Hasbro to begin official bi-monthly Transformers Q&A - Details within!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not? :) 

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Anyone who has had the misfortune to buy a Animated Skywarp toy probably thinks Quality Control is pretty important. I happen to think it is worth poking them with a stick about it.

It's one of those issues like screwing up the implementaion of the faction logos that they can get lazy about unless people make them aware how they dislike it by complaining about it.

And paint that just falls off can NOT be doing the companies repulation any good (It might not even be legal under the toy saftey laws) - take Leader Animated Megatron his shoulders don't peg properly his entire head lights up like a light bulb - rather than just the eyes, his link point for the swords are rather floppy feeling at their hinges, His Helicopter noise its terribly short running in duration, and worse of all after a few minutes of handling all the paint comes off his cabin glass all over your hands.

On a personal note I'd probably lament a bit that Megatron does not have a "Headmaster" voice sample and that the repaint uses the exact same sound effects when they could have changed them as an added incentive to buy the repaint version. It seems a bit underwelming that they could have added new sounds to add extra interest to the repaint.

So though A-Megatron is a good toy in many respects - He looks nice and he's quite fun to play with (once you are able to fix his problems as detailed in the support thread) he's also possessed of a lot of little personaly disapointments that a bit more thought or a bit better quality control could have addressed before he was released.

If it was just one toy you'd be more forgiving about it - but it's not just one toy it's becoming a patter of behaviour now.

-------

Talking more about Hasbro's sometimed odd behaviour I'm wondering why they decided to repaint Cybertron Defense Scattershot twice in quick succession.

Lovely though he is - why not spread them out a bit more - or put one in one of the store exclusive packs It's not impossible that both versions will be sitting on shelves at the same time in the same style of box in the same scale.

Where as having 2 evac repaints so close together is made less noticable because one is a store exclusive in a different type of packaging and packed in robot mode. - not the case with the CD Scattershot repaints.

- Perhaps i'm just still hoping for a Perceptor made out of CD Red Alert toy though. I know i'd rather had that than 2 Powerglide repaints in quick succession + another Takara one made in red.

I barely wanted 1 of that misshapen Powerglide toy let alone 3 of them so close together. - Speaking of Powerglide he's another toy with silly production issues unless you loosen the screws on his sides you easily strip his hip / wing joints and stress the surrounding plastic to pieces the 1st time he's transformed.

And what's with all the white jets anyway ? they've said things like we had to make such and such a character another color as there was to much purple in the line. Then they go crazy and make most of the Universe toys either red/silver/grey/white.

Ironhide/Sideswipe/Smokescreen/Blades = Red
    Prowl/Silverstreak/Powerglide/Galvatron/Onslaught are all very monocromatical and lacking much color to them.

They've made to many white or off-white jet planes recently.
    They say they don't want things on the shelves to be similar colors then they go and contridict themselves and do it anyway.

We've had Jetfire (there's still Classic Jetfire Vs Grimlock sets floating about)/Powerglide/Henkei Skyfire/Silverbolt (light grey)/takara-silverbolt(white),Universe Starscream/Henkei Starscream. and more.

And what on earth is wrong with making a Dinobot toy the correct color for once ? He's not dark brown he's never been dark brown on TV he's a pinkish tan/sand color with brown stripes.

But all the Dinobot toys made the last few years have been every color but the correct color.
    There's still only one that's the proper color and that is the Japanese 1996 one. and even that is only partially acurate due to the robot mode colors.
    I really have no idea why they made so many Dinobot toys in "reverse" colors or some other random shade.

It's even odder that Takara-Tomy who usually make everything in the proper color have not made their own Dinobot the right color either.

Do they have some secret future plans to use a proper repaint Dinobot for something ? Or is it going to be like NightSlash Cheetor and just not be a toy that ever gets made in the correct color.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    so what were out 5 questions for this time? our answers are delayed, which is why i ask