Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I was kinda picturing it more like the Guardians are a group of Autobots who were sent out from Cybertron ahead of the Ark on a scouting mission to find other planets with Energon or at least resources that could be converted into Energon. It's never really explained in any continuity how the Autobots and Decepticons even know about Earth's existence. It seems as though they traveled straight here some how knowing they would find what they need here. It would make more sense to send out a small scout ship first to gather information before launching the Ark. The Decepticons obviously having the same idea except not caring if a world is already inhabited. The Renegades find Earth first. The Guardians arrive shortly after, they would normally leave a planet once they find life on it but this time they detect Deception signatures and report back to Optimus that the Decepticons also sent out a scout ship and have invaded an inhabited planet. The Guardians and Renegades fight each other for a little while till the Ark and Nemesis arrive...

The only problem is the timing... but we could use a Beast Wars reference that a trans warp wave from the future sent the Ark and Nemesis to the past... which could also explain why seemingly not much time has passed for Shockwave despite being awake on Cybertron for the thousands of years the others were in stasis on Earth.

That just leaves the question of why they never have contact with each other after the Ark and Nemesis crash on Earth. They could always insert that in as they change things up and tie the two together.

2. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Fair enough. We all have our preferences. Maybe a good compromise between the new and old would be something like the Car Robots/RID (2001) aesthetic. I'm not talking about the G1/G2 repaints but rather the new molds like Fire Convoy and the car brothers. Those design have straight lines and curves.

3. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Well-Known Member

"Updated" voices? They better not touch Chris Latta's work.

requires more fan wanking and head cannon twists than I'm comfortable with given Gobots are cyborgs with organic brains, but if you have fun, more power to you.

4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That sounds like it would work.

6. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
  7. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Actually, I really love the Cyberverse Commanders they dished out for Transformers: Prime. I actually prefer the Cyberverse Commander Megatron as opposed to other versions of the character.

Legion Fix-it was a great toy as well. Perfectly in-scale with the Deluxes with a fun transformation scheme for the kids.

Just goes to show that if done right, even the Legion scale toys can have amazing quality.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LTprime98

LTprime98 Well-Known Member

Actually idc if we get a g1 show, growing up with the movies never gave me a chance to explore the g1 verse , so I don't think it would be bad , I'm actually really glad they might do this , also can someone explain to me what generations is , what combiner wars , and Titans return is , because I would love to collect the toys but I want to know the background of it and what it's all about

9. LTprime98

LTprime98 Well-Known Member

That's true but the one thing I hate is the fact that they keep downscaling, and we're paying the same price for something that's smaller

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    The little G1 Legion/Legends that came out starting with Universe 2.0 are some of my favorite toys ever. I am ALWAYS in the market for more. Kind of wish they would have nailed a few of the easier repaints of those while they were out. Slicer from TFP Wheeljack, Smokescreen from the Prowl mold, Acid Storm and Sunstorm from the Seeker mold. And don't get me started on the Diaclone...

Okay, I might have a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I find it hilarious anyone is even considering that there's a connection to the Cyberverse toyline simply because of the title. Like Robots in Disguise was connected to the comic or previous show of the same name.

It's just Hasbro reusing an existing trademark I bet.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Just like we found out today that the new RID is called as such just because Hasbro wanted it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Heh heh. Can you imagine the s**tstorm IF the Cyberverse series toys were actually Cyberverse?

I certainly think not. But I'd actually love the idea if so. Reasonable price point and good figures if Hasbro can do what they did for Transformers: Prime.

Also, at the rate Deluxes are shrinking, I don't see a major difference between Cyberverse Commanders and the Warrior Class figures.

We'll have our first look during Hascon, I'm sure. I'm expecting an announcement soon.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Neither one was bad. They're just different. I don't understand why people can't take each as it's own thing.

It was successful and made such a huge cultural impact because it was good. Good for what it intended and accomplished being.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I grew up with G1 and didn't come to Beast Wars until years after it had aired (when the box sets came out). But I'd have to think anyone saying that Beast Wars didn't have better writing, a more coherent story, and a better depth of character than G1 would either be taking some pretty strong meds, have not actually seen both series in a great number of years, or just be spouting off trying to cause a row. I suppose the argument could be made that Beast Wars wasn't "good" as that's a matter of perspective, but the Mainframe shows seem to get a lot of praise. And for good reason. I haven't seen Reboot since it aired, and I still remember certain storylines from it simply because they were so well constructed and carried out.

That said, I love both G1 and Beast Wars for what they were/are. There were a great number of G1 episodes that kicked off creative fits in my then young mind. And Beast Wars gave me some of my favorite Transformers scenes of all time.

Anyone saying Code of Hero wasn't a great episode of television doesn't understand story, character, or emotion, and should probably refrain from trying to weigh in on opinions involving plot arcs and character development.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Geez the rid guys are still in here trying to tear down the awesomeness of a potential g1 reboot.

• Like Like x 3
  17. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

did they say it was a G1 reboot?

18. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I hope we'll get to see more of this new series at HasCon. I won't expect a trailer but character reveals and a brief story synopsis would be nice.

19. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I concur!

I'd really like a series that would do to TF what MLP:FiM did to MLP brand. The series is at its 7th season (when it concludes it will be 182 episodes down). It has its own comic book series, a cartoon spin-off and a cinematic movie. I was a huge fan of G1 of MLP and that new interpretation hit all the right buttons. It has interesting characters and imaginative world-building. It is definitely a MLP show, but at the same time it's so different from G1. Same thing can be said about the new TMNT reboot. I wish we could have a Transformers series such as these. So far the only one to come close to that model were the original G1 and Rescue Bots. Transformers has so many interesting characters to utilize and an expansive universe the writers rarely make use of. What I would want is not something that would reboot G1, but something that could rival its scope.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Some would be cool, but not all. IDW has some of the best updated designs ever, but also many of the worst updated designs ever.

• Like Like x 6