Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I really just want Justice League Unlimited but with Transformers. An anthology series is probably the closest it can get to making everybody happy. I hope the promo images are just that. I don't see the point in another Bumblebee-centric show but as I type this I remember Bee's got his own movie so

• Like Like x 3
  2. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Whyiswindbladeineverything

• Like Like x 3
  3. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She does have a growing popularity, so I guess Hasbro wants that to grow even further, and what better way then to put her on the main TV show.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

And RID,and CW,and TR toy.YARGHHHH

5. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing how this is based on G1, I'm going to continue to watch episodes of the 80's cartoon show, to better prepare myself for this new show.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's just a part of the franchise. Think about back when Hotshot got his big push, or Drift more recently, or Bulkhead being pulled from animated to Prime (to RID). Windblade is the fan voted character and has been well received, so she is going to get her push and get established in the larger franchise. Now that Michael Bay is out maybe she will even get out into the movies.

• Like Like x 5
  7. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I saw that some had stated that Cyberverse is a continuation of RID. Though I think it can be interpreted that way considering the little info we have at hand, I personally believe that Cyberverse is a new thing.

The reason I say that is the following which was mentioned by the head of Boulder Media Studio:
    It's clear that Hasbro requested for a reboot of the line. Or in other words 'to do something new'.

As I mentioned on another thread, with majority of the team members who began and ran the Aligned Continuity now gone from Hasbro, I hardly think AC will continue at this point. Rescue Bots and RID may have been the last links of the Aligned Continuity. Both of them now concluded.

I can bet that Hasbro will be pushing their new 'Evergreen' concept very much like a "New Aligned".

For me it's clear what approach Hasbro will be taking in the next 5 years:
    • Collectors (Teen and above) - Generations Line
    • Pre-Schoolers - Rescue Bots Academy
    • Young - The Evergreen
    • General Audience - Transformers Cinematic Universe

• Like Like x 5
  8. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a quick note, I may be mistaken but my understanding of the statements so far is that Evergreen is the name of the dollar saver subline of legends figures and the unified general aesthetic that will be attempted to be used moving forward, but not necessarily a continuity family. Cyberverse is separate from Evergreen. We already have Evergreen toys:

Transformers: Evergreen Optimus Prime And Bumblebee In-Package Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers: Evergreen Starscream And Megatron Robot Mode And In-Package Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

So the breakdown is more like:
    • Pre-Schoolers - Rescue Bots Academy
    • Young - Cyberverse
    • General Audience - Transformers Cinematic Universe
    • Budget - The Evergreen
    Or, considering Evergreen as an aesthetic choice rather than a line it could be more like:

Evergreen Aesthetic:
    • Young - Cyberverse
    • Budget - The Evergreen
    Pre-Schoolers - Rescue Bots Academy
    General Audience - Transformers Cinematic Universe

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The one thing I've noted about Boulder Studios' stuff is that they do pretty decent things with their animation style. They also focus on very crisp, well delivered dialogue. You may not necessarily like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Gumball, or Wander Over Yonder, but these are critically acclaimed shows.

More importantly, I want to see how they handle scripts and dialogue. Transformers shows are notorious for really terrible jokes and mushy exposition. Perhaps they'll pop some new life into the franchise by taking a different approach.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Oh, they did Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Wander Over Yonder? Awesome, I liked both of those. Wander Over Yonder had amazing visuals.

Haven't watched Amazing World of Gumball but I've heard good things about it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's... well, it's weird, really. I don't like it (mostly because I'm kinda tired with the "stupid dad" trope right now), but it's definitely different.

12. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not really a fan of their previous work. And having seen a few shorts from their Littlest Pet Shop reboot, I'm not so sure how this is gonna turn out either...

13. Just your usual MTMTE fan

Just your usual MTMTE fan Devout scAvenger

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly I'm both worried and optimistic with what Boulder Media could do here. Yeah sure it's target audience to younger kids and Bumblebee and Windblade (why her again?) being in the spotlight are worrying but seeing that they've worked on stuff like Gumball, Wander over Yonder and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends brings hope to me. Though I'll still keep my expectations low especially to the toys.

• Like Like x 1
  14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Did some serious cleaning up here.. many posts deleted.

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT BOYS VS GIRLS, BOY OR GIRL TOYS, MARKETING TO THE SEXES OR THE MALE/ FEMALE/FEMININE AGENDA IF THERE IS ONE OR WILL THERE BE ONE?

PLEASE DON'T DERAIL THIS THREAD AGAIN WITH POLITICAL OR PERSONAL VIEWPOINTS REGARDING THESE TOPICS..

NOTE: MEMBERS WHO TRY TO DERAIL THIS THREAD AGAIN WILL BE BANNED FROM POSTING AND/OR RECEIVE AN INFRACTION..

THANK YOU.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    prob a dumb question but why are the new looks/series called evergreen?

16. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    By definition, Evergreen means "having foliage that remains green and functional through more than one growing season " or generally "retaining freshness or interest". That's exactly what Hasbro is going for. The "Evergreen" aesthetic can be utilized without a brand name (may it be a Cartoon Series, a Comic Book series or a Movie). This way, the characters can be used on multiple licenses without an associated entertainment platform supporting it. It's more of a generic look at the characters we know and love. Furthermore, the Evergreen characters are easily recognizable by any demographic. Not associating a brand also means that license-holders have less royalty to pay. They don't have to pay for broadcasters and distributors; therefore enticing to get involved. Evergreen means sustaining the brand across the year, to give something in between.

Hasbro may have chosen the name from their license-holders. Because, I once asked such a company to tell what they feel about the Transformers franchise and received the answer as "Transformers is an evergreen product. It gives profit throughout the year". That attitude from the parties involved with Hasbro may have inspired the name. Evergreen name has such a positive vibe to it.

All of the above mentioned reasons (and maybe more) may have led to the name... Evergreen.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

That preview image seems to have basically killed interest in Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    You can't judge a book by its cover, you know. Even the pilot episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender was hilariously bad. But look at how it turned out in the end. We hardly know anything about Cyberverse at the moment. Who knows, you may end up liking it. :) 

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  19. Just your usual MTMTE fan

Just your usual MTMTE fan Devout scAvenger

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wouldn't say killed interest, I'd say lowered everyone's expectations. Really, really, really badly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolute reactionary nonsense. I was here for the first picture of TFA, TFP and RID. Cyberverse was easily the less stupid and angry reaction a first picture has gotten. The lack of talk about it is simply the fact that there is NOTHING to talk about since NOTHING has been revealed since. Don't be ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3