HASCON 2017 - Awards Dinner Panel Reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not? We're only talking about changing the proportions, not increasing the complexity. Heck, they could make a deluxe figure that looked like that if they wanted; he just wouldn't have much of a transformation. Good designs are about pleasing shapes and aesthetics, not parts count. The shapes and lines on that Optimal Optimus concept just look good.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

Just heard that Moon racer is compatible with Combiner Wars so thats very cool.
    It sounds like we'll have a ot of new CW stuff to mix n match.

Love Rippersnapper too!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

In the concept art I see that various part of Primal change proportions between modes. Like the lower legs are longer in robot mode and the torso is bulkier in gorilla mode. To achieve that you need a complex transformation with an high parts count.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Ok but that does not exclude the fact it is a skeletal reuse of the same design. The molds for the parts are new then. So nothing is being used from Silverbolt.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The Transformation scheme is the same.

That is what is being talked about here. No, it's not a remold. No, it doesn't reuse anything physically. It just reuses the idea of something.

• Like Like x 3
  6. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    No Sunday reveals?

7. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

• Like Like x 2
  8. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aww, what did they do to poor Hun-Gurrr.

I was so looking forward to him and the artwork looks so good. How could they get him so wrong with such a simple design? I guess he's still a WIP, so maybe there'll be some changes and improvements ahead? He doesn't look like the bulky powerhouse that he should be :( 

I'll wait and see.

Rippersnapper looks awesome though! Top marks there.

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Does Optimal have his Heavy Truck and Airship mode? Will they look slightly more convincing?

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he at least has jet and beast modes for the optimal body and they are pretty faithful to the original

11. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

True but we know what a majority of wave 3 and 4 are

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    His modes weren't exactly "convincing" on the show for as little as he used them.

He's got the jet and surf mode. If he doesn't have ATV mode it's safe to assume Perfect Effect/Combiner will be on top of it.

They'll also probably so something about Volcanicus' shoulders if Slash doesn't already handle that.

13. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

If it's (1) I'm thinking Hun-Gurrr's back will be Abominus chest. That would explain why the tail is on the robot mode chest. If it's (2) that's a little odd. Snaptrap doesn't have two long necks that turn into the robot mode legs, and the best bet would be like the original toy and have the legs fold into the turtle body. But then it'd be odd that they would be using that model to show for Hun-Gurrr, even if Snaptrap was designed first.

But I rule nothing out.

14. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Well then.

15. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

The thing I was referring to is the "100% new mold" statement. Clearly it is not "100% new" if it shares engineering and has retooled parts. Also I am not even sure if John Warden designs transformers. His job title is design manager, but what does that mean? To me, it seems like he manages the design team and is the liaison with the Takara design team. I am honestly not being snarky and I know he does do something in design, but I just don't know what he actually does other than present things at panels.

16. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regarding (2) (it if were to happen): I think what they would do is have the 'bot mode legs fold over to make the tortoise shell (rather than being two long necks) and torso-mode chest. Or something like that. @T-Hybrid and I had this figured out a couple years ago, I think. The essential idea is that you think of the mold as the "quadruped mold" and the essential parts are the small forelegs that fold away, the back legs that become the 'bot mode arms and combined mode legs, and a folding tail.

17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sharing engineering but not a mold means it is 100% a new physical mold. the engineering isnt new, the mold is, that is why it is a 100% new mold

• Like Like x 4
  18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    You can tell that Hun-Gurr's torso mode is exactly like Silverbolt's. You fold the legs against the main body, the head then folds up in the same fasion as Silverbolt and the kibble on Hun-Gurr's back becomes the torso chest plate. The hands obviously form the legs.

In his turtle form Snaptrap would keep his robot legs folded against his body, and a small turtle head could be retooled that folds up from the robots butt. Keep the legs from Hun-Gurr and remold both chests and turtle tail.

You can see here the pegs on the legs/necks and the ports on the body, confirming that the torso is formed like Silverbolt. Snaptrap just keeps them pegged in for turtle mode.
    IMG_0469.PNG

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Well, now we wait until Toy Fair 2018 for Optimus Primal in color form....as well as seeing if rumors of Elita One, Firestar, Predaking, etc

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    They aren't rumors. They are real leaks. Everything that was revealed this weekened was in the same leaks, which were proven real as Hasbro pulled the Striesand effect.

• Like Like x 4