Hasbro Writes A New Chapter For Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, May 19, 2018.

1. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I know how you feel...I actually liked Prime too,except some of the designs and things but I consider it a different kind of series wich is nice.Now Hasbro turned TF into a tribute of itself...nothing more..like you said like G1 or some poor ol' little animation..even TLK wich I enjoyed a lot and would watch anytime now felt a bit like an anniversary movie and now they got the 80's spin-off.But I have faith that Travis Knight can breath new life into it and it won't be just the cliche' "kid and the friend from far away"...I look forward to see Sector 7 back and Strascream(?) in new adventures that precede the life-changing movie from 2007 movie(the best time I had in my life haha) If this movie manages to save the franchise I would be eternally grateful!Maybe it is just what we needed..to light our darkest hour..

• Like Like x 1
  2. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I personally don’t care what Hasbro says at this point. I hope the Bumbler movie does well and injects something desperately fresh into the mix under Travis Knights’ helm but honestly the more Bumbler and generic play it safe tack they take, the more and more I’m less invested in this franchise.

I’m choosing to invest more time and revenue into things that bring me joy than things that don’t anymore. Transformers is teetering deeper into mediocrity in film and creativity.

How long before they realize the law of diminishing returns? It apparently didn’t sink in going with the same director after he obviously was bored with the series or will it be when the audience finally stops showing up for the little yellow guy that appeals to only the mainstream film goers. Because TLK didn’t set the box office on fire and if there was that Bumbler lovers, why didn’t they make up the deficit?

Keep milking Hollywood till you get the powdered milk you’re so desperate for.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I meant that Hasbro’s using a bigger ploy of nostalgia for “your parents’” culture in the marketing now, @Venixion

I probably should’ve elaborated a bit and noted that I thought comparing Bumblebee to The Love Bug was quite apt, @ZapRowsdower, and especially the Lohan iteration just from the standpoint of marketing. I thought some of the fluff photography used so far seemed a tad familiar and it’s of course because of the nefarious House of Mouse.

Still, I’m gunna go out on a limb and vouch for Gen Y/Millennials who enjoyed Beast Wars/Machines, R1D/Car Robots, and Armada and, to this day, are still watching Anime and would totally watch a Transformers anime over Machinima’s Prime Wars Trilogy.

In fact, if Nightflyers on Syfy isn’t worthwhile, I’m down to just a handful of anime and Westworld and Game of Thrones what with Sifee canceling The Expanse :eek: 

Meanwhile, there’s these guys called Takara Tomy who are rebooting Zoids, or, better yet, Studio Bones or Studio Trigger whom Hasbro might want to talk to. I’ll grant it’s been a while since I watched anything from Bones, but I hear people really like My Hero Academy, and that has been going on for a few seasons now.

On the other hand, I should probably get to the latest episode of Trigger’s Darling in the Franxx, which turned out to be a lot better than it had any right to be based on premise alone. I thought I’d skip it, but I’m glad that I gave it a shot all the same after I read that the fandom where in a bit of an uproar before the midseason hiatus episode. Turned out, that was a perfect time to climb aboard.

But, I might’ve been salty too had I been watching week to week this past winter, which is something to consider when Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Gridman is back. Sadly, no Tim Curry, tho :oops: 

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Fixed that for ya, Hasbro. Nice try though, bless your little hearts.

• Like Like x 8
  5. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    And the mention of SyFy now makes me think that it would be GREAT to see SyFy produce a Transformers series...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Mask-free zone Veteran

I mean if other people do have narrow-minded visions of the franchise, then that's their freedom. I find it interesting when people have other views from mine.

It's just that to me the brand is called Transformers. As long as a Transformers film has examples of thinking, feeling, alien robots who can transform, then to me it is a Transformers movie, regardless of whether I or anyone else like it or not. There should be a lot of freedom as far as factions, character choices, depictions, designs, fictional concepts, alien races, status quos, and so on. The previous versions of Transformers I loved are still there. I can re-watch or read them any time I want. Nothing the Bay movies or any future movies will ruin that for me.

Frankly, I enjoyed the Bay movies more when they tried being less nostalgic. Things like having Sentinel Prime and Lockdown as main antagonists and Optimus Prime losing faith in humanity and Transformium (Yes, I really do love Transformium and the KSI transformations, however unpopular of an opinion that may be!), while not nostalgic, were some of my favorite things to happen in the Bayverse.

And hopefully I do enjoy the Bee movie. It's not my preference for what the next live action film should be, but I will watch it, and I will give it a fair shot.

• Like Like x 6
  7. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

Cartoon Network financed the Big O’s second season, for an example.

Now, I wouldn’t hold my breath that Syfy would bring back their Saturday morning anime block or do its own Adult Swim, but that would definitely keep me enthralled, @RodimusSupreme.

I also should probably watch the latest season of Studio Mir’s Voltron :p 

Mir’s certainly done a lot with a much smaller canon to work from, though that might also make things easier for them, too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is it we have a trailer for the new Rescue Bots. But not this yet? Is the show so bad they just don't want a trailer out there?

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    I love this franchise with my life, and am by no means a hater. But Machinima is absolute shit. The fact that we are still getting these baffles me. What baffles me even more is that you don’t have to be stupid to understand how awful in Quality they are. Business executives or whoever that watch and approve this believe this is what we want, and it says a lot.

I just want a good, quality, Transformers show that treats itself with respect and is handled by writers and producers who are competent at their job. Is that really too much to ask? Transformers is already the laughing stock in modern geek pop culture, and it’s like we can’t catch a break. Something is horribly wrong when the best show you’ve had in 5 years was aimed at preschoolers.

• Like Like x 6
  10. misfire19d

misfire19d Geewunner with some cash to buy toys

Lately? Neither.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro Writes A New Chapter For Transformers

Blah blah blah blah!

Listen Hasbro, the only 1 thing I care about is being to to walk into a store & finding Transformers toys IN STOCK for retail price. You can't seem to handle that 1 simple thing anymore so go blow it out your ass. I don't care about anything else you have to say. It's nothing but a bunch of bullshit & hot air. GET YOUR FUCKING PRODUCT INTO STORES OR ELSE STFU!

Dumbass dipshits!

• Like Like x 1
  12. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I wonder how different things would be if Hasbro dropped Machinima for Fan content and got SyFy to do it?

• Like Like x 2
  13. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Everyone loves Bumblebee? That's sure pretty strange, because literally nobody talks about or cares about him and the movie has zero hype even in our community.

The problem may be that most people haven't even been introduced to Bumblebee. Rather just some generic boring yellow warrior robot.

• Like Like x 3
  15. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

That is all.

• Like Like x 4
  16. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    a. Ironic, isn't it? I admit I like Bumblebee, but that Press Statement from Hasbro was so full of sh!t.
    b. Hasbro, if you're reading this, MAKE A US RELEASE OF TAKARA SLIPSTREAM!!!
    c. Someone should make fake MP Energon toys for an April Fool's joke. However, I would love to see some more Animated figures.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love an MP Energon Inferno, Armada Optimus Prime and Jetfire personally. Oh Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Red Alert, Thrust, Shockblast, Scavenger, Scorponok, Demolisher, oh Tidalwave. Man I miss those incarnation of some of those character except Energon Ironhide..yeah I would want an Energon Masterpiece Ironhide as well I did love his design.
    :( 
    Oh Robots in Disguise Towline as well. :D 

18. APB

APB Well-Known Member

I`m already tired of Bumblebee, guess I`m done with my TF fandom.

19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Has likely offended u. Sorry!

Fake MP Energon toys would be the most EPIC of all April Fool's jokes! :lol 

I'm very tempted to clone your avi and become more relevant to Hasbro! :D 

(And I'm totally with you on the bogus Hasbro press statements - but I also think MOST of their press statements are so full of spin that it's amazing anyone can take Hasbro seriously).

• Like Like x 1
  20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    I really want to like this, but I feel everything they do is effing it all up, and no matter what they do moving out it just blah. Like the state of the X-Men movies. It's just one big hot mess.