Hasbro Transformers Preview Night at NYCC 2015

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Really? That sucks. I was expecting it to be around 2 PM ET.

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Next year is going to be expensive.

3. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    If everything holds up? Yes. Yes, indeed..

4. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Blaster looks great, can't wait to see what Takara does with it :) 

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Wow. After being so bored with Combiner Wars of late (don't get me wrong, it has a lot of amazing figures but it's just stagnating right now) and not touching RID, this is so amazing.

Almost everything is something I NEED.

Voyager Galvatron looks perfect, and the perfect size. The jet mode is superfluous, but I'm not complaining because the other modes don't seem to suffer. It's basically an official fan-mode.

Leader Blaster... sploosh. He looks so good. Going to get him and the eventual Soundwave remold.

Love the individual heads. Probably going to get both Decepticons because I like their vehicles the most. What a fun little play pattern.

Hardhead and Skullcruncher look great. Perfect G1 updates.

Rewind is perfect. Just perfect. The tank mode is oddly cute, the phone mode has a clever cassette background, and the robot mode is perfect.

Stripes is really oddly endearing. The tiger mode is oddly fat and the tail is atrocious, but it makes it charming for some reason. The jet mode looks so stupid, but it's got a Thunderbirds-esque appeal, plus thanks to Hooligan I am legally mandated to get any tiger-striped jets.

Warrior Quillfire and Thunderhoof will be my first RID purchases (other than a $1 Legion Ultra Magnus). Quillfire's robot mode is just really pleasantly unique, and Thunderhoof's alt-mode is great. I love the variety.

6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow......i'm excited for next year.

bruticus is already on my wishlist and it's great to see him on display

blaster....meh pass...i don't really like leader sized figures unless the robot in question is suppose to be huge just like magnus and jetfire which i was fine with. voyager legend and deluxes are my scales.

galvatron....sooooooo happy he's voyager i'm all in for this guy. love the fact his headmaster is a mini megatron.

hardhead and skullcruncher...yes yes yes bought so fast. they look amazing.

rewind....well it's about time...now to just wait on chromedome.

really like the RiD decepticons...that line sorely needed cons and they picked some great ones. the new molds look great especially that fracture.

all in all i'm happy and can't wait....bring em all on.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If they're selling the head standalone my guess is there is no Deluxe Nightbeat to go with it. Unless they pack a different head in with a blue and yellow cop car and call it something else.

Which is unfortunate for anybody who was a fan of guys like Nightbeat, Horribull, or Siren.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can I just say that as a Galvatron fan I think this toy is ugly? I'm just not feeling it. Sure, it is way better than that tank abomination they gave us several years ago, but he still looks off.

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    These are some great looking toys but what's most impressing me right now is how much positive buzz Hasbro is generating with just this small preview event. We've only seen about three quarters of wave one of the 2016 line and I'm already completely sold.

10. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

I wasn't digging the extra Headmasters at first, but thinking about swapping them to see what the look like with other figures, especially Blaster and Galvatron, and the fact that they work with Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader class has made me really excited for these guys. I cannot believe they work with so many size classes, the must be tiny.:) 

11. steelsalami

steelsalami Well-Known Member

I can see these being used in the takara diaclone line.

12. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I hadn't thought of that.
    I think Blaster looks wicked awesome, and even his weird 3rd mode is kinda neat (although I really wish they hadn't made all his cassettes into triple-changers, because I think they are deeply compromised to do so) and while I think Blaster looks great as-is, who knows what the Takara version will do to make it (probably) better.

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, so far, this is my one major disappoint about the line, the idea that the stand-alone heads might mean no larger bodies for those characters. I'd have gone with more obscure heads (although i suppose aside from Nightbeat these guys are all fairly obscure) or maybe drawn some inspiration from some of the Japan exclusive heads or even made up some new ones.

Nightbeat and Siren are even more surprising to me since with some minor remolding you could do both (+ Minerva!) from one mold -vs- a lot of the 87 Headmasters which don't have an obvious choice for a remold/deco.

Still, we've only seen a chunk of the first wave, and the line will likely have at least 6 waves, so they've got plenty of room to get to some of these guys.

Most of my excitement for this line comes primarily from the fact that, back in G1, the Headmasters were when i felt the line started to seriously go downhill ~ they were blocky and chunky and had simpler transformations: but the mostly had good core designs, they just weren't as engaging to me as the 84-86 ranges. Now we are getting them executed with modern engineering, the way i'd always imagined them to be when i was a kid. that's pretty cool.

I do hope they keep the 84/85 shoe-ins to a reasonable minimum though (accepting we will get some, gotta keep those Trademarks in circulation ~ Wonder if we'll get a Seeker or Datsun Bro head?), and focus on the 87/88 cast for this line.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I can't wait for the official Generations panel at NYCC tonight to see the rest of the TR figures. I hope Rodimus is among the 86 movie bots since it wouldn't make sense to have Galvatron without Rodimus.

15. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Aw man! I wanted a Nightbeat figure! Well, at least we got a Galvatron...
    :( 

16. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    What's the story with the red and gold Windblade next to Bruticus?

17. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    She's just there because she's, "crucial", to Combiner Wars. That's what I read.

18. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Isn't that Titan Hunter Windblade? Makes sense she'd be there for Titan Wars or what have you.

19. G1 Warpath

G1 Warpath Well-Known Member

But of course, when Takara does these figures, all the hollowness is fine, right? Right? Also, Blaster's original figure was larger than Prime, so I don't know what you think you're talking about.

20. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, it's the Combiner Hunter figure. If her headsculpt looked more like the IDW design, I'd be interested in getting it.