Hasbro Toy Shop Website: Ending Direct Brand Sales; 2/8/19: to be merged with Hasbro Pulse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Dec 3, 2018.

1. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    So will we be able to buy Transformers? That's all I care about, I would like to think that Hasbro would be able to sell them at retail AND have them available before Target or Walmart, I mean once they send out their shipments to those department stores or elsewhere, they are paid etc.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Considering it’s essentially supposed to be a completely new website a new account is kind of a necessity. It’s also not something that is difficult to do

No reason why transformers won’t be on the site really

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You do love taking me to task lately. *sigh* And while it's not difficult, it's annoying on the 6th time. (Yes, I've had to redo it 5 times between the different iterations.) It's tiring and aggravating.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Damn, yea 5 or 6 times does definitely get old. Hopefully with an updated site it’ll be the last time for awhile though :) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Hope these lazy a-holes will pick up the slack from their cancellation of the Fan Club... :mad: 
    I guess we've had a trickle of the 3 "Prime Wars Trilogy" exclusives + Grotusque and Arcee,
    but the amount of limited TF's has dropped waaaaay back lately, which is not cool.

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    The number of retail exclusives has actually increased over the last couple of years and doesn’t seem to be slowing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I just took a look at Hasbro's official aliexpress site, and they have these figures listed at 25cm (~10inches). Are these upscaled versions of: Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime I'd ask there, but that thread was closed almost 2-years ago). From what I've read there, these weren't great figures, and from a youtube video I saw, these seemed smaller than 10inches. While on the surface, $49 for a 10" figure (leader class?) doesn't seem like a deal, but with an additional $12 off with the "Save $2 off every $15 spent" coupons, some might have interest in these particular "Rise of Rodimus Prime" figures, (especially if they're upscaled to ~10inches?). Can anyone confirm or deny 10-inch versions of these figures and/or improvements? I know sometimes upscaled "Deformations" on AE improve on things.

US $98.44 45% OFF|Aliexpress.com : Buy Hasbro Transformers Toys Rise of Rodimus Prime Model Deformable Galvatron Autobots Action Figure Collection Model Dolls Cartoy from Reliable Action & Toy Figures suppliers on Shop4509021 Store

View attachment 28170263

View attachment 28170269

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    That size given is wrong, they were never upsized

9. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I love buying on HTS. I've had nothing but good experiences there.

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Scroll down. The sizes are 15cm.

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Because it's impossible to import/export between databases. Does Hasbro have any IT people here or are they all in India? Don't answer; the situation with their abortion of a website says it all.

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    You do realize them taking the site down for a rebuild is them acknowledging that their site sucks. The database may not be worth transferring. Maybe the new site will operate on a different programming language. There’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff that you and I don’t know about so you should stop pretending like you’re the grand king poobah of knowing everything

13. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about international shipping this time?

14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Curated = Guaranteed never to have anything worth buying

Seriously, I think it's going to be the exact opposite of this. You're not wrong about people not buying kid-oriented toys from HTS, but that doesn't mean I don't think HTS is going to attempt more of exactly that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RKillian

News Credits:
    And if you knew what I do, you'd know the site's programming language has nothing to do with the database. SQL is the standard for every relational database model out there from Access to Oracle and has been for decades. You may as well defend moving exclusively to Edge or even an iPhone app because the screen layout is different.

They just don't want to map the data. They're making a classical business software mistake thinking their customers won't just sign up somewhere else. People take the path of least resistance and not carrying over accounts removes that advantage. That's not even accounting for their site being so bad, between its broken search, sluggish interface, and poor availability, that it was the last ditch alternative if every other option was exhausted.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    A: don’t really care what you do because you come across as a belligerent know it all
    B: it generally takes less than 5 minutes to sign up for an account on a website, you’re making a big deal out of nothing

17. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry I brought it up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RKillian

News Credits:
    HTS selling on Walmart.com, eBay, Amazon, etc shows that they're not getting the traffic they want on their own site. You don't pay these platforms 15% commission for no reason.

19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

A lot of retailers are selling on these platforms today. And, as a point of interest, when a company declares they will start selling on Amazon, their stock price JUMPS! :eek: 

Amazon and Walmart have a larger pool of customers, so it makes sense to sell there.

This isn't about not selling on your site, but about reaching NEW CUSTOMERS. There's a metric for calculating the cost of acquiring new customers, and a 15% selling fee may be a pittance to the true marketing costs of getting people to buy your product.

So Walmart sales are not necessarily diluting HTS traffic or hurting direct sales.

Further, HTS includes a discount flier (to their own site) in every shipping box, potentially luring Walmart/Amazon customers to HTS and creating a repeat customer.

All of that said, I wonder why Hasbro never considered printing the HTS website on the products themselves. :confused:  You'd think that when they disclaim the availability of all products in all markets, they might want to suggest buying directly from their warehouse. But clearly, this might antagonize their wholesale customers (even though I doubt Walmart would even notice the packaging advert!).

• Like Like x 1
  20. RKillian

News Credits:
    There's a difference between Billy's Toy Store in Podunk Pennsyltucky using a marketplace's marketing infrastructure and a national brand doing it. You do know how it worked out for Toys R Us to neglect their own operations year after year, right?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019