Hasbro Writes A New Chapter For Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, May 19, 2018.

1. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I remember spotting various super robots in the Lord Genome side story OVA, but it’s been so many years that that DeceptiGanmen definitely slipped my mind, if I even spotted that when I watched TTGL as it aired.

And, I definitely could recall Squidward, too :p 

It’s also been a few years since I saw P&Sw/GB, so maybe it’s time to rewatch that this summer. Though, I mostly aim to get around to Space Patrol Luluco and Little Witch Academia, some time soon.

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    All of a sudden Hasbro cares about storytelling with their live action films? So they were okay with the last few movies? The cinematic bs they built, not such good idea afterall eh? :lol 

For once can someone just speak the truth and accept they've made mistakes for not allowing the movies represent their own brand. Sigh

Bumblebee has been the main character in all 5 films. How is a movie about him a different direction?

Hire people that love transformers for once, and can tell a story. The first 2 films at least made an effort introducing some mythos.

• Like Like x 3
  3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same way Wolverine is treated in his own stand-alone movies.

4. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Oh ha haha... "everyone loves Bumblebee"... (my younger sister doesn't)... that said she doesn't really care much about the Autobots in general anyways, she's more for the 'cons. It pisses me off though when people just go ahead a say "everyone" likes this or does that, like they're speaking for us all as a whole. Now don't get me wrong I like Bumblebee I do... but the character has been squeezed for every last damn penny... feels like it's getting (more like has already gone) stale. Don't they know there are other characters with interesting stories to tell? No... no all they hear is the cha ching sadly.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Klutchkick

Klutchkick Well-Known Member

Everyone likes Bumblebee?

I HATE Bumblebee due to him being shoved in our faces as (what seems to be) The autobot\'s ultimate warrior, it\'s like Hasbro wants him to be more popular than Optimus!
    You want a different direction? Why not focus on Hot Rod and his jounrey to becoming Rodimus? Maybe Jetfire with his switching sides? maybe ANYTHING but more Bumblebee.

I\'m sick and tired of him.

G1? fine, his Masterpiece is awesome but outside of that? never want to see him again, you\'ve ruined him Hasbro.

Also as an extra, my sister always liked Starscream lol

• Like Like x 4
  6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

"......experiences and merchandise for its modular superhero brand" For the what now?

"“What’s great about the universe we’ve built around Transformers is that we’ve told a lot of great stories, but there are a lot more stories to tell and its ever expanding."

Buahahahahahaha....no. Barring certain snipets of IDW you have to produce a decent story since the dark ages.

“We decided on Bumblebee because we wanted to go in a bit of a different direction. We wanted a character-focused film versus an ensemble. He is loved by kids, multiple generations, girls and women. Everyone loves Bumblebee,”

Erhm....No. The Bee you have in your mind is loved by the very (and I mean the very) young audience. And a couple exceptions

“Prime Wars,” which debuted on Verizon’s streaming service VerizonGo90, was conceived as a way to reach older, devoted fans who have grown up with the franchise."

And failed misserably? Which older fan that actually paid attention and didnt have the mentality "Lets waste 10 minutes of our life" went in and said that it represented anything remotely what they grew up with exactly?

And here you got it why you guys will never actually make something that it works: "“It definitely has universal appeal. There are nuances within the consumer base but overall the idea of Autobots and the overall concept is absolutely universal, says Simon Waters, senior vice president, global brand licensing and publishing, Hasbro."

Universal my boron compresor (internet cookie to whoever catches the reference). And here is the opinion they have about the fan base: “We’ve been able to offer something new and different on a regular basis to our customers, which has translated into them wanting to buy product,”

Translation: As long as we cheapen it you will buy it. Open your mouths now.

When all said and done, I love this article. They are brutaly honest with the fanbase, they show their opinions about the fan base and yet the fan base keeps supporting them and applauding them. When all is said and done:

I dreaded this, I really dreaded that you will handle the reboot wrong and waste the opportunity, but I still accepted the risks with open arms. Therefore no regrets.

Congratulations on achieving the monumental objective of reducing the franchise to copy pasting your past (albeit badly) and demeaning again and again your own achievements. drawing the 'right' crowd to fund this out of proportion and troll them at the same time. I trully trully applaud you and there is no ounce of bitterness or irony in this. I trouly appreciate this kind of thing.

Yeah I can do that: Pretty much as a long as people keep buying stuff we will give 0 respect to the creative aspect and scripts of the show and put it on auto. Just keep buying.
    Also they saw what Marvel did with their unified universe which took like many many years to create out of franchises that were already compatible and they thought it will work if they copy paste the recepie with minimal effort.

• Like Like x 3
  7. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    It pissed me of that Bumblebee is now the poster child for Transformers. Screw it; I'm out.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Optimus Goat

Optimus Goat Well-Known Member

Jesus H Christ. I don't think I can stand ANOTHER Bumblebee blitz. The original G1/G2 toyline released nearly five hundred distinct characters But Hasbro keep coming back to the same core dozen or so, and that ONE in particular! I can't do this for another decade, have him dominating toy shelves and media forevermore. I just can't.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

From my anecdotal observations, I think that there's more female fans paying attention to Seekers or Optimus than to Bee. Amongst the older folks, that's it. Younger fans probably remember Bee the most because he's so heavily promoted.

Also, "everyone" loves him?

Thank you the corporate for telling me what I like.

Typical corporate PR speech, time wasted on reading it because it says absolutely nothing.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Optimus Goat

It's quite astonishing just how bad Power of the Primes has been in just three episodes. I quite liked Titans Return, though I understand many didn't. It was doing thisngs right, heading in the right direction. Better than Combiner Wars, anyway.

POTP just makes me embarrassed for all involved, ESPECIALLY Mark Hamill - who after this will probably never come near Transformers again - and it makes me hates myself for devoting the time to it week after week. I mean, WTF, Hasbro??? This is insultingly bad shit and you're sitting there preening yourselves over it? Time for the mother of all reality checks!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Optimus Goat

It won't. Not with five previous examples out there of what a Transformers movie is, thanks to a director who has been actively taking a decade-long shit in our mouths. People will take one look, say "Oh. another one of those terrible films" and swipe left. It's gonna bomb. You heard it here first.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    You are only making it worse by watching it. Thats how they count it as a sucess, views.

Preach it brother! PREACH!

• Like Like x 1
  13. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

It’s funny to think that up until only a little over a decade ago, Bumblebee was hardly even a thing. Once G1 wrapped up, Bumblebee fell into relative obscurity. As a kid of the ‘90s, I didn’t even know who he was until I started watching reruns of G1 on Boomerang in the mid-2000s.

Then the movie comes along and suddenly Bumblebee isn’t just part of the Transformers franchise, Bumblebee IS the Transformers franchise. It’s like you can’t have one without the other. He went from an obscure, forgotten remnant of the past to the backbone of the entire franchise pretty much overnight. I’ve really never seen anything like it.

If I’m honest though, as much as I love Bee, I think I’m ready to see him fall back in to obscurity for a bit. There’s only so much of a character I can take, no matter how much I like them. If we haven’t already crossed that threshold, we must be pretty damn close.

Please Hasbro, give Bumblebee a rest. It’ll be as much for his sake as our’s. Please Hasbro. Please.

• Like Like x 3
  14. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    All it could take is one big shot of a “DIRECTED BY TRAVIS KNIGHT” scene in the trailer.

• Like Like x 3
  15. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    One important detail that is omitted in these corporate PR speeches is when will we be getting another TF live-action movie? Up to 2021 all spots are booked by other Hasbro properties. So between Bumblebee and the next outing it may be at least 4 years. That's an optimistic estimate. Hasbro may as well shift their focus to other properties and depending on how successful they are TF live-action movies may be shelved for longer to make place for something that is more profitable at the moment. Do we know something or is Bumblebee our last TF movie for the next few years?

• Like Like x 1
  16. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Well if we really want to be optimistic about it we can assume it all depends on the succes of this movie and they are waiting to see how this whole things plays out...maybe it will spark their interest again if it does so good...it's already better received than every other TF movie so...we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I would like to see more character arcs for the Decepticons depicted on the big screen instead of random cameo robots for Optimus to kill / cut the heads off of.

IDW Megatron rising from a gladiator/miner/slave to a bad ass rebel leader would be pretty sweet. He's completely nuts but thinks he's the good guy. But I don't think the movie studios have much wiggle room for creativity. Michael Bay killed sucked that all up and now the film studios is doing damage control with Bumblebee.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

Whuh?:confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Fuck this, Transformers NEEDS to be an anime again. In between Michael Bay's decade long cinematic ass cancer, Machinima's dogshit Prime Wars trilogy, NuRiD being vastly inferior to both Prime and Animated, and IDW chugging the Social Justice Kool-Aid like the rest of the comic book industry are doing nowadays, Takara knows how to handle Transformers better than Hasblo at this point.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Magneon Sentinel

Magneon Sentinel Cybertron's last defense

All I want are shows with overarching plots, interesting characters, and a story where actions have consequences and weight. If you need to figure out how to do this Hasbro, then go rewatch animated and prime, then compare it RiD 2015.
    Not saying RiD is bad (it really isn’t), but compared to the shows proceeding it, it really doesn’t live up to where they left off.

• Like Like x 2