybe sacrificing vehicle mode) and the Voyager retool of TR Galvatron everybody seemed to want (and that one 3P did at Leader Scale).

Quintesson Court. With Judge Quintesson, Allicons, and Sharkticons. Maybe an infinity mirror effect for the pit.

If they do the Ghost Starscream, I’d like it to use Voyager size with upscaled Classics SS engineering with better hands, ankle tilts, head tilt, and a way to hide the nose cone in back.

For that matter, a 6 seeker set of the above would be cool.

It would be kind of cool to use HasLab to get the engineering/scale/deco we want with sets of appropriate figures they’d usually pace our.

Ie. High quality deluxe Datsun brothers and Ratchet and Iron Hide Voyagers in a 5 pack.

Other thought: Missing 2-3 Fembots in Combiner form plus maybe a Paradron Medic and an Elita One without stickers in toon deco.

Or if you want to go kinda cool and very niche...

G1 Arcee, Alpha Trion, Elita One, Devcon, Windblade, and Drift figures with 80s engineering and diecast in G1 packaging.

• Like Like x 3
  16. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And while we’re at it: proper G1 Slash, Rook, Alpha Bravo, Offroad, Slashmark, Heatseeker, etc. in G1 packaging.

Unreleased G2 Dinostripe Grimlock and Black Death Starscream.

In general, the straight rereleases or funky colors from Platinum never excited me as much as new G1 style figures or unreleased decos would.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i totally agree. There is no way in hell i am spending 50-75 for ONE figure. If they made him a triple changing deluxe titan master, maybe 25-30. if they made him a triple changing voyager titan master, maybe 30-40 (and 40 would really be pushing it). Remember, this is a new method of making fan figures. We can't let it get out of hand like the GI Joe club did where they charge in the area of 30 bucks for one 3 3/4 inch figure. When I was a kid, WITH TAX a gi joe was 3.01 (i bought A LOT of GI Joes and the number always stuck in my head, also, I got 3 dollars as my allowance and many times through out the week, i would look for a penny in the street so I could get a GI Joe on "pay day") We have the power to make sure we aren't raped financially. Honestly, i'd rather pass on a 35 dollar deluxe than make it the practice for Hasbro to charge us 35 and up for one deluxe figure. Yes, I will pay more per figure if it is a well made, fully accessoried 5-6 member Combiner, but for Apeface or Snapdragon, as much as i would love them, i can't bring myself to spend an exorbitant amount for them.

i also came up with a few other things i'd love to see them do as lower level releases.......

Autobot Targetmaster I 3 pack (Crosshairs, Pointblank, Sureshot, all deluxe and all with targetmasters. Oh yeah, they have to all be new molds)
    Autobot Targetmaster II 2 pack (Voyager Dumptruck dude, sorry i can't remember his name, and Voyager Cement Truck dude, again, can't remember the name and I don't feel like looking it up, both new molds and both with targetmasters. I didn't include Scoop into it because CHUG Scoop is a good enough figure
    Autobot Powermaster 3 pack (Deluxe Getaway, Slapdash, Joyride, all with nebulans that form an engine, again, NEW MOLDS)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Now that is an idea I can support!
    That I would give hundreds of dollars for.

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Just checked the site and the project was backed with nearly 9000 orders. That's good in that Hasbro should be willing to continue the Haslab project, hopefully for other brands than just Star Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

Username checks out. I do hope they attempt a Transformers release but Transformers doesn't have nearly the mass appeal of Star Wars. He'res to hoping though!