Hasbro's 2013 Transformers Hall of Fame Fans' Choice Nomination thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you think that a popularity contest for fictional space robots, done via web-forum slapflight and anonymous internet poll should have any more integrity than being as much fun as it can possibly be, I don't know what to tell you.

I WILL tell you we'd ALL have a lot more fun if you spent half as many posts telling people who YOU'D vote for, instead of who THEY shouldn't be allowed to vote for, like you seem to every year. "meaningful" is one of the most subjective terms possible, after all.

Oh, and since I haven't hyped the thread for the character I'm backing this year in this thread yet, here it is! Vote Bludgeon!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-bludgeon-hall-fame-appreciation-station.html

2. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

Yeah, on one hand you could go "Fictional character Hall of Fame? LAME!" Or you could go "Fictional character hall of fame? Let's have some fun!"

I'll go with the latter :) 

3. Gearshift

Gearshift Lady of the Dark Throne

News Credits:
    Sideways (the universe hopper).

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    I'd like to update my 3 votes for Whirl, Minerva, and Sky-Byte.

5. Timelord Megs

Timelord Megs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to go with the same choices I went with last year, since they're still not in :p 

BEAST WARS MEGATRON

By far the most successful, cunning, and charming of all the Megatrons; he alone stands out as not just a another random reimagining of the G1 guy. Indeed, he was so successful and influential to the brand, that Hasbro wanted to recreate the magic of that character again by hiring David Kaye to provide the same voice for Megatron in three more series, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron; even though it was a new continuity and that that Megatron was meant to be a different character. That's how influential and important was. Absolutely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, yes. David Kaye should be in there too, but that's another story...

BEAST WARS BLACKARACHNIA

The first truly successful female character, that lead to fembots being a regular thing in this franchise. Since a lot of people are going to jump on me and say "But Arcee!", "But Minerva!", I shall explain why I think that she's more important and deserving of fame than either of them. She's never been first in any category, but she's the one that counted. Starting with BA, female characters suddenly became more common, even regular, where as before, Arcee and Minerva were really just isolated incidents. So I give Blackarachnia the credit for this change (and I don't really think that Arcee or Minerva had any real influence or relevance to BA's existance, as Beast Wars and its characters were initially developed with very little thought to the history of the franchise, especially on Bob and Larry's end, as they were pretty much unaware of Transformers history when they started on the show.

G1 Arcee was almost a dead end. She may have been in the movie and was the first girl bot to be in more than one episode, but she never had much of any character beyond being "the girl", and even then she was barely even in season 3 at all. She didn't pioneer anything in a boys toys brand either, as there were female characters in Thundercats, He Man, and GI Joe, who all had a lot more screen time, and for most of them; had toys too. And some of them didn't even need to be pink... The only reason Arcee gets all the fame and attention is because she was in G1, specifically the movie. G1 still counts for more than anything with this fandom, so anyone from G1 is almost automatically granted a cult classic status whether they deserve it or not, and thus keep getting reused over and over again. It wasn't until Prime that she finally got a good role and a good character, and that incarnation is probably the best female character to date. While Arcee definitely deserves a place in the HOF, I think BA should get in first. ;) 

Minerva fares a lot better, being an actual character and being enough of one to actually get a toy, but for most of that she was also a human teenage girl piloting a transformer body. To be honest, humans piloting transformers is something I've never really liked and Masterforce's version seems to be the most egregious form of this, and I don't really feel it deserves celebration. And beyond that, she's still rather an isolated incident. She was in Masterforce, and had a cameo in Victory, but that's it, and outside of the fandom (that is so acutely aware of the history of the brand in Japan), she's kind of a non-entity. And it would be several years before a female character would appear again...

Which brings us to Blackarachnia. She was the first to really be a major character in a Transformers cartoon and to have a presence on the toy shelves, both of which left an enduring legacy. Other than Arcee, she's the only female character to consistently get multiple toys over the life of this brand. She was a major character with plot threads of her own, not just in Beast Wars, but Beast Machines, and then years later in Animated too. Hell, one of the biggest, if not the biggest plot threads in season 3 of Beast Wars is her story of finally becoming a Maximal and a Transmetal II. Even when she was inevitably partnered with a man in a romance, it was to her benefit as a character and strengthened her, to which Silverbolt was merely a foil. She left a lasting legacy on this franchise, where ever since Blackarachnia, female characters have been relatively common, appearing in most series. That's her legacy, that's the difference she added to the brand, and that's why she deserves to honored in the Hall of Fame!

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I already posted my nominees in this very thread. And last I checked, my opinions on the validity of the HoF are just as valid as yours or anyone else's. If for some reason you feel my post is inappropriate, please report it.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My bad. ;) 

8. sharkdude5

sharkdude5 Well-Known Member

Sideways

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I still going to Galvatron!

10. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

y'know what. i was going with sky-byte. but considering that transquito gots a campaign now. i guess i have to make a B'boom Campaign. he ain't no primal,but he's one hell of a primate.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Coming from the guy who rolled right into the Whirl thread just to put down the people nominating him all like "yeah, well then why didn't he get a toy" or something like that.

12. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My second vote will be Whirl.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Gonna go with our favourite (super)unvincible nutjob Whirl for the first choise.

And The Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord, Ultra Magnus as the second.

14. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    My signature says it all.

15. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    Drift!!!!!!

16. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    So we get 2 votes now? Where does it say that?

If so, my original of Bludgeon plus Hardhead.

17. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

If there's two I guess I'd say my original Prowl plus Devestator.

18. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    I have to do it in the way that he would want me to. As Haiku

The voting must be
    the Predacon the you see
    Sky-Byte victory!!!

[​IMG]

The other nominee has to be the one Predacon who thinks of himself not as a robot but as the insect in whose form he has taken.

[​IMG]

19. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Skybyte

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It's almost like not all my posts are meant to be taken seriously...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.