Hasbro To Focus More On Digital Games

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 8, 2023.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    "Why doesn't Hasbro simply force a major developer to invest millions in a TF title?"

• Like Like x 3
  2. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

As much as I like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge & Streets of Rage 4 those are spectacular compared to Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is where these games are separated from the love they have as fans but in an attempt copy and ride the hype train.

[​IMG]

And that seems the case with Hasbro Retorcade create something fast and hope they make money being cheaply made.
    Why would I say that just by looking at the game in motion there is lack of fluidity from the characters movement and lack of animation in there fights.
    But you can judge it for yourself if you played any of the above you can tell the differences on what looks good and not.

[​IMG]

Won't be surprised if Transformers lacks that fan love.

3. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Man, Wrath of Cobra looks so slow compared to Shredder's Revenge.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 BWII enjoyer and Triceradon's strongest warrior

YouTube (Legacy):
    Referenceing the nostalgic critic is always appreciated. Also is this then just them basically saying all there future game releases aren\'t going to have any psychical release?

5. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so still no news for reactivate? man that game is gonna be our half life 3 isn\'t it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Baldur's Gate 3 is a massive success, so Hasbro knows there's money in big games too. But they have to be given to passionate studios that are allowed to mostly do what they want for other big games to succeed.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Well yeah.

Basically nobody over 5 and under 15 plays with toys anymore, it's all screen time. This was no-shit-sherlock territory a decade ago.

On top of that, GIJoe is a real hard sell in a global toy market where most of the world isn't as enamored of US military adventurism.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Seeing how development cycles for games are 4-6 years now; it make since they would be G1 Evergreen based.

While the Toyline is stuck in a three year cycle, So the games would look horrible, looking at Earthspark, Cyberverse, and RiD2015.

Studio Series Gamer editions give my hope for multiple rerelease's or remaster's of past TF games beyond WFC; as long as the game exists, toys can exist.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    If they show nothing about Reactivate during Pulsecon then I give up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nem

Nem Reactivate Historian and ROTF Guy

News Credits:
    Pretty much has been since 2020 or so.

There will 100% be nothing. Maybe if we are incredibly incredibly lucky they'll show us the two packs but well both Rise Lifeline and Next Gen Bumblebee (Who I am assuming is Reactivate adjacent) are both scheduled for late 2024 which I think says a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol
    "With toys, the company is focusing on ‘driving out costs, driving up share, and then driving growth’."

What everyone on this site wants to hear.

• Like Like x 4
  12. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Chris Cox, proving that being president of WOTC doesn't make you fit to run a toy company.

I can't wait for him to have Hasbro buy a game dev only to sell it at a 75% loss 3 years later.

• Like Like x 3
  13. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We had a prestige TF game in the past: Devastation

Could it be that the numbers weren't good on that game?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    This really isn't a surprise since the current CEO Chris Cocks was a former Microsoft employee. Hasboro suddenly focusing on games is almost expected when you see the people currently in charge of the company.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

Transformers and G.I. Joe literally have the opposite problem in terms of reaching audiences:

Joe is primarily focused on international counter-terrorism and focuses on the military of a specific country, the USA, which is generally shown allying with countries like Russia/the USSR against violent non-state actors. Aside from the initial invasion of Iraq, this closely resembles the 2000s-2010s political landscape but wouldn’t really fly in a 2020s setting unless it’s explicitly a post-9/11 period piece.

Transformers centers on an all-out drone/robot war between armies that have no loyalty to human nationalities and in many cases have strained relations with them, and focuses on destructive special effects and CGI spectacle. This is an unholy combination of #toosoon and trends that have dominated Hollywood for almost two decades.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should just make an interactive digital toy box and charge us $2 per action figure download...and hire that guy who shows off his interactive G1 models...shoot, I can\'t remember his name now...he posts videos where little G1 guys can transform and move around a backyard.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JustAlex1997

JustAlex1997 Well-Known Member

Nah, too optimistic. They'd 100% use size class pricing.

"We have devised a pricing model which will adjust with the complexity of the individual virtual model."

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2's Strongest Soldier

Oh boy, I can't wait to get inundated by even more Transformers shovelware!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Since they specially used the words "mobile games" and "bringing a premium" to games means bad shit is coming.

The fucking suits in charge clearly only see the shitty practices are making money and will only focus on squeezing as much money out of us as possible by making shitty mobile games and quick lazy cash grab games filled with scummy practices.

To the people in charge of this gaming depart, FUCK YOU. I can already tell you are only interested in making more profits and not making better games.

Hasbro, you can kindly go fuck yourself with these shitty practices. You didn't even lie or ignore the fact you are doing it just for quick profits

• Like Like x 3
  20. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Uhhhhhh....

I don't know how to break it to you... most big current games take 7-10 years to make now...

Another reason why most won't invest in bigger games now because it truly does take about a decade to make a good game and it's a major gamble and most people are very weary of all the AAA flops so even more reason for caution.

• Like Like x 1