HASCON 2017: New Bumblebee Film Details Revealed At Transformers film panel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Sep 9, 2017.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Just because those movies werent received well, does not mean the crew dont care, alot of the crew are Transformers fans.

contray to popular belief, even people that are fans can still make a bad movie. you can hire a brand new team and director that are a 100% fans of the franchise, but they still can make a bad movie, the same can happen in the other way around, you can hire people that arent fans of a franchise, but they still can make a good movie with what they were given.

And no franchise is beyond repair, you still can make a good movie out of it, and sometimes that sole movie can fix everything moving foward.

Plans can change, i could say i have those ideas for future movies, but i could do something else in later films, now yeah AOE did great in the box office, but seeing the huge drop TLK had, Bay was right in having those concerns, i dont think Bay meant it as AOE could be our last movie, but that the audience would stop watching future movies and again his concerns were justified based on what happened with TLK. people can give you many chances, but eventually they will stop giving you the benefit of the doubt, look at how many people on this site has stopped giving those movies the benefit of the doubt, this franchise is on the verge of dying if Bumblebee doesnt do great in the box office.

Also AOE got worse reception than DOTM, DOTM has gotten better reception than ROTF, AOE and TLK. if AOE had gotten better reception, i am sure more peopel would've given TLK a chance

lets keep in mind the only reason AOE made alot of money was because they filmed in China, had China ad and Chinese actors, which made alot of chinese viewers to see the movie, making it a sucess. and you can leave a movie in a cliffhanger even if you havent planned out 100% what happens next, they ended TF1 in a cliffhanger with Starscream escaping, but they had no idea where the second movie would go.

But lets keep in mind too, that in the same interview they say that Bay liked the King Arthur and World War 2 ideas alot and it was decided to merge those 2 unrelated stories into the sequel for Age of Extinction, despite the fact they had already a treatment for Transformers 5, which means TF5 could've been a different movie, if Bay had not decided to use the King Arthur and WW2 storyline into the movie

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    We still could later. They did say that more "focus" movies across different eras are possible.

3. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

So Bumblebee is going to be the only Autobot in the film? Well that's what I got from it. If that is the case, I wouldn't mind it. I mean, look at my profile, pretty obvious that I like the character. But despite that, I can tell other TF fans would like that. A notable example would be my brother. While he was fully expecting no appearance from Optimus, but he was hoping to at least see some of his other favorite Transformers. Well I guess let's hope that Bumblebee gets a decent amount of screentime and development. They work best when they have a small cast.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I have no reason to believe Knight is being given much creative freedom, that Bay won't have his fingerprints on this, or that Paramount is capable of making smart decisions. Also, prequels are DEFINITELY tied to the movies they are predating - that's the ENTIRE point of them.

• Like Like x 3
  5. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Hardly. The whole mold of the movieverse was made on flaws. Its inconsistent with its own lore. Its inconsistent with its own continuity and just keeps throwing in random elements that contradict and cancel each other out. It has been done for 10 years continuously, to the point where cohession is no longer possible. This is nothing of a sort that a new film can fix, this needs a total erasure. The fact that we have reached this sorry state means that indeed the crew doesnt give a damn. Its not about a bad movie, its about a bad foundation. A foundation that was bad and expanded badly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I am sure Bay will have some of his fingerprints on it, no doubt, and i know they are still tied, what i mean is that they have a bit more freedom with the story since it predates them, like Wonder Woman, lets say if WW was set after BvS, they would've changed everything in order to make it fit with the previous story. but since it was set before BvS, Patty Jenkins had a bit more freedom with its plot. but of course it still needed to tie with where she would end later in her life.

For example, Travis Knight doesnt need to follow up where the previous last 5 movies left off and we dont know much of Bumblebee past aside that he was here in WWII and he lost his voice at some point, there is a huge gap between World War 2 and the first movie of Bumblebee life that was not explored, again all he needs to do is make sure it fits with where Bee ends up in 2007 and his exploits during WW2

X-Men is also inconsistent with its own continuity, but they still work, you can make good movies EVEN if they are not consistent. otherwise Logan would've suck since it was not consistent with the previous movies.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Finally! A transformers movie that I am looking forward to!

8. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exactly look at batman movies matman returns was good but batman forever and batman robin sucked batnipples on costumes coloful city bad comedy batman made comeback with dark knight trilogy series, wolverine origins movie sucked loko at blob and deadpool in movie deadpool solo movie made comeback, plus if fans had there way we be getting boring live action movie of generation cartoon series giant ALIEN robots would not look alien and realistic if was up to fans they boring and blocky looking megatrong be gun, soundwave be radio or mp3 player changing its mass, galvatron being canon , megatron will never transfrom in movie he transfomrs into hand gun who use him to fire in gun mode same with shockwave, lets not forget autobots going to hollywood wearing alien masks to be aliens in movie aliens pretending be aliens, prime playing basket ball, hound need mask to breath underwater but he can breath out in space with no problem, humans going on cybertron with no space suits on breathing air on cybertron out in space with gravity not able float movie made by fans will be wiiner

9. Pct1theory

Pct1theory Human Alliance

News Credits:
    I will be writing soon in a different thread on why Bee will most likely NOT be a Camaro in this film. I have some news.

10. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    I would agree with you, in almost any other case. But the world of the Bayverse has been very very very poorly thought out. So, any movie taking place in it, will have to be limited by the aesthetic rules and "lore" that Bay and his team has pre-conceived.

Also, the premise of the Bumblebee movie is, in itself, another step in the wrong direction: Less Transformers, more humans, more mute puppy-minded Bumblebee, plus superficial G1 pandering. This is not a story that needed to be told. This is them, just switching chairs amongst themselves, and adapting financially, to keep their cash cow in life support for as much as possible. Bayverse in disguise, if you will.

To put it plainly, after being fooled 5 times, each one worse than the previous... I don't trust them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be approaching this movie with a pre-Wonder Woman mind set.

This isn't the movie we need but it's a movie where I need to know a couple of things.

• Like Like x 1
  12. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You got a point we got a new director watch any of his movies you'll feel excited for his take on the franchise and by the way we have seen it feels different not many explosions not exotic cars nothing

13. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Um thats already been confirmed a while ago buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    P
    no he's gotten a lot of freedom tbh

15. Pct1theory

News Credits:
    It has not been confirmed buddy-o

16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Do you think the yellow VW bug in the set photos is a red herring?

• Like Like x 1
  17. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

I'm interested but they better have a Decepticon in it and the toy line better have plenty of Autobots and Decepticons with 80s modes.

18. Pct1theory

News Credits:
    No. Some have thought that perhaps later in the film he becomes a Camaro but nothing there confirmed and nothing confirmed if that is ruled out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    But you said earlier you didn't believe he'd be a Camaro in this one?

20. Pct1theory

News Credits:
    I was hoping he would be a Camaro but I was saying above, that now I know he won't be. Go read my thread in the movie section called "Transformers Cars on Display" and you will see why I say this.