Haslab Deathsaurus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Purple Heart, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Fun fact: Boater\'s Seiyuu(voice actor) is Aya Hisakawa.  She\'s known for voicing many anime characters such as Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon and Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura.  In fact, Boater is one of her first roles as a seiyuu.  Good to know this chracter is acknowleged.  I hope she knows about this.  

• Like Like x 7
  2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Are you reading the same posts I am? Because here are two on the same page as my comment:

Much of the argument goes "they would've been expensive, so I didn't want them anyway." That's a completely different argument than "I don't want them because they'd be expensive."

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    sounds like some folks are anti-antis

• Like Like x 8
  4. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

Hahah. So the voice actress for Boater would go on to voice the Sailor Scout associated with water? How fitting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Chalk it up to my entire professional life (over 20 years now) being spent in academia (I'm not a professor, but I make professors' lives more bearable. I do have a Masters degree, but that's neither here nor there), and having seen my entire world dismissed as "elitism" by folks who seem to glorify ignorance and to vilify actually knowing what one is talking about. I get a bit salty whenever I see that attitude taken.

• Like Like x 8
  6. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    sorta looking like a green and yellow vortex i'd imagine

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Electronics didn't cause Ghost Rider to fail...being the least popular Ghost Rider (seriously, he can only hold his own sales wise as part of a team)

It's like if DC tried to do a $350 set based around Guy Gardner...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's that and it's having to ensure wired, batteries, etc, don't get all twisted and broken up during transformation or articulation.

Think the original Armada Prime's shoulder with the light up hand

9. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean I think it depends. I have 15yrs or so in academia and have seen plenty of folks talk about things outside their area or expertise but yet fully expect to be taken seriously even when I know they are wrong. My experience is that just because someone is highly trained and knowledgeable about X doesn’t mean their words should be taken as gospel when they talk about Y. But sometimes they insist upon it.

And of course the problem is amplified by the fact that on the internet anyone can claim to be an expert on anything.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

for some reason this discussion makes me think of Mystery Men. Btw, how’s that final wrap up graph going?
    upload_2022-12-14_12-17-7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    Electronics absolutely played a massive part because it caused the set to be much more expensive than it would have been without them. The biggest issue I saw people complaining about with that set was the fact that it was 350$, not that it was Robbie Reyes. Not many people could justify shelling out that much cash for a model car, especially since it cost nearly the same as Galactus.

12. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Holi and Fire's US counterparts, Stakeout & Red Heat, came out in Siege.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  13. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    I get it. Some certainly are more reliable than others and those, by the nature of my rant, wouldn’t be the ones mentioned. It’s the ones who have an answer for every question yet fail the exams and still act like valedictorians who get me. We shouldn’t revel in ignorance, but nor should we celebrate pseudo intellectuals.

If those who are constantly wrong are the gate keepers of the conversation, of what value is that conversation? I’m not advocating they be silenced, simply pointing out that perhaps they shouldn’t be so quick to silence others when their own record is far less than sterling.

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Nothing stops them from doing a 4-pack with them included.

Electronics weren't the *only* reason for its failure.

15. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for doing this. I was immediately calculating if I could make some sort of desert/dessert joke vs. the number of pages behind I was, and then I scrolled down to the very next post and saw yours. Most excellent!

I think a lot of people are grossly overestimating just what simple LED's cost. They're incredibly cheap and simple. Obviously a bit more involved in a transforming vehicle/robot, but for these other projects it's not adding much cost.

That said, I've never been a fan of those launching over-size rockets (more a criticism of GI Joe, when they did this) and voice box electronics, especially as a kid. So yeah, I'm definitely anti those things.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, but the impression I have is they sold poorly, so they may not be eager to release a 4 pack that includes 2 figures they couldn't sell last time before the price hike.

• Like Like x 2
  17. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    While I'm inclined to agree, there's definitely an appeal to getting the whole team that was wholly absent from getting only half a team, with no indication that the other half would ever be made....

(Seriously, I remain dumbfounded that Hasbro apparently thought that only ever doing two members of classically four-member teams was a good idea. Kids wouldn't know the difference, sure, but we adults are an increasingly important part of their sales demographic. If it weren't so, Hasbro would have been better off creating entirely new Micromaster characters.)

• Like Like x 5
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That is specifically why I avoided them. Not saying that's why they failed, but it's why I never bothered.

The fact that they often had simpler transformations and where in general less fun than the originals didn't help either. I hated how they did the one half of the Hot Rod Patrol.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I dunno man....I just feel like it had a lot going against it even without the electronics. Personally I know a lot of people who passed, but would have been all over a Carter Slade with Banshee and light up effects...maybe with Reyes by hinself as one of the add on tiers.

• Like Like x 2
  20. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    How would you feel about a box set (the old 10packs?) of the missing micromasters?

• Like Like x 5