Hasbro To Generate NFTs Based On Transformers And G.I. Joe Properties

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Should have joined the First Order when you had the chance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Disregarding the environmental impact (a very valid concern), I don't get why people have to be so snobby about how "ridiculous" NFTs are. We have real world counterparts of this all over the place that are accepted just fine. Look at pokemon cards. Any company could produce an exact copy of a holofoil Charizard. But collectors value stuff like first editions and that it came from the official company. AKA they value the authenticity and the artificial scarcity imposed by a company mass printing a piece of printed cardboard. NFTs are no different. They're just a way of verifying that you got something special and rare.

Or if we want to relate it to specifically this board. How many times have we had people here go, "I won't buy 3rd party toys. I only get officially licensed stuff from Hasbro." Because there's some mental aspect to owning the "real deal" toys. It's not somehow more stupid just because an asset is digital. These collectors still get their limited specialty thing and a way to prove it.

Probable example for this community. I see Transformers animation cels on ebay all the time. Those don't exist for the CGI shows. Now they can. And we can all continue collecting our useless garbage. I personally won't be buying any Hasbro NFTs because I don't like the mechanics in the NFT spec right now and I have other issues with it, but I don't blame anyone who wants their collectible, no matter its format.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    For original artists looking to sell their own artwork on a digital format(almost all art is made digitally these days) it’s not a bad thing, but when large corporations do it they are just trying to scam you out of your money.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant wait for the world to end and people will plan out massive heists to claim the riches of long dead billionaires. Expecting mountings of gold, diamonds, fine art and all sorts of things people will kill for all they find are a few old WB portable hard drives with NFT's wrote in sharpie. People would have died getting to these vaults and their reward is a shitty meme.

I actually don't have a massive problem with the idea (outside the power to generate the blockchain element). But I feel like when I first heard about them it was a way for digital artists to in some way issue digital prints and have these goods have a similar level or worth to their real life counterparts. But like over two weeks it just became a gold rush of art theft ultimately making life worse for artists.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

That's why Laser Prime's trailer showed him burning the forest. :p 

• Like Like x 7
  6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    KO's still actually exist, whether paper or plastic, and there's a finite amount of then. A jpg doesn't exist, and can be produced infinitely.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I'm going to draw a shitty shit meme and make an NFT of it and sell it to someone just in case this future comes true. Come on everyone, let's get on the shit train!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro announces Optimus Prime's new motto: Freedom is the right of all shareholders, benefactors, and 6-figure earning suits!

• Like Like x 13
  9. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Now that's desperate flailing to jump on a bandwagon!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Metalwario64

I was willing to pay higher prices to a point, but this is seriously making me consider boycotting Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  11. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I first heard about NFTs when WWE mentioned them a few months ago but I had no idea what NFTs were. But thanks to the video, I've a better idea and wow, that is crazy amounts of money being thrown around. But to be honest, I even have trouble grasping cryptocurrency and it hasn't affected my life too much not caring about Bitcoin so I think I can do without NFTs too. It does sound batshit crazy though. >_<

• Like Like x 4
  12. Saiyun not munky

Saiyun not munky Banned

This shit is scary, man. Your world is scary.
    I'm gonna crawl back to the slums where we pay each other with dried dog shit and don't kill other people with laser swords because someone stole another guy's meme.

Also that guy is literally the Indian version of an ex colleague of mine. Just saiyan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I guess they’re big enough to be able to afford to take part in a scam, get scammed AND help decent artists get scammed at the hands of terrible ones.

14. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I’m concerned, if they go through with this then buying KOs and third party toys, and pirating whatever media we want will not only be good, but a moral imperative.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least for the comparison between an NFT and a Pokemon card, a Pokemon card is a physical object you can hold and that is how you say you own it. Because you have it, you are the only one who does have that specific one, and no one else can use it unless you lend it to them. And a company really can't produce that exact copy because it then violates the Pokemon Company's copyright, and they'll probably rip the reproducer a new one with legal battles, a battle they'll almost assuredly win. An image doesn't have any of that, or an .mp4 file (at least less of one). There is an infinite amount of both of them, they're just data that anyone can copy and have for themselves. If I want a funny picture that I know I'll lose, I can just save it and now I have my own. I may not own the copyright on it, but I have basically the same thing. And the person who owns that copyright can't do jack shit about that unless I try to use it to make my own money.

Plus, just with how the internet works currently, image macros and memes are one of the backbones of current internet culture, something designed around taking pictures you don't necessarily own and manipulating them for your own ends. People don't view owning the "original" copy of a picture as valuable. They may view the original picture as noteworthy since it has less compression or it's more "pure", but it's not an achievement to be the owner of that original picture since it's just data. An actual, physical painting is different because that is a tangible good. You can't recreate that in the same way a computer can recreate an image.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

With a pandemic that’s killing off half of the population you continue expect me to feel bad for these humans and all this capitalist shit.

All I know is Ha$bro stops doing BW stuff after Kingdom then Im out! The increase in smaller figures, QC issues, the lack of care in stopping the rampant scalping has already having me call quits so this just was the final nail in that big ass coffin. These fuckers already wasted enough of my years with constant dissatisfaction in the BW the did do!

The Extraterrestrials need to show up so they can crash the humans system and I don’t have to continue wasting my time, money, and well-being into this monkey-brained system.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Metalwario64

Yeah, Siege had great KOs, so hopefully I can get what I want through those (UT stuff).

• Like Like x 1
  18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im confused as fuck. Whats the difference between an NFT and a regular ass gif/jpg file? Im officially old as this techno babble BS is going over my head.

And why are these little digital files so destructive to the environment?

• Like Like x 1
  19. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Occular Max looks pretty sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    ... Half the population? Huh.

You can spend a ridiculous amount of money to not really own one and the other is more or less free.

It's like the whole all squares are rectangles but not rectangles are squares thing for people with internet money and no sense of reason.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.