Haslab RID 2001 Omega Prime Fanstream 30th January 2024

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Q Prime, Jan 24, 2024.

1. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Everything and anything can be a clue. Maybe they mean nothing. Maybe they’re deliberate hints. It’s fun to speculate and wonder and discuss Imo. If it ends up being something totally out of left field that no one predicted though that’s still cool.

• Like Like x 6
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Fair enough, I just mostly meant he’d have been very doable. I do think he was a more reasonable choice for Haslab though so I’m glad they gave him the boost in quality for those that got him.

Now an Optimus prime and Magnus that could easily work and sell at retail, that I question.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Any character is a have-to-have for fans of whatever series they're from. Unicron Trilogy fan? Energon Omega Supreme is have-to-have. G1 fan? Metroplex is have-to-have. Fan of Animated? Omega Supreme again is have-to-have. If you're not a fan though, that's when they become nice-to-have instead. For me, Victory Saber and Deathsaurus were have-to-haves. Primus would be a nice-to-have for me if he were some G1 design like Seed is. The Cybertron design would make him a have-to-have for me. Omega Prime would be a have-to-have for me, but I know others may see him as an easy pass.

• Like Like x 3
  4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You and I have the same train of thought here.

5. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Why are peeps guessing Primus?
    HasLabs are suppose to be unique molds. Primus would be too close to Unicron. Who needs a pair of testicles in their display?

• Like Like x 2
  6. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Yeah no I’m with you 100%. Both Optimus and Magnus could be leaders, with Megs at commander imo. At worst both Optimus and Megs need commander slots.

But if it is a good HasLab I suppose I have no choice really. It’s either back it or pay an exorbitant amount for an original or aftermarket HasLab lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

It will never happen but I dream of having a Titan scale Underbase Starscream.

• Like Like x 3
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I mean if we use the Cybertron design, they aren’t the same at all. Primus has a royal crown, massive shoulder pads, a giant halo on his back made from Cybertron’s towers and planetary chunks, large missile launchers on his shins, and planet destroying guns over his shoulders and arms. It’s a very different look.
    IMG_2854.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  9. linkinparkirony

linkinparkirony #1 NFT Hater

News Credits:
    I feel like after the success of VS and DZ, they'll try to keep this one in the $200-300 range. But idk.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed for Titan-scale Pablo. I believe.

• Like Like x 6
  11. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know they’ve said it won’t be Victory, but I’m going to pretend it will be Liokaiser until reality dashes that dream. An off the wall pick would be Thunderwing. Yes, I know I’ll be disappointed.

I get not wanting to go back to the Victory well one time too many, but if you know Victory, you probably are not a casual fan, probably older, and probably have some disposable income. That’s a perfect demographic for the Haslab model.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  12. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Hot sauce addict

Really hoping it's not rid prime. That is a character design that I absolutely adore, and haslabs are way out of my pay grade. It being rid Optimus would eliminate almost any chance of me ever owning the thing.

• Like Like x 7
  13. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The downside of Omega Prime, for me, is that the RiD Fire Convoy I'd want is the banana yellow Sam's Club version.

• Like Like x 8
  14. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Omega refers to The Omega Man. The Family are albino looking. Perhaps a white Prime. Another theory is Charlton Heston, who plays the main character, is gun happy IRL. Perhaps a 40th Anniversary G1 Megatron. Something the main line refuses to release.

Sure. Still transforms into a testicle though. That's the crux of my point.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Well-Known Member

Yeah, RID has nothing thematically to do with the 40th, but the circumstances have seemingly pointed their finger in that direction. The key words in the deleted tweets, last year's RID focus in the fan vote, the apparent redaction of the 'No Optimuses' rule. If it's coincidence or not, we'll know in a week. I've got my fingers crossed but I'm not making any bets. Being reminded of the "Omega Key" from Cybertron has really helped me cool my jets on the Fire Convoy hype.

As for the Unicron Size thing, I feel like that's gotta do with complexity. Galactus is huge, but he also doesn't need to go from an unhindered humanoid to a perfect sphere. Unicron was a *lot* of moving parts- literally. Galactus just needs some above average action figure articulation and is otherwise a few big slabs of plastic. Primus on the other hand can be a lot simpler. His design is way less iconic and not as consistent across continuities so they have a lot of freedom to do what they like with it, and his most iconic and toyetic appearance from Cybertron was designed around being a toy first, unlike Unicron's movie debut. A Primus at the same scale as HasLab Unicron can easily reduce costs by not being a nightmare of panels trying to make a screen-accurate design work and letting design take liberties to iron out engineering.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dome Zero

Dome Zero Kup and Hot Rod just bought it!

Other strikes against Omega Prime:
    • The murky rights situation surrounding the RiD cartoon means no use of episodes on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel to help promote him.
    • HasLab status restricts use of the mold for repaints. No RiD Nemesis Prime, no Sam's Club Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the only thing murky about the rights is the dub.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Explosion_Rex

Explosion_Rex Well-Known Member

So many people think it's Primus for some reason..... Hasbro generally wants Haslabs funded so it's not gonna be Primus. You're all crazy.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Dome Zero

Dome Zero Kup and Hot Rod just bought it!

Seems important.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God Fire Convoy, and Car Robots 2000 does have a bit of significance in the franchise history. It's really what jumpstarted its identity as a "legacy" brand, making sure that Optimus Prime is the ever-present "face" of the franchise, etc. It showed Hasbro just how recognizable the G1 characters were, after previous years spent in constant reinvention stages.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 11