Haslab Deathsaurus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Purple Heart, Oct 27, 2022.

1. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

That's why it would be a Haslab and not a retail release.

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    There's less incentive for Grandus if Star Convoy isn't a part of the conversation. And with the "no Optimus Primes" in play for Haslab, I'd just as soon see Titan Star Convoy and Commander Grandus with leader Sky Garry in a given year. The issue would be that Hasbro would have to reinvest in Micromasters and those were considered a bust.

3. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

Victory is "most likely not" the next Haslab. SO THERE'S A CHANCE!

I mean... he looks like he could be a Generations Select retool of the Ark.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    My god, man, this is almost comical. You got everything completely backwards. Victory Saber and Desthsaurus are the very definition of that which you say Animated is: high-risk, high cost with zero product and zero supporting media. It’s even worse since neither character has appeared in the West in any meaningful capacity, whatsoever, toy or otherwise. The entire reason why they are in Haslab was to gauge collector interest in characters most outside of Japan are likely very unfamiliar with.

You buzz off as well. Unless I need to repeat myself that Animated consistently ranks in the top of most well-loved Transformers shows.

5. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I suppose. But I think the idea is to sell Haslabs, not sink them. Animated Omega Supreme just feels like the iffiest of ifs, where you have no other figures in modern Transformers to compliment the release.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only reason the micromaster revamp did so poorly is because they were done so poorly. If Hasbro actually made them as they were intended to be (a micromachines contender), I think they would sell better. As it is, they were a Siege afterthought.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Primus/Cybertron does seem to fit best the concept of a figure that would celebrate 40 years of the franchise, yet would be too expensive for retail.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not necessarily true. Both have been featured in IDW comics and are inherently "G1", which is the focus of much of the current design. In other words, both slide into a collection with ease.

Animated, on the other hand, does not. It's a decade-and-a-half abandoned design for Transformers that, while there's a segment of the fandom that loves Animated, isn't really being sought or pined after by the larger fandom. That pretty much resides with the G1/Beast Wars/Baymovie triumvirate.

I mean, they can try it. But the risk of failure on a Haslab would probably be at its greatest with Animated.

EDIT: It might be a good idea IF Generations pivoted eventually toward Animated for awhile. until then, not a good idea, I think

• Like Like x 1
  9. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Yet they were center stage in Earthrise and still sold horribly. Not Hasbro’s fault they didn’t sell, most people just didn’t want them.

10. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw HGFDJUYIYFTDRGYUIYGFTDX

News Credits:
    excuse me but many, many fans still give a huge fuck about animated. I give a huge fuck about animated. It’s my all time favorite tf series

• Like Like x 6
  11. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

I for one am glad he clarified his remarks about victory and haslab projects.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vacuumized metal… isn’t that what Transmetals used to get their shiny bits? Sure, it looks good now but is anyone else suddenly really worried about this thing flaking in a few years?

• Like Like x 3
  13. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, many fans within this echo chamber...

Like I said, if Hasbro pivoted to cater to Animated fans in Generations, there might be case to be made as there'd be fresh figures to display with him. Otherwise, I could see it going down the Ghost Rider road...

• Like Like x 3
  14. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Kindly buzz off and quit raining on our parade? No need to single us out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Animated's coming in Legacy, so unless say the next HasLab is Tidal Wave or something I'd say like UT it will be a minute till Animated appears in HasLab.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:

10:30
    (Marketing)BEN:"We're also looking at the entire 40-year history of the Transformers. And no I can promise you it's not Megatron's gun."
    (Designer)EVAN:"But at the same time this seems like a great moment for fans to comment and let us know what they think it should be."
    (Marketing)BEN:"We read all of the stuff..."
    (Designer)EVAN:"To our detriment we read all of the stuff."
    (Marketing)BEN:"...800 plus pages deep"

Hah! More proof that Hasbro listens to all of our feedback and not just the gate keepers and Hasbro cult kiss @sses who try to shut up any honest opinions that they don't agree with...

So shout out to Evan and Ben for lobbying for our request when Hasbro's upper management is dragging their feet on long requested TF characters.

• Like Like x 8
  17. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Maybe, but that would have to be a pretty extensive retool for Selects. It's possible I guess.

We're getting Prowl this year, if nothing else. And idk, I don't have any evidence to back up the idea that it'll be Animated Omega Supreme, just a gut feeling. If we're going off of what's most likely to genuinely happen, it would probably be Primus, since Unicron set that precedent already.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Hey, how about HasLab Tidal Wave?
    You mean, besides Animated fans? Geez...how insular can one get.

Remember when people asked "who cares about Victory outside Japan?" and then back-to-back HasLab Victory themed projects were fully funded?

Oh yeah, this seems like a great attitude to get Hasbro's attention. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw HGFDJUYIYFTDRGYUIYGFTDX

News Credits:
    we’re getting a prowl and a lockdown next year, so buzz off. i’ve seen reviewers say they want animated, and others as well. if you feel inclined to shit on our parade go to a thread that’s anti-animated

• Like Like x 3
  20. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm sorry you're taking this personally. Just looking at it from a "company logic" point of view.

My favored idea is still a plastic STAR headquarters with the 3 Omnibots with core class Powerdashers as tiers. The original mail-aways had a cardboard playset but Haslab could do a nice plastic one. This would further complete the 1984-86 cast, as well. Toss in all the STAR extras bits and you have the makings of a nice, affordable Haslab that wouldn't exist at retail.

But, I know some fans wouldn't like the idea. Some would see it as Hasbro extortion to put 1984-1986 characters behind a Haslab wall and others would balk at a playset. But I don't take it personally. It's my windmill. Animated Omega Supreme is most likely yours.

• Like Like x 1