Hasbro to Phase Plastic out of Toy Packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Actually the majority of the QC issues I have now are joints too loose/ tight, tolerances, part interferences, etc which CAN NOT be seen through any plastic window.

Examples: my TR sentinel prime headmaster (forgot name) has such loose knees he can't stand up. Same with potp vector prime. Also, tr krok has super loose hips. None of these issues can be seen through a plastic bubble.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a massive difference between a hunk of plastic that remains in a person's possession for years, if not decades, and then passes to another individual and a piece of plastic that gets pulled out of packaging and then gets dumped in landfill.

If people just bought a toy, looked at it, and then threw it in the trash, you might have a valid argument.

• Like Like x 12
  3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Maybe they should replace the plastic toys with paper and cardboard ones. You buy a book, punch out the pieces, fold and assemble! That would also solve the high prices...

• Like Like x 3
  4. grindcore138

grindcore138 ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

News Credits:
    I believe this is what the kids would call a Galaxy Brain Take.

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    And, for the millionth time, the article itself references an existing toy recycling program.

Hasbro, right now, will take used toys, break them down, and convert them into new products.

• Like Like x 3
  6. pluto

pluto Well-Known Member

A of all consumer rights do not exceed human rights.
    B of all, um, wood is definitely a renewable resource bud. On the other hand, single use plastics are toxic to life and the detritus of them is writhing around in your DNA by this point. Anything large corporations do to minimise their use is a net good for the biosphere.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I don't know if you know this but you can have pro-environmental opinions for some things and be less environmentally conscious about other things because your ALL or NOTHING approach to viewing things basically means you either can only exist in modern society or be some weird wild man who lives in the jungle.

You're hung up on the window thing. Some of us are not. It's a difference of opinion and that's okay.

• Like Like x 4
  8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want the dang figures. As long as they come to me in one piece, not swapped or stolen or broken, I'm good. I don't care if the box has a window or not. If the environment can be helped at all by this, GREAT! If it saves a worker from being forced to do one more job or be treated like a slave to apply a plastic bubble or window to a box, even better than great.

Is it so wrong to want Transformers toys to be remotely ethical to some degree? (Yeah, yeah, I know I've opened a can of worms. Here we go.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Very cool. I hope others follow. There's still much that needs to be done.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Don't know about you, but we recycle everything. That's why we have 4 trash cans, one for paper, one for bio waste, one for valuable substances and one for the rest.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

You first.

Or do you need actual examples of being a hypocrite from somebody who spent his time looking up facts in less time it took you to verbally attack both Hasbro and those who buy their product? I mean it took me a single second to find out the word "bioplastic" is a real thing, and before spending another second finding out that this was first reported on March 8, 2018. With first page follow-ups ending on Sepetember 6, 2018. All just by typing "Hasbro Bioplastics". And they all say the same thing:

- Hasbro is planning to start using bio-polyethylne terephthalate (aka "bioPET) for both blister packs, plastic windows and other types of plastics. This is a plant-based material that would have them shift from recycled materials to ones found in things like sugar cane.

So you want examples of hypocrisy? Look at every person claiming to either be a collector or fan. Now phase out those who do not use their collection, their expertise on anything they focus on, or their so-called "social status" as an excuse to either berate or bully those they know nothing about. What you have left are not just those who not only create excuses for their own hypocrisies, but also do it because they have others fueling their own self-entitlement. The rest are either nervous or lazy, not hypocrites.

Which leads me back to my opening statement: You first. Because if you are what you claim to be, nothing you said would have been said at all. Just like those claiming to be fans and collectors have the right to dictate their "truths" are the ones others should believe. Especially when it comes to companies they claim to support, lines they claim to collect, and those they know nothing about. Which is one of the two factors that has me wonder what my life would be like if there was a fan forum where the members only talked about the facts.

So instead of continuing with the obvious, note that I am not attacking you. You can claim otherwise but it would be a total falsehood. Somewhere in the realm that Bruce Wayne shows apathy to those he confronts whenever he dresses up as Batman. But if you need me to explain why I returned to post this, politely ask me to. There is a non-dick answer to it, and there is a reason why I also do not blame you for being that angry towards some members that you might meet online. Just not approving the execution so I'll end this with that fact.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

I literally had to look this up. The whole thing sounds like one group of stupid people calling another group of stupid people the stupid ones. While they themselves have no clue what they are defending or talk about. So I'll let you decide on my take on what you said since I might offend those who are sensitive. :thumb 

13. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    While it's great for the environment, I do have a concern regarding the quality of the toy much like the other who stated here. Most of my Transformers toys are from Hasbro India now. I have noticed varying quality, especially the pain applications. So, I compare through the blister pack and buy the best one. Also, if the toy is open, I've often seen broken ones due to various reasons. Also, hot climates often affect the toys. So, I have to wait and see how this goes.

14. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    99 cent store KO quality at 3rd party prices seems to be the future of all things Hasbro.

Bravo Hasbro Bravo. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    If nothing else, the part where you suddenly scream in allcaps automatically disqualified your post from having any argumentative value whatsoever.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So G1 reissues in original style packaging are done by 2022?

• Like Like x 1
  17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    :throw 

this ^^

every little bit helps while not becoming an outcast from society

as i previously stated i recycle everything , i buy biodegradable bags , i'm a vegatarian , what i forgot to mention if i can i will buy things made up of recycled stuff.... i try to do something which is better than nothing

in my longer post i said one day we will have to cut back on non essential plastics which will kill our hobby .... i'm fully aware i buy plastic toys but by the time i have kicked the bucket we would have found out a way of breaking that plastic down safely there are already people working on this sort of thing there were a group of students that found a way of breaking it down into it original components ( i can't find the link for this ) , a mushroom has been found that actually eats plastic which is being studied more and it is reckoned these could help clear our landfills , a student discovered a plastic eating bacteria , some scientists accidently created a plastic eating enzyme , a 23 year old created a way of breaking down plastic film that can't be recycled

Scientists discovered a mushroom that eats plastic, and believe it could clean our landfills.

Plastic-eating bacteria discovered by student could help solve global pollution crisis

Scientists accidentally create mutant enzyme that eats plastic bottles

23-Year-old Invents Method to Break Down Unrecyclable Plastic Film into Valuable Liquids

there has even been found a way of breaking down styrofoam

These 3 Teens Figured Out a Brilliant Way to Recycle Styrofoam

i'm sure there is probably more out there too!! it's too late for all the microplastics around our planet but we might be able to reduce any further contamination and things like reducing a little bit of plastic on single use throw away packaging is a huge step lets remember this is aimed at mainly childrens toys and games not collectors who keep the packaging

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  18. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Reminds me of the time Foldabots was around 2006-16. God I miss those stuff.

19. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Solutions are rarely 'perfect' at first go.
    But at least it's nice to see that Hasbro is progressively looking forward.

20. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Read more, there's nothing said about them eliminating packaging features that happen to use petroleum-based plastics now.

Can we add something to the first post about the bioplastics? Perhaps what Fenrir Zero posted that was a report from last year?