Hasbro Transformers Team Poll: Prototype or Standard Retail TR Galvatron Mask?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Aug 22, 2016.

?

Which Titans Return Galvatron Mask Do You Prefer? (Explain why in your post)

1. Prototype

68 vote(s)
    76.4%
  2. Standard Retail Release

21 vote(s)
    23.6%
  1. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The Transformers Brand Manager at Hasbro recently revealed in an interview that him and his team read Transformers blogs and message boards to find out what fans want and what we like/dislike.

Well here's your chance. Alot of debate has gone on about the Titans Return Galvatron Mask especially now that it was revealed that the prototype had a different mask.

If we voice our opinions loud enough, they'll hear us. And who knows, maybe one day they'll release the prototype mask as an exclusive if enough fans like us come out and say that we like it better. At the very least, someone at shapeways will see a market for it and make a near perfect replica of the prototype mask.

Here are pics. Not mine. Credit goes out to the originator. Whoever you are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Edit**: Someone posted asking whether the prototype is a helmet that you slide over the headmaster or if it's a mask like the standard retail release. It has been confirmed by board members who have owned a copy of the prototype (see the links to the threads below) that the mask is a spring-loaded, flip out mask just like the retail version. The only difference between the two is the sculpt:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1085108-tr-galvatron-prototype-alternate-head-mask.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/992175-tf-prototypes.html

2. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Definitely the prototype. It looks more natural because it actually looks like it's trying to be a helmet, instead of just a piece of face loosely floating in front of a head.

3. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    I went with prototype, but neither of them feel right. Messing with the figure i feel like there has to have been a way to do something like the leader class helmets.

4. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    Prototype doesn't really look like Galvatron too me.

5. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The prototype helmet looks so much better than the standard release helmet.
    I doubt Hasbro will cave in, but it would be nice to have the prototype head in the G1 cartoon colors.

6. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The prototype actually makes the concept the designers had work. The production version looks like some kind of half assed redesign, whether it be to make it more G1 and less IDW, for budget (prototype is a tiny bit more plastic) or maybe for safety reasons (crown's a bit pointier).

7. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    As a die hard Generation One fan above all else, I prefer the standard retail release TR Galvatron Mask.

Don't get me wrong the prototype is nice too. But, IMO its too samurai-like and makes the head look too bulky and it also makes the face look too fat.

8. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero TakaraTomy AFA Collector

Being a Japanese Generation One fan, and one that is doing hardcore research on its many likes, I also voted for the original.

My only complaint about the Japanese version of the figure was both the fact that the mask was not flush... And the color was a shade too light. Same with the Hasbro version, with the coloring being too dark.

But the prototype? I agree with TyrantGalvatron when he detailed the fact that it comes off as too bulky.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You've stated it pretty much perfectly. The prototype one looks a lot better. And it would be nice to get an idw styled head.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    To me, it's a lateral move. I voted retail, but I wouldn't have been any more happy or less happy if we'd gotten the prototype helmet.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the prototype a bit more, though it's hard to say for certain with just the idealized CG render and a mostly-white test shot.

(for all I know a full-color production version might bring out the worst in that helmet/mask.

12. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I kinda like the prototype better aswell. I mean, it's kinda closest to galvatron. But it doesn't mean Hasbro will have to ditch the "Final" version of the helmet. But they should use the prototype version for sure.

Heck, Maybe while were at it, could we plan on asking hasbro use the other unused head molds in some way?

I really wanna see if Hasbro could find a use for em'.

Like that Demolishor CW head and that Head that was hinted on RTS Lugnut's instructions. Maybe for multipack stuff.

I know i would be asking for too much, but man, when a unused tooling gets my attention, i want that thing used!

13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Retail. Can't stand the IDW look or whatever the hell it is. This coincides with the anniversary of the 1986 movie so I think the more G1 mask was the natural choice.

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Same reason

15. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The prototype is much better. Galvatrons final mask...thing...looks like it has melted.

His prototype helmet adds a bit of bulk and does a better job of capturing Galvatron whilst fitting with the size of the body. The retail version makes his head look tiny, whilst still hiding the face and looking oddly squished.

16. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like these posts, a lot. Feels like its more than just me emailing and telling Hasbro some ideas (That they have implemented in the UK). I think its too late now though, like if we get a re-release of Galvatron, it'd be too soon since I can just get fakebusters helmet. Then again, I would love to have a fully functioning Hasbro helmet

17. Imperator

Imperator Confirmed ninja consultant

Well hang on a second. It's about practicality more than anything else. The retail mask looks fine, but it sits too far from the face and the mechanism prevents the lot from properly turning.

This prototype version, is it a helmet that goes over the head? Is it a mask like the retail version? Does it allow the whole head to turn more freely?

Without knowing the above, I can't make an informed decision.

18. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The prototype is a spring loaded, flip out mask just like the standard retail release. The only difference between the two is the sculpt.

19. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I would love to hear from Hasbro designers as to why the style of the mask was changed so far along in the process. If a prototype was actually made, you would assume that it was very close to being produced that way.

The educated guesses like the pointiness of the spires on the crown (safety concern), to make Galvatron look more G1 and less IDW, or budget reasons etc. have been really good thus far.

20. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    What about a Galvatron Titan Master pack with the prototype mask glued to the Headmaster and a small vehicle (ala Apeface, Crashbash, Skytread etc.)? It seems like Hasbro could easily do something like that.