Hasbro to Phase Plastic out of Toy Packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But how else can I feel smugly superior without actually doing anything? :( 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Can't go wrong with a toy and a snack. :wink: 

• Like Like x 2
  3. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    I would imagine this al but dooms the G1 packaging going forward since the big draw was the repro packaging with the plastic...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

Haha! Basically what’s been going on since this thread started. It’s an extreme stretch for people to claim that people don’t care about the environment because they are concerned about swaps, paint and factory errors but the same people that are concerned also say they support this.

• Like Like x 4
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Show of hands, who else knew they were going to move the goalposts like this?

Except...why does it worry you? Toys have been sold like this for decades.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

I don\'t really care if they change the packaging.  All I would like to know is if they do this, that it will stablize the pricing? 

7. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Likely. But I also expect they weren't planning on rolling out too many of such reissues deep into 2020. If they do continue, maybe they can make a special exception for those specific figures.

8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO DONT OPEN THEM AND JUST STARE AT THEM IN A BOX WONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SEE NOW!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

first of all i never said non windowed boxes have never existed second i said mps have qc issues, your'e unintentionally arguing that mps dont have anymore qc than retail oriented lines

10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Nothing to do with pricing just expect what we’ve been getting for 10 years now. Increases

11. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Well that's a stupid retort. We are the collectors and therefore it is the issue for us. The point of stating it was that it by not having plastic, us collectors can't be picky and ensure we get the best one. Stating it's a child's toy or that we are not the primary TA is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand which already acknowledges those things. But hey if your fine with not having the choice as a collector to have the best product by looking at the product first, go right ahead and feel that way, but know that you feeling that way doesn't negate the high standards of a collector who could discriminate in his purchases and the fact that this is taken away from them with a removal of plastic windows.
    My solution of upping the QC was my accurate albeit unrealistic method to ensure collectors have nothing to complain about.
    Some people need to learn how to argue.
    That said, I don't even care as I would just take the shitty product back to the store and tell them it's defective, or lump it if the figure isn't that bad or that expensive. This is hardly something to argue with me so vehemently on. You must be more bored than me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Venixion

News Credits:

Which is what we've all been saying. We're happy about the effect on the environment, some people have posted packaging ideas that are already in effect that people seemed okay with etc. I don't get why some people don't see that?

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Honestly the best part of the announcement was that they provide a recycling service for these things even now. Because lord knows when I finally check-out there's a good chance my son would otherwise have NO clue what to do with all of the antique plastic robots that I never let him touch and he wants no part of.

Hell, I may just write it into my will: "Look, son. Feel free to keep one or two that may mean something to you...but the rest are just fine going to the recycling center if you don't know anyone who'll help you price these out and sell."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

How on earth did I move the goalposts?
    I’m done discussing this with you because you seem to be fixed on the idea that people who are concerned somehow had a tantrum which we all know isn’t true with a quick read of all the posts in this thread. I support this decision but am concerned if we are still able to view the paint etc but I did not throw a tantrum.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They do. But when you can buy those necessities on your app and then pull right up to the pick-up area, press a button, and someone brings those necessities to your car, how long before more and more people see the appeals of convenience over spending finding a parking spot, walking around the store, and dealing with a check-out that is under manned or half of the self checkouts aren't working all because they want to stroll through the toy aisle (and with all the whines and moans on here about "distribution" apparently all to find nothing)?

And if you have small children and have to wrestle them in and out of their car seats and through the store and then back again with a cart full of groceries... forget about it! Stay in the car and bring on the future.

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'm not the one with the time to waste checking paint apps but go off.

17. Venixion

News Credits:

Because sound logic impairs their ability to throw a holier-then-thou tantrum Mini.

Doncha know we're all a bunch of filthy polluters? ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I also wonder how they will package up star wars vintage and 40th Ann. TESB figures.

19. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Though 100% correct, what I got out of this post...

THERE WAS A LAMBO MASK TOY???

• Like Like x 2
  20. Venixion

News Credits:

Tbh, the very idea of that sounds depressing. I mean its great for people who aren't very mobile n stuff, but getting out n about is important. Even if your just picking up something mundane like toilet paper.

• Like Like x 1