Hasbro toys to get more expensive as costs surge

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Exastiken, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Just to explain it more for the others:

Toysmage doesn't have Designers to pay, Sales quotas to meet, Investors to please, Make multiple prototypes and redesigns for any QC issues, or pay other staff like management, marketing, and executives.

Takara does.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reminds me of the line in Back To the future 2. The price of hover converting you car in 2015, $99999.95.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thanks guys for that insight.

4. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I'll just have to be more selective in what I buy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I’m misreading your tone as sarcastic but it’s just not common knowledge how this market works. In the case of toys like these, variable production costs are farther removed from what consumers pay than most people realize.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's cool man my tone sometimes come off as sarcastic, but anyways I'm trying to get a bit of understanding about how Hasbro toys are getting more expensive as costs surges.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think you're giving credit to the wrong people, in the end, here.

The Hartman Brothers PAID Hasbro for access to those molds and Hasbro obliged because it was a moneymaker move for them to reproduce those molds in different colors with swapped heads and accessories. Hasbro didn't care, the Hartman Brothers did. And honestly, with the way things were priced, no one actually cared beyond a certain point, for the fans. If you've ever been given the impression we matter beyond a paycheck, you've been sadly misinformed.

Sorry to burst that bubble.

I used to think we mattered, and these current Pulse livestreams make it seem like it, but I've known for years we're nothing more than a customer for them to sell a product to. They only cater to us and worry about what we want, right now, because that's where the sales are leading. Once we get to a point where we don't care anymore, or get complacent, they'll take notice (we're not there, yet, but who knows what the future holds), once they realize we're not their bread and butter anymore, they'll neglect us in a heartbeat.

This is not hating on Hasbro, this is just telling the cold, hard truth. Once people realize we're nothing more than customers they call "fan" and exploit our wallets, the more realistic their expectations will be.

There's nothing inherently wrong with that transaction, that's how business works, but don't get emotional about it. In that situation, the only one getting played is ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021
  8. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

The most important thing you and everyone else here needs to understand is that we are not Hasbro’s customers and we are not (necessarily) impacted by the prices of Hasbro products.

We are not the primary audience of the CFO’s statement. Hasbro executives are unconcerned with MSRP because that isn’t really how they make money.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I’m turned off when the business side of things are described in such transactional terms. You’re not wrong- at the end of the day it’s all about “units sold.” And I get it, if “listening” to fans helps sell more units, that’s what Hasbro will do or pretend to do. They’re not here to give us hugs when we had a tough day at work.

Regardless of all of that, Hasbro has become a lot more “fan-oriented” over the years (IMO). And I appreciate that. (I know it’s only because they want our dollars but still…)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Firelight78

Firelight78 Member

Mech Fans Toys if you have not checked come in under that price if you are not shopping in the U.S. I paid around 30 a piece for the headmasters..but places like Tfsource are pricing them up..an the have better articulation then the has/Tak..

11. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

Ah, same, i remember when just 3 years ago deluxes were $19.99

12. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    In a sudden turn of events that suprises nobody, the thread has now turned into comparing Hasbro and 3p yet again even though it's quite fucking literally comparing apples to oranges. I swear it's like a revolving door for this stuff.

• Like Like x 9
  13. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

I would never buy 3p, I dont trust them, I'd rather pay more from hasbro

14. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Oh i'm well aware of P-Bandai as i've been collecting since very-late 2014.
    I have at least 20 P-Bandai kits, probably a bit more.
    Thankfully i collect High Grades mainly as P-Bandai Master Grades are regularly over £100 cos of scalpers.

15. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Aren't these knock offs as well, though? Basically they take the designs of others and upscale them. Unless they've changed significantly since then or something.

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're actually doing their own stuff now.

17. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Listen, there's no way I'll ever accept any explanation for price increases until Hasbro does not employ any executives making more than $80k a year. Until then, the price increases are solely intended to justify these huge salaries for damn near useless eaters at the top of a very top heavy hierarchy. Just like nearly every single company in this world that we continue to choose to do business with.

The simple fact is that we don't have the power to hurt Hasbro. Not even if we all stopped buying. If one reed turns itself into the flow of the river, the river's course does not change. Not even if every single reed turns into the flow of the river will the river's course change. We are reeds, and reeds do not dictate the course of rivers.

Enjoy overpaying for figures so Hasbro executives can make unrealistic salaries just like the Barons and Dukes of old. We are still peasants :) 

Who wants to tell me why NFTs are horrible. I'm not caught up on the subject.

• Like Like x 1
  18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm all for bring executive pay down to a less exorbitant level, but $80K seems unnecessarily low.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Lol

20. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Maybe. It was an arbitrary number. I think I picked that because above 80k was the cutoff for covid stimulus payments (or above that amount your payment would gradually reduce to zero)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.