Haslab Deathsaurus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Purple Heart, Oct 27, 2022.

1. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    No it has been said by leakers with insider info and by Hasbro representatives that the reason Unicron was extended was because Hasbro was having trouble coordinating with international affiliates in coordinating their orders. Hasbro didn't want it to look like they were fluffing the backers since it would look bad that a few days after the project ended it all of a sudden got a few thousand additional orders to push it past its goal. Then once it was extended the international affiliates decided to delay their orders to see if they could get even more which is why they weren't added until towards the end of the extension. Since this was the first time Hasbro was selling a HasLab through affiliates and not just Pulse there were a lot of hiccups along the way.

• Like Like x 9
  2. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    I have kinda taken a 180 on this. Was backing 3 of them but now idk. I feel like that tbh a 3rd party option could be better. I did own the px ismenios and was satisfied with it, and the size was pretty close to the saber. I mean it’s still early in this toys campaign, but something about it just makes me kinda not want it and I know I’m in the minority. But just some thoughts. My biggest thing is the tail. Wish it was more articulate as I mean again the px one was awesome, wish I would just have kept the whole set. Ik ppl don’t compare 3p and hasbro but hasbro’s price point seems to really lean towards 3p having other options and idk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  3. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

If you don't want it, don't buy it. But if you're on the fence, you're probably better off just backing one and selling it if you hate it once you get it.

If you're getting Haslabs Victory Saber, this is the one that'll scale best in robot mode. If you like a different alt mode better, get one of those to put in alt mode.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you’re back to where you are now? Lol since you took a 360

• Like Like x 14
  5. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Idfk anymore lol. Little things bother me about this, like the arms on heart mode are so small, the hollow look to the wings.

6. SGMan

SGMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure they meant the part where you said 360 instead of 180. 360 means you wanted it, didn’t want it, but want it again…. Unless you meant you originally didn’t want it and are now back to not wanting it again

• Like Like x 6
  7. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

Everything looks worse in flat grey. Painted prototypes will help.

But remember - this is a main line Legacy figure. There will be hollow parts, Victory Saber has a bunch of reminders it's not a MP. A MP version of this guy would cost significantly more.

The hollow stuff bugs me too, which is why the two haslabs are my only mainline figures to go with my MPs. But I'd rather have the two Haslabs than a lone MP24 or a bunch of third party stuff.

• Like Like x 5
  8. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    HAHa sorry need to edit my post I haven’t slept good in a while I been working my ass of

9. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Right but honestly I wish this could have just seen a commander class release and the 2 micromasters having diffrent releases under core class. or possibly another way.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Probably the best bet. This is a very limited release, so it's definitely not going to go down in value once it's out.

• Like Like x 7
  11. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

By the time they come out, what would you have saved... $50? For what would likely be an inferior figure and tracking down 3 separate things to get it. Who knows, maybe this will hit 20k and get a third tier and you'll get another small figure to make this worthwhile.

Personally I don't mind the Haslabs doing the all in one box. I can back this and Victory Saber and have everything in the two packages, not worrying about chasing down individual figures or being disappointed in lacking accessories. The stands are awesome accessories for these figures to improve shelf presence.

• Like Like x 7
  12. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone

Hollow is here to stay, indefinitely, for CHUG releases. The complaints are valid, but cliched at this point. If cost-saving hollow limbs are a deal breaker, retire your purchasing of CHUG. Go 3rd party or MP. And in rare cases, gap filling add-ons for CHUG.

We already have repetitive posts lamenting the pricing. Hasbro isn't budging on their demanded margins. So to meet the price threshold, they reduce material volume (gaps/3-sided limbs).

No amount of criticism of the practice will change it because Hasbro won't budge on their pricing. They'll cancel a product line before they take a hit on margins to meet consumer nitpicking.

• Like Like x 10
  13. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    My whole issue with these is just the fact that it’s either you buy it now or never, and never see this release again in like years. It’s just artificial scarcity to me. they could easily make this work somehow yes it’s convenient in the box with all of its stuff. but at the same time to buy a figure for 180$ and then to get it and be disappointed with it after a year later. Yea u can sell it but what if the market just dies for it because it ends up being so bad. I mean yes u know what ur getting going into it right? But it’s kinda like the recent crankcase. most people seemed to hate it , then they got it and enjoyed it somewhat. idk if my point is valid probably not. just trying to say it as I see it and get others thoughts

14. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

While I'm not surprised that many collectors don't understand this, it's still irritating to see endlessly posted. For a while, they fought inflation by reducing the materials and stuff. Then price increases. And at the same time, figures are getting more complex to improve both modes compared to stuff in years past. Complexity costs money.

People need to remember these are $25 figures in the toy aisle at Target and Walmart. The MP stuff and third party stuff exists for collectors that want more from their figures. I understand it's not affordable for everyone, but as the adage goes, you get what you pay for. Accept the current reality of figures or buy nicer figures but fewer of them.

• Like Like x 7
  15. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    The whole increase of their prices on figs lately are because they want to increase their profit as a whole company within a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. If Hasbro thought they could sell TONS of MP figures on the shelves of big box stores, they would do it. But most folks don't want to pay that much money for that level of quality. So what's the alternative? Hollowness and lower prices (compared to MP and 3P).

It's not to say that criticism for Hasbro's cost cutting isn't valid but it's also odd when fans proclaim "I dislike hollow limbs, now let me show you my non-existent MP collection!"

• Like Like x 6
  17. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

I think this is the opposite of artificial scarcity - they give you a period to buy up to 5 of them, and there's no limit on how many they sell.

What's worse is when it's a super high demand mainline figure that's only available through retailers, only they rarely have stock. Siege Jetfire, for example, was available for a short period, and then had spotty availability, followed by dramatic price increases. Prior to this upcoming reissue, he was selling for as much as double. Core class has been even worse, unless you get lucky at retail. And this is before we even get to the store exclusives and how impossible they've been to get. Some of the figures announced on one of the last Hasbro streams sold out during the Pulse Premium timing, meaning regular buyers didn't even get a chance (yes I know there is additional availability but still a pain).

Personally I think Haslabs is perfect because:
    1) You get the figure the designers intended. Correct scale, all of the accessories to go with it, and some bonuses if lots of people buy it. All in one box.
    2) If you want it, you just order it in the time period. No messing around or having to be around at launch time to get it.

• Like Like x 14
  18. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

I most heartily disagree with that, if only because where I live you sometimes don't get everything. As an example, we got every Cyberverse Warrior Class toy except for Thunderhowl, meaning that I have a headless Maccadams sitting on my desk. We also never got the Siege Frenzy/ Ratbat Micromaster pack. I'd be beyond furious to have a Deathsaurus but not have Eagle and Tiger Breast, since that means he's basically incomplete.

• Like Like x 4
  19. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    And like i just want u to know im not arguing with you like at all. I just like having these types of conversations

• Like Like x 4
  20. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Very true I mean in my area I only had seen one release of the siege cassettes and that’s a factor I didn’t consider