Hasbro To Generate NFTs Based On Transformers And G.I. Joe Properties

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Yay for completely obliterating our already obliterated environment.

eliminating plastic twist ties to sell their plastic toys. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember when you could hold the stuff you owned

• Like Like x 5
  3. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we get a Needlenose NFT please?

;) 

• Like Like x 5
  4. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    only after he wins an official vote for once

• Like Like x 4
  5. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Well, like "free" online games that require micro-transactions, Hasbro has found another way to keep my money in my wallet...

• Like Like x 4
  6. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Lol at the MMC Rep destroying their credibility and marketability.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Never have I been more proud of this community than skimming through this thread.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Totally against this and all blockchain related instruments. If there was a way to do it without literally using more electricity than many countries I would be like "whatever" but as things are now they should all be illegal due to their devastating environmental impact.

• Like Like x 1
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    DLC was the beginning of the end. Entire gaming consoles run solely on digital media now. That genie is never going back in the bottle.

I'm going to be real here. Even if the collector community responds with a boycott (which I doubt will happen, it's the collector community...they don't boycott anything) it's not a big enough market share to make a dent. Especially since most of these NFTs likely won't end up with fans of the franchises.

The best we can hope for is for Hasbro to see the blowback and acknowledge it. Though how they do that to me could dictate where collectors go next.

That said, I absolutely understand if people who are frustrated enough do stop buying Hasbro products.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ve googled it and I still don’t understand what an NFT actually is and why people are angry about it. How does that affect our toys?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    It's bitcoin but art, and each piece requires the energy output of a small country twice over in order to verify. It teeeechnically doesn't. But it is speeding us towards a climate apocalypse that will IMO put a real downer on collecting.

13. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Digital gambling for your kids, Apple and Google still won\'t crack down on it. Hasbro finding a legal way to do it, wrapped in a fancy pacakage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What does it have to do with transforming toys? Still not understanding how if affects the toys...

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It doesn't mean a thing for the toys. But it does mean something for overall energy consumption, depletion of natural resources, and the health of the environment.

Like the guy said, if we have a global environmental catastrophe..it's going to be hard to continue making and selling the products you like.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It likely won't affect the toys. This is just Hasbro going to make big bucks by selling people pictures, and clips of their IP for the same amount as a physical release.
    Basically you'll now be able to buy a link Hasbro stock photography that's hosted on a crypto currency blockchain.

17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think NFTs are a scam, but reading this entire thread, some of these big brained takes are just...
    tenor (2).gif

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, as pretentious art it's one thing but when it's literally a brand new way to just casually scorch the fucking planet to cinders... it's clear whose pockets the people running the world have their hands in.

what sane person in any position of power allows or encourages this to happen when the world is, again, literally dying from it, probably sleeps on a bed of money and will burn in hell eternally. i cannot imagine any more inhumance, short-sighted, narrow and flat-out cartoony evil idea that "wow we can sell stupid hipster art and i'll make money forever and the world can die cuz i have money!"

we should be exploring space by now but the 1% gonna 1% huh?

and no, toys are not on the same level as this. acting like a lot of regular people wanting to enjoy a materialistic hobby is destroying the environment on the same scale or for the same worthless payout as a server that exists to hosts a single image and is actively destroying the world.... is apples and oranges, and is exactly what the people doing this shit want to happen. same way how there were a top 8 companies responsible for a majority of the world's pollution but all those nifty marketing campaigns spun it into "we can sell these idiots metal straws if we make them believe they're the ones who caused all the damage." or " we accidentally dumped a bunch of our oil into the ocean but now we can use it as a way to sell cleaner oil products and dish soap!"

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Just in case a hasbro rep skims this thread. Just to give you a little perspective, I WAS considering picking up studio series Dino, I HAD firm plans to grab studio series thrust and kingdom grimlock. I WANTED the potential MPM '77 bee. I now have no such plans, and judging by this thread, others probably share my sentiment. I realize my $175 USD doesn't even begin to put a dent in your bottom line, but consider whats happening to sega right now and ask yourself, "do I really want people to have one more reason NOT to buy my product, especially after just announcing a price increase"?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I would think so. The latter is more to protect your work in the event that someone else tries to use/reproduce it without your permission. With NFT IIRC anyone can make a reproduction of the image but you own the original file for it.

I guess to better try to explain it from the creative side, some comic artists are mad about this. Long story short, I believe artists fought for rights to keep the original artworks(like pages they penciled/inked/colored) after the pages were already scanned for production. I think an NFT equivalent would be turning the PSD that the colorist used to color the comic in Photoshop, an NFT. Or let’s say a freelance artist gets commissioned to digitally draw Batman and the customer wants an NFT of it. DC doesn’t want that.

More specific to Hasbro, I think they might be trying to make NFTs of the digital files used for Transformers box art. Some of the artists/designers(for Hasbro and IDW) have sold fanart they’ve made on the side as commissions so I’m not sure if this new venture for Hasbro will affect them. Hopefully not. DC has warned all freelancers against it. If Hasbro does you’re going to see a lot of artists mad and rightfully so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.