Haslab RID 2001 Omega Prime Fanstream 30th January 2024

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Q Prime, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

You know when all that is laid out like that, RiD Magnus really can give Vegeta a run for his money...

• Like Like x 5
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup. Silverbolt has 'em too. But just because the waffles are there doesn't mean the plastic is cheap or that the whole thing is hollow. That's what we can't get through that guy's head (and the minds of those who agree with him).

Waffles might look bad, but unless the entire figure has those AND it's one of those $12.00 Titan toys, it's not CHPS. And again, in defense of those Titans, they're meant to be gateway/entry disposable playthings. They're not meant to last like CHUG does. I agree that those are awful, but they are the only things that might actually be CHPS and on purpose. No one in their right mind would use top-of-the-line materials for a toy that's going to be broken by a 4-year-old by tomorrow.

I do wish people would understand there's a substantial difference between those (and Authentics) and CHUG. Hell, even Cyber Battalion has better plastic than those $5, 10.00 things.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BethCyra

BethCyra Takara ye broke me heart :(

It’s one of the things that makes it so you love him.

If he actually hurt Prime constantly, or if he stole Prime body? He would be so easy to hate.

Thing is he enters the scene by Abducting the bros…to protect them…then he is going to prove to his Bro he is better…by being a suit of armor (Prime doesn’t really Transform in Omega Mode…he just gets a new bra, shoes and a hair do which Magnus was kind enough to color cordinate for Prime’s body, not his own) and finally ends of the franchise by Combining with its main villain instead of villain ending up dead.

Honestly if we didn’t see him kick Scourge and The Decepticons asses there would be an argument for him being a giant windbag and awful at fighting given how everything else he does goes against how he talks.

• Like Like x 6
  4. SofosXIII

SofosXIII @Nemesis_Slime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    hold gentle like hamburger

• Like Like x 7
  5. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Hilariously enough that means RiD Magnus completes Vegeta's arc in literally 1/10 of the time. Car Robots is 40 episodes. DBZ + Super is 400. Start with open hostility, incapacitate allies for their own protection, hate protag, become protag's bestie, merge with protag. Even if you limit it to Kai and only Vegeta's first fight to Kid Buu, that is still less than half of the time.

Welp guess that means there is yet another potential display piece. Brave is a thing as are DB statues but it never occurred to me before that these 2 things are narratively the same

Matrix_Blade.jpg SSGSS_Barrier.png

• Like Like x 7
  6. Ragnarok Flames

Ragnarok Flames NYEHHH!!

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    CHPS. does. not. exist.
    Can we not entertain inane fan theories

• Like Like x 15
  7. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Like with most things, the British are wrong.

upload_2024-2-20_23-35-57.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the new one will be a lot more stable in combined mode, but the old torso looks a lot nicer and cleaner to me. I like the old curves more than all the hard jagged edges on the new one. Really interesting that they were made by the same designer, when the aesthetic is quite different.

IMG_2368.png

Also, considering this thing will blow past all its goals with weeks to spare in the campaign... it would be pretty shameless and insulting if Hasbro doesn't add a third tier at this point. Give us some spychangers!

I fully expect this to reach 30k (if not closer to 40) before all is said & done. A campaign moving this quickly deserves more than a sword & a couple stands.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

stop asking for tiers that would be easy to do at retail, and thus become incredibly hard to get for those not backing

• Like Like x 9
  10. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

So, one thing that I think everyone is overlooking with this latest HasLab video is that Magnus has his energon Matrix, mostly conforming with his Car Robots depiction.

Now, I might be wrong on this, and I implore anyone to correct me if I am, but iirc in RID2001, Magnus powers up the Autobot Brothers with residual Matrix energies he picked up after merging with Fire Convoy. But in Car Robots, it's revealed that unbeknownst to him, he actually was bestowed one all along, however, it didn't activate until his natural heroism and care for his allies (including his bro) took face above his jealously and anger for his brother.

It might be cheesy, but I think it's actually done pretty well here.

One of my favorite things about this show is that it has genuinely one of the better Magnuses in the franchise.

And his arc wouldn't be believable if at all if his negative emotions were a one and done episode kind of deal, also:
    God Magnus can absolutely cash the checks his mouth and 'tude are writing, to such an extent that the Decepticons generally don't like dealing with him. You really gotta be a threat if fighting the leader of your faction is considered less frustrating and painful.

Great Autobot Warrior indeed!

• Like Like x 12
  11. BethCyra

You are correct.

In RiD he can channel the Matrix, like he can use it via WiFi but Prime has direct fiber connection.

Car Robots he has a matrix all his own, but was too proud and foolish to ever access it.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just looking for more bang for our bucks! Haslab Galactus, which is a good example of a pretty successful campaign that topped out around 30k, had 4 tiers including 3 complete extra figures.

Seems like the least Hasbro could do for this one would be to toss in a Car Robots/RID repaint of an existing mold or two, even if they don't make a lot of new tooling.

13. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

I've only seen Car Robots, so that's why that preamble is there.

Aside from post 9/11 censorship, I couldn't really get past the theme song.

I hear that the vocal performances are something else though, so would it be worth giving RID2001 another shot?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Beast_Megatron

Beast_Megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s difficult to tell how securely the robot mode’s pec windows lock into place. I sure hope they aren’t loose and floppy. The chest may be one aspect that was a bit nicer on the original toy.

15. BethCyra

It has some stand out performances.

Honestly? Magnus is a freaking stand out and captures his unique “charm” well lol. Prime at first bothered because it seemed he tried to do Peter Cullen, but he brings a real gentleness that shines when dealing with Magnus.

Overall it’s cheesy, but I think it’s worth it just to have a good English Magnus voice.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Yeah, and those were characters closely and primarily tied to Galactus, with the one people might particularly want without necessarily wanting Galactus (Silver Surfer) being essentially a repack of a previously-available figure of him.

In addition to the fact that there is no character so closely tied to this Optimus/Fire Convoy other than Magnus, who is already in the set, there's also the fact that for Transformers HasLabs, Hasbro does not so far make newly-tooled figures for tiers, and the only time they've done any newly-tooled figures outside the initially-advertised base package at all was Pipo and Boater, who were a) special add-ons after the campaign ended, to round out a set that had already been started with Holi and Fire (both redecos of existing molds) in the previous TF HasLab, and b) only Micromasters. If history is any indication, a repaint of an existing mold is the absolute most you can hope for, and even then it's pretty unlikely.

18. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Or,... Hasbro can offer bonus item(s) G1 Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Mirage or any of the Dinobots. That'll get the geewuners on board (or riled up) to inflate the backer count.

19. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

I mean, they could make a titan master T-AI like people have been suggesting, or even receo an existing Legacy figure into her or something.

That's really stupid, how about no.

• Like Like x 6
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13