Hasbro Studios Prez on "Transformers: Prime"

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    It's not really about what is the lesser or greater medium. I'd assume it might be about 1) Pay rate and 2) Job happiness.

Apparently the most likely higher pay rate for a billion dollar franchise couldn't overcome job happiness.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Can't say that I'd have high hopes if it ends up being a movie-verse show, as I'd rather the show take off on it's own direction instead of attempting to fix all that seems wrong with the movie universe.

But it's nice to have a cartoon again so I'll definitely tune into to see where they might be going with things.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well I really liked the first film, but the second one...oh it was bad. I mean, sure we got a lot of great new things, but it just didn't grab me anywhere near as much as the first film did.

I've seen the first film 20+ times, several of those times in theaters.

The second film I only saw once. In IMAX. And never dared to watch it again. It was just awful. I had no expectations, but it just didn't bring me back for more like the first one did. Not sure why.

4. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

So Prime is written by the same movieverse writers? I guess that means it's a movie-verse cartoon. I got a baaaad feeling about this. I hope it's not the case because if it is I will be disapointed at not being able to enjoy Transformers a while longer again. Just not my kinda style/cup of tea there.

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the same. I love the 1st one. I saw ROTF once and refuse to buy it.

6. Astrotrain85

Astrotrain85 Watching and waiting.

I only hope they do a better job than ROTF.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Wow, you edit and you get two...:lol 

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Just because it's Orci and Kurtzman I don't think it will mean movie verse.. and besides I would think all concerned would want to keep from having to pay Bay anything royalty wise if the cartoon used movie verse bots, story lines,etc... and as many of you have pointed out ROTF was a failure..so I believe the new cartoon won't be anything close to movies--either one!...........so I like the name and the writers and let's just give them a chance to give us something new..A new day, A new Prime!!! :D 

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  9. Prime10

Prime10 The Last Prime

he!

he'll be back!

10. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Meh. The proof of the pudding is in the eating of it. Come back to me after the first episode, 'cause their hype machine ain't all that great.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    No - Just didn't want to say something declarative and unsupportable like :

'Everyone liked the Star Trek Reboot'

I know some folks were not completely happy about some of the details.
    I can't really comment as I've not as yet seen it and have only read the synopsis on a wikipedia.

RE: XENA / HERCULES.

If I recall Xena sort of followed a path like this It started off Fun with a dark slight edge, then it got really silly and slapstick and then it got really dark and humorless and a bit obssesed with sex and death and then it ended.

Hercules I don't remember as well how it hung together but I remember the later ones were very silly with Hercules really being Kevin Sorbo in LA and vice versa. and some daft Episodes with Cupid .

So I'm not sure what was happening with that but If I'm remebering right they had a creative team swap and whoever started Xena finished Hercules and vice versa.

So I guess that means one creative team was very dark and one very silly ? - I'm not sure with one applies to the fella's in question and I can't remember who the other team was.

I can remember some shows going down hill when the team changed Lois & Clark : The New Adventures of Superman for one.
    almost anything after season 2 is a bit rubbish.

And Alias was the same it started strongly then got rubbish.. I don't know how it ended as I'd lost interest by that point.