Haslab RID 2001 Omega Prime Fanstream 30th January 2024

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Q Prime, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Do we have pictures of the 2 tiers?

2. Wheeljack 84

Wheeljack 84 Certified Idiot

They'd probably have to do Prime and Magnus at commander scale. If so, then the combination would have to cross toy lines, as commanders, which would throw off the consistency of the figures and the combination. Yeah, they could pull a Breakdown, but that would mean no commander under the name of the next toyline.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Is there a way to tell officially which number backer you were? It was at 31 backers when I clicked on add to cart and then like 105 when I was completed.

4. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sell the old one for $250?

• Like Like x 1
  5. RandyCain

RandyCain Self proclaimed Soy-Chugging SJW Feminist

Tumblr:
    The team said Victory was taking a break from haslab so this was an inevitability really

• Like Like x 9
  6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Hrm. Torn.

I do have RID Optimus, and honestly I think I like it better than this. That said, I don't have Magnus and I've heard Omega Prime is kinda a pain in the ass. So in a way, I am absolutely the perfect target for this. I get my Omega Prime and I still can have my original Optimus that I like better.

Magnus looks better than the original. Bluebolts looks amazing and I love the idea.

I have to say I do not care for... any of the headsculpts. Prime, Magnus, or especially Omega Prime.

I dunno. I'm on the fence. Which is a shock since, this should be an easy sell for me. I backed Deathsaurus and loved it. This perfectly fills a niche in my collection. So why am I not excited?!?

• Like Like x 1
  7. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On another note, holy hell. I can’t believe marketing is waiting till March for more Legacy reveals. I think that marks the longest gap for mainline product reveals in a minute.

• Like Like x 20
  8. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    They don't charge until the end of the campaign, just back now to get the numbers up. If it doesn't fund, you don't get charged anyway

• Like Like x 3
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay now that my initial hype is dying down, I have more articulated thoughts:

I can’t wait for this guy. The OG Omega Prime is badass but is a bit overburdened with all that weight on Prime’s tony frame. The fact that this was the first thing they addressed pleases me.

Secondly, I have to say Deathsaurus is the main reason I backed this. Deathy was so good and felt so smooth in hand that imagining that quality and fit/finish here is amazing.

Also the fact that it’s so accurate to the original is great. They improved what was lacking and didn’t fix what wasn’t broken. The handshake is still there! The alt modes are exactly the same! It’s the old toy but better in every way. No rubber tires that will break, too. They even slimmed down the chest piece now that it doesn’t use Magnus’ thighs.

Omega Prime was a huge part of my childhood. I adored that figure, and got both Optimus and Magnus for Christmas. It’s so cool to have him back. Can’t frickin wait.

• Like Like x 26
  10. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Six weeks to convince myself that $250 is a reasonable price to pay for characters I have no emotional connection with because I never saw the show.

(*HasLab Victory Saber and Deathsaurus judgmentally stare at him*)

Hey, that's because I met you guys in IDW, thought you looked cool, and thought the IDW Star Saber was a disgrace to the original character!

• Like Like x 10
  11. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks Awesome.

The original Fire Convoy is a great toy and this one honestly looks even better. Making it bigger, more proportionate and more sturdy especially looks to take it from an A to an A+.

Ultra Magnus is a less great toy and this definitely seems to improve on that figures flaws. I'd really like to see how Bluebolt can fill in the gaps in Magnus that Evan mentioned cause that would be very nice.

Omega Prime looks much better, more sturdy, the original was a floppy mess.

Bluebolt himself looks awesome. Great design that improves on Magnus's big semi-awkward weapon by giving us a new character. Very cool.

And $250 seems like a great price for this to me. Love it.

-ZacWilliam, i'm kinda sold

12. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

It's absolutely gorgeous. But for $250 I'd at least want all of the digits on the super-mode hands to not be fused together. Could easily be fixed with 3d printing or an upgrade kit. On the fence with this one, but it does look really gorgeous.

13. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The main thing that disappoints me about this is that this kills any chance of the Universe decos.

I really wanted a new RID Optimus in yellow.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Crescent

Crescent Well-Known Member

OKAY

Not to be picky, but not only was the "No Optimus Prime in Haslab" not an actual rule, RID 2001 established a lot of game changers back in the day.

FIRST SERIES TO:

Be set in a different continuity from G1 (BW and BM were continuations)
    Have alternate interpretations of characters (Prowl, Ultra Magnus, Scourge), a HUGE impact for all future Transformers media
    To have Optimus Prime have a Super Mode (powermaster Prime may count as a Super Mode, but was never in a show, and Ginrai is a gray area in terms of Prime Super Modes)
    To have Optimus Prime combine with another character (a standard for quite a few shows)
    To return to vehicular Transformers on Earth (not Cybertronian vehicles in BM)
    To introduce A BLACK OPTIMUS PRIME REPAINT as a major character in the show (Copy Convoy gets the honor of the first but was unfortunately only in a singular episode).
    To introduce a version of Optimus turning into a Fire Truck (utilized on several occasions since)
    To introduce Super Mode repaints (admittedly not as much of a staple since the Unicron Trilogy but still relatively significant)
    To introduce multiple original combiners and new take on a G1 Titan
    Minor, but the Space Bridge being an actual bridge instead of a Teleportation Device

And to boot, Sky-Byte is in the Hall of Fame. Which I feel counts for something.

• Like Like x 19
  15. bambinoprime

bambinoprime Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Thinking maybe I'll buy him, and resell him to repay myself for my HasLab Proton pack

16. WatermelonSpectacles1

WatermelonSpectacles1 Average Beast Wars Megatron Enjoyer

News Credits:
    They would not have been commander class. Inner bot Opimus is a voyager: only about a head to a head and shoulders taller than the autobot brothers. His super mode and Magnus are both only about leader height.

17. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they say that on the stream? Sorry I was in a work meeting so I had to keep muting the stream

18. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I feel so vindicated

• Like Like x 11
  19. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

Two commanders (2×90=180) plus a deluxe (25) puts it at 205. That extra 45 or so (to make 250) is paint and parts. It's worth it. I'm in once I get paid.

• Like Like x 11
  20. TotalMackerel

TotalMackerel Well-Known Member

Damn - Was really hoping for something I would skip, but this is too beautiful.

• Like Like x 7