Hasbro SEC Filing - eOne, Paramount Pictures, COVID-19 And More

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

With the CDC requesting no gatherings of over fifty people, and the number of restaurants and entertainment venues that are closing up shop for the next couple months, the economic impact of this virus can't really be over-stated. Hasbro closing up offices is probably a good move. Our business is discussing work from home for office employees, and trying to sort out what we have to do to keep people paid if we have to shut down the plant for a bit. But there are a lot of businesses that won't go out of their way to help their people keep making those mortgage payments and such.

Long term, this could leave a lot of financial pain in its wake for a lot of people.

I'm glad we at least see some companies taking corrective action before it turns into a government mandated shut-down. Good for Hasbro.

• Like Like x 4
  2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, honestly I think the risk of a full on recession is underestimated. Systemic risk definitely exists. People are banking on this blowing over once we peak but a) this could become seasonal like the flu until a vaccine is rolled out which is a year to 18 months away, and b) this situation is exposing a lot of sectors to potential systemic risk from corporate debt. There's something like 20 trillion of it out there, and as certain industries get hammered by this situation, that risk exposure goes from being a non-issue, to an increasingly imminent one that could threaten the rest of the economy as a whole. To say nothing of airlines going bankrupt, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a recession is a 100% certainty, the only question is for how long will it last. That all depends on how long it takes for us to normalize with the virus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I'll take my chances if immunization results in my body being cleaved in twain.

Just saying.

5. pluto

pluto Banned

"Memes must be an ice axe to break the frozen virus inside your soul"
    - Franz Kafka probably

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Five days later and now a recession may be the best outcome we can hope for. :(  Getting bad. Stay safe everyone. Robots aren't everything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I’ve beeeeen saying that ... met with complete indifference on this site, it’s baffling watching ppl think we’ll carry on business as usual, at least in the States ...

• Like Like x 1