Hasbro shares fall on analyst downgrade

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mastergeorge, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Hasbro shares decline as analyst says shares are fully valued after 58 percent jump this year

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of Hasbro Inc. fell on Monday, after an analyst said the toy maker's shares were fully valued and downgraded the stock.

Shares fell $2.26, or 5.6 percent, to $38.15. The stock has traded between $21.57 and $41.35 during the past 52 weeks.

Since the beginning of the year, Hasbro shares had risen 58 percent. In a note to investors on Monday, Needham & Co. analyst Sean McGowan said that surge has left shares within 6.5 percent of his 12 month price target of $43.

The rise in share price is the "result of excellent execution of its strategy, and the strong sales of a wide variety of products, both owned and licensed," McGowan wrote.

However, he said that the current share price fairly discounts the potential for better-than-expected earnings results. While Hasbro, which makes G.I. Joe and Transformers toys, could still report an earnings surprise, McGowan wrote, it is less likely to occur.

"While positive sales and earnings surprises are possible, we believe they have become less likely as expectations have risen and performance has been above-trend for so long," McGowan wrote. "Upside to the stock price is also possible, but we believe the strong expectations for 2009 are fairly reflected in the current price."

He downgraded the Pawtucket, R.I.-based company to "Hold" from "Buy."

Article from: Yahoo Finace

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. DuelPear

DuelPear Well-Known Member

Methinks said analyst had some problems getting cobra commander earlier this morning. “Oh so you don't want to process my order huh?!?! I'll show you. ”

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    :lol 
    That or he checked ebay and realized Hasbro is doing it wrong.

4. RailSpike

RailSpike Banned

My thought is if we keep listening to analyst's and speculator's the stock market is going to tank more that is the reason we are paying over $4.00 for gas enough said.

5. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well that sux

6. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

I agree, I keep hearing this more and more. The stockmarket dips a little, the analysts say "we're all screwed!", the public says "crap, we're screwed", and sells a bunch... and the stock market dips.

:trolls: .... er.... analysts.

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Completely agree.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Everyone should sell their stocks in analysts.

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Edit: This guy doesn't seem to have a clue. Hasbro properties are going to get several more movies and shots in the arms. They will turn a profit for a year or more.

10. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Oh who cares, they will still make millions on toys and movies. O pooh, there stock went down, damn, what a shame.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    So after going up 58% since the start of the year they have a 5% drop? That's really no big deal.

The analyst probably just figured after the stock rose 58% in less than a year that it was in danger of being overvalued and unlikely to go much higher for the time being. Especially in the current economic climate.

Sounds reasonable to me.