Hasbro SEC Filing - eOne, Paramount Pictures, COVID-19 And More

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 8, 2020.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Some pedantry here: Covid-19 is not a virus. "Covid-19" is the name of a lung disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Same difference as with HIV (virus) and AIDS (disease caused by the virus).

• Like Like x 20
  3. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hopefully one of them is a TF movie.

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I doubt it, there's no word on pre-production on Bumblebee 2. Although it's still early in the year. Seeing as the last one has a December release if we hear nothing by the end of the year then we're unlikely to get a film in 2022. I think one of these films is GI Joe.

5. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2020 is Snake Eyes, which has just finished principle production. 2021.....?

Deadline Hollywood has already mentioned two Transformers movies have been in active development for almost a year now, including a one set in the Bumblebee universe and a revival of Beast Wars. Given that most of Deadline's articles are just controlled leaks from studios and production houses, it's clear that either Allspark or Paramount wanted that information out. Of course production offices will release leaks and even make full on announcements of future projects in order to generate interest (i.e. free advertising) for a current project and then the future project never happens. Paramount and their partners are really bad about this, but that really wouldn't be the case here since there isn't any current project to promote.

6. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thank you Mr. Nurgle, for the possible unrealization of the reboot of TF live-action universe according to Travis Knight.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    2020 is already slated for Snake Eyes and 2021 is slated for My Little Pony, Dungeons and Dragons and Micronauts, so another TF film will likely come out in 2022 or 2023

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro simply canceled that contract with Universal. After TLK and having to bail out Bumblebee, I can't imagine they see Universal as a viable partner any longer.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hasbro has a contract with Universal?

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Sorry, Paramount - for some reason I was thinking of the parks where the TF Rides are.

• Like Like x 9
  11. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Digital media. Do you imagine people putting together a movie working from remote locations?

12. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

Maybe it\'s time to start making things in the U.S instead of third parties only problem I see is the prices might go up but if that does the price better be worth what your buying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    The reason that the majority of, well, everything is produced by third party companies mainly in Asia is because of the sad reality that the cost of production is exponentially lower in those parts of the world. Its much cheaper to make figures over there and ship them globally then it is to make them here in the US, to the point the prices would skyrocket if they were locally made.

And it would require most of Asia to shut down before Hasbro would even consider such a move. They've actually been moving production OUT of China to other countries - a quick check of randomly selected figures based on line releases in my collection shows Transformers production was in China until only a few years ago - the earliest figure I can find without looking at EVERY figure in my large collection that does NOT have a "Made in China" stamp is Evasion Optimus Prime (from the 2014 'Evolutions of Optimus' TRU set), as his stamp says 'Made in Vietnam' and every Transformers mold introduced after 2014 says 'Made in Vietnam'.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Paramount is going to have a tough time doing well at the box office if Hasbro doesn’t renew the deal. Sure they have Sonic and A Quiet Place, but those can only keep the sinking ship afloat for a short time. The Star Trek film franchise is basically dead, and it’s looking like Hasbro’s partnership is coming to an end. Let’s remember that while Bumblebee was a critical success, it wasn’t the financial boom Paramount was hoping for. Better than TLK, but not by much. After how Paramount handled the brands, it’s somewhat justified that Hasbro finds another production venue, though I don’t think eOne has the infrastructure to support the kind of successful film franchise Hasbro is seeking.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Didn't they make battleship with them? And i think they did the Ouija movies too
    I think that contract expired with them

16. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

Maybe 2022 but then unless Hasbro and Paramount renew their agreement, I doubt we'll see a transformers movie.

17. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

I think Hasbro will renew with Paramount, I think Paramount are desperate enough to keep Transformers under their studio, that they’ll keep doing other Hasbro properties like Micronaughts, and Stretch Armstrong, and other horrible projects. Other studios not so much.

18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I kind of hope Hasbro renews the deal with Paramount. Paramount has been hit or miss recently, but so has every other studio. I feel like Paramount's in an interesting place. The fact that they're struggling might force them to make smart and careful decisions with the Transformers brand in order to stay afloat. If Hasbro starts producing Transformers movies themselves (I'm not sure if this is even a viable option for them), I'm worried that Transformers will become super bland, safe, and cheap. Hasbro taking complete control and giving us Transformers movies that look like that Netflix cartoon is my worst Transformers nightmare at the moment. Or heaven forbid they sign a deal with Disney. Paramount's weirdness (Lorenzo and Bay's questionable influences included) is honestly one of the few things holding my interest in my brand at the moment. I'm not saying only Paramount can make TF movies that interest me, but I want to see them push forward and make more successes like Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

Might just be me, but I don't think the choice of studio is the problem. Of course if Disney was the studio then it might be a problem. There's obviously a debate on what the problem(s) & solution(s) are among the fans. The 2 companies trying to figure out what to do now with all the feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

I have to hope that at least if Hasbro made a movie like the Netflix show it would have movie quality voice acting, right? Then again, there is such thing as TV level voice acting, and Cyberverse and our first look at the Netflix show don’t even reach that level of quality. Not being a big budget action movie doesn’t mean something should have just “voices” and no “acting.”

As for the idea of Disney, I feel that that would be my worst Transformers nightmare. Well, either that, or whoever makes the movies deciding to forget to reboot the movies and just keep everything in the Bay timeline. No matter how many times people say Bumblebee is a reboot, I keep seeing shitty articles about the “top ten ways to reinvigorate the transformers franchise” having the return of Sam Witwicky and other Bayformers things as a point in the list. Hasbro’s hesitancy to say outright that Transformers movies are being rebooted is worrying me that they are going to turn around and keep the awful tradition of nameslapping characters, killing off characters without giving them any screentime, and continue with their horribly unfunny five-year-old level humor. The worst part would be knowing that Bumblebee, the closest thing we got to a good rebooted Transformers movie, eventually devloves into the brainless, inconsistent Michael Bay series of movies.

If Disney were to buy Transformers, on the other hand, I'm sure we can expect the injection of unnecessary human political issues for epic woke points, making movies without any clear idea of where they are intending the series to go after the current movie that is being worked on, and of course, the not-so-subtle pandering to Big Daddy China that so many corporations today (yes, including Paramount), but most certainly Disney love to do these days.

• Like Like x 6