Hasbro, where are my modern G1 Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megasquared, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Yeah... Here is a series of numbered (just so you cannot skip anything) dots you are ignoring:

1) From 1984 to 1988, my favorite Transformer toys were Soundwave, Laserbeak, Ravage, Highbrow, and Chainclaw. I also wanted to own the Dinobots, but only received a book that involves them.

2) My allegiance shifted from Hasbro to TakaraTomy at a Toys"R"Us in Ikebukuro, Fukuoka, Japan on January, 2011. I followed Hasbro from 1984 to 2004. What shifted my allegiance was "2010" Predaking. He was also my first purchase on what was to be my first return to the franchise and was intended to by first AFA graded piece.

3) In January, 2014, I lost interest and found Beast Wars II as an excuse to reboot my collection. This ended when I had car-related issues that prevented me from picking up the pieces that I had ordered.

4) On March, 2016, my second return to both collecting (and this franchise) was "LC-03" Lio Convoy. And "Legends" Rattle (the character) was the reason why I was thinking of completing an entire series. But since I found that to be impossible, both Weirdwolf and Skull helped me end my means of being a "Cybertron only" collector.

5) The Headmaster version of Convobat was the reason why I imported the very brutal, non-canon manga adaption of Beast Wars Metals.

6) Even though it may never happen, my biggest wish is to add Scorponok's next form and (Grand) Lio Convoy to my niche collection.

7) And I almost had the chance to ask the Transformers designers if Grimmaster originated in Cloud World... Just because it allows them to update him as a possible Dinobot combiner, as well as allow Dinoking in the near future to receive a post-United EX upgrade.

So tell me... In what fantasy world gives you the right to dismiss your own hypocrisies, ignore the fact that you replied with my witnessing of a fact you refuse to debunk with evidence, and the fact that mentioning of IDW equates to nothing tied to what I have seen in regards to Hasbro products make me "ignorant" and a "fool"?

Think about that and realize that I was the guy who found TakaraTomy's updated contractual agreement with Hasbro in terms of this franchise. And I follow up on both upcoming and secondary market trends to TakaraTomy's content. And I not once ever gave you my opinion on how Hasbro could revitalize this sub-type to both kids and CHUG collectors that should be buying from Hasbro more than TakaraTomy.

Because until then... I'll be discussing Dinobots, and you can go act like somebody who is a disgrace to the Beast era fans. :wink: 

2. Fenrir Zero

Dude... He only agrees to that because he is far too obsessed with what he wants, and to the point that facts do not matter. I mean, heck... I pointed out how they can reintroduce Pretenders in the IDW fiction, and he snubbed it. All because he had others who liked his ideas, despite the fact he was also snubbing the fact that TakaraTomy will also produce this when the time comes. And besides, nothing he argued about had anything to do with me walking into three Target stores and not seeing any of the beast figures sell as well as the rest. Because as you have proven, the sales of these sub-types are regional. Because in my part of California, Transformers do not sell as quickly. And what has sold the slowest were the beast types.

Then again... I also prefer the Japanese market, where PLAMOYA has "LG22" Skull listed for a mere AUD129.72. He beats out "LG09" Brainstorm and "LG21" Hardhead in value. And since TakaraTomy is updating all of their JG1 fiction, which he was previously informed about, this has me hoping they will update the Dinobots. Even if they do not comply with my niche collection. Which should have been a solid hint on the fact I would be annoyed too if I was told it was not selling well, when it is in my area. :lol 

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    You're ignoring the here and now. Hasbros current g1 media is idw. Idw ties very heavily to the toyline. Idw is bringing in onyx prime. Onyx prime is one of the 13 original primes in the fiction. Onyx prime is also the progenitor of all beast transformers in fiction. Beasts are coming in idw. Also add to these facts that sins of the wreckers heavily features a group of organic beasts as the enemies in the story. Also add to this that Titans return features the following beast characters (and I may be missing one or two)
    Skullsmasher
    Wolfwire
    Mindwipe
    Crashbash
    Apeface
    Clobber
    Ptero
    Sawback

Your assertion that beasts don't sell is based solely on your own personal experiences and bias. Hasbro may not be selling the beasts that you want but Titans return shows a shift toward more beasts that I expect to continue into the next line.

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not wrong, up to a point anyway. Nostalgia sells the 80's robo-beasts, while Beast Wars updates just shelfwarm for a year. I don't think Beast Hunters sold too well either. I'd love more (non-Headmaster) BW updates, but those are just the facts of the matter.

5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    However in my area the beast wars updates couldn't be kept on the shelves, the only one I ever saw shelf warm was rattrap and that was only mildly

6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    The problem is everytime there is a beast tread you get like this maybe should let people have there opinion, i know you want yours to be heard but when you drown everyone out like this peoples opinion of your opinion diminishes even if they agree with you or not, so relaxe if someone disagrees with you dont make it a 2 page thing like mr startrek use to

7. Fenrir Zero

And who do you know that I am ignoring the "here and now"? I mean... You have the Marvel/G1, which became the core source of the G1 lore, which ended with the combine help of both Simon Furman and IDW. But also had content adopted by both Takara in 2001 and TakaraTomy in 2012. And has me wonder if their Generations line could have been their take on the IDW/G1 universe if they did not change gears down the road. Thankfully it didn't, and TakaraTomy has adopted Straxus to their continuity... Which allowed e-HOBBY a means to create Convobat. Plus, the Terrocon, Snapdragon, is has not yet been introduced to this fiction? I know that a much used triple-changing Targetmaster/drone is also based on him. And I am expecting them to introduce more of the Headmaster Teens into their fiction. So there are two more with those.

But please tell me... How is not asking me how I feel about seeing this a direct indicator that I am bias? Because I have once stated that I also see them shifting to more beat-like characters after they complete this trilogy? Because my intent for that reason was to note that they could introduce the "Beast era" cast as "Guardians of the planet Earth" before announcing that both Autobots and Decepticons are their enemies. Which, if they had done that, would be a really good excuse to update the G1 Dinobots (as "anti-Maximals") in their toyline.

8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    just have to say beasts sell faster then cars where i live alot faster

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I know you are ignoring the here and now because you thought onyx prime was a botcon exclusive repaint of bat Optimus primal from decades ago. I know you are biased because you predominately cite Takara fiction. You are free to have your preference but transformers is a western brand adapted by the Japanese. Hasbro steers the property not Takara, so hints at future toylines are more likely to be seeded in works hasbro has collaborated in not Takara. idw comics had been heavily featuring combiners for about a year before combiner wars. They also teased headmasters about a year or so ago in the initial build up to combiner wars and have been laying the foundation for onyx prime ever since the former robots in disguise book shifted focus back to earth. What fiction is Takara producing on a regular release schedule, not included with toys that drops so many hints about the future of the toylines?

10. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    just woundering but ive been reading the comics myself for some time now and it seems there isnt much planed after onyxprime, there doesnt seem to be anything pre built happening

11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Not yet at least, but once the rebranded series start up I'm assuming they'll start laying groundwork for more future plot lines. As far as their own unresolved plots go there are several enemies unaccounted for that they can use to fill in time before the next hasbro themed big bad. There's the mysteries behind tyrest and pharma, the wooden robot, the cybertronians who bear the unknown faction symbol, star saber etc.

12. Fenrir Zero

Factually, the only time I ever ranted was against those who chose to attack me. And it is done as a psychological defense mechanism, as I also have form variation of Asperger's that includes cognitive anxiety. Everything about me has me wonder if I am difficult to be with. I listen to music when I need to be psychologically stimulated... I prefer watching Japanese shows without subtitles in hopes of figuring out what they are saying... I can talk hours on end about the little details that not even niche fans care about. But I also block out the stuff that holds no interest to both my everyday life. But what I refuse to do is dismiss anything tied to a person's fandom, especially if their disagreements include sincerity and respect. Which is something I got very little from, which makes me only try harder before facing fans that care more about their wants than the facts.

Also... Since my reasons violate the contractual agreement called "forum rules", feel free PM me about my reason to choosing this fansite over any others. Because the irony to this is that it might remind me why I stay here. :lol 

13. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    At this stage, you've ignored the points made repeatedly by myself and others about the relationship between Hasbro and IDW -- a point you yourself made in an earlier post.

I can only presume from this that you're either mentally deficient, or a troll. Either way, you're going onto the ignore list.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Okay, here's the issue. The fandom loves BW and were all in on the Generations BW toys. However, the average 6 year old wasn't. A wasp, a rat, and a rhino. One of those would seem cool to a kid, OR to a parent shopping for a kid. The reports of shelfwarming BW figs back that up. As far as TT making MP BW figs, that was addressed by someone else pointing out that TT caters to collectors far more than Hasbro does. And when those come out, I guess the sales figures will tell the tale there, but I can already imagine they will do better in the collector market than the T30 figs did in standard retail.

We had the same issue with the Universe 2.0 BW figs, kids just didn't want them. And before you bring up the engineering of them, for the most part kids will just play with stuff, they don't care. If they did, one step changers would fail hard, and going by my children and the children of my family and friends, they did NOT fail with the kids. So everyone who has the theory that 6 year olds or their mothers were surfing Peaugh's reviews before purchasing, I'm gonna say that's false.

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I think you proved my point lol

16. Verno

News Credits:
    The argument put forward was that 'beasts' don't sell. Not Beast Wars, but simply beasts.

I'm all for beasts of all shapes and sizes. Robotic and organic. And Hasbro seem to have no problem with robotic beasts. TR is replete with them. This thread is about updated G1 Dinobots. I believe they'd sell like hotcakes, being bought by long-term fans and children alike.

17. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Think we would ever see chug Dinobots with some Vaccine metal Chromed parts?

18. Verno

News Credits:
    Hasbro would release painted versions. TT would step it up with some chrome :D 

19. Fenrir Zero

In my defense, I do not bother with the IDW/G1 fiction. So what you said is nothing but news to me. :lol 

But with how they are handling things...

2014 = 30th anniversary of the series. (Thrilling 30)
    2016 = 30th anniversary of the "Scramble City" combiner era. (Combiner Wars)
    2017 = 30th anniversary of the Headmaster and Targetmaster eras. (Titans Return)
    2018 = 30th anniversary of the Powermaster and Pretender eras.
    2019 = 30th anniversary of the Micromaster era.
    2020 = 30th anniversary of the Action Master era. (Lets pray this never happens.)
    2022 = 30th anniversary of the Generation 2 era.
    2026 = 30th anniversary of the Beast Wars era.
    2027 = 30th anniversary of the Machine Wars era.

Which has me believe they will repeat a "Titans Return" with the Powermaster gimmick. It's cheap, easy to design, and IDW has a staff that could make this work. And I say that because if they can go from the issues fans have brought up in the beginning, to this... The only thing they have failed at is writing a good reason for the fans to have modern toy versions of the Dinobots. :lol 

20. Fenrir Zero

Whatever you say, Mister Teapot. I hope you are having fun that claiming that I am a "Black Pot" while disregarding the rules. But hey... Place me on ignore, since the acting moderator that responds to your attack will suggest we do that. :thumb