Hasbro Q&A answers from other sites

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Sucks. Would you guys be willing to tell us what questions were chosen if we don't get our answers? =/

Agreed on the Sideways and Alice. Been wishing for that since Barricade and Frenzy.

Though, I was under the impression that the HA line was in pretty good scale with Leader Class Optimus Prime? I don't think you can improve upon the leader class with an HA Prime, he'd have all sorts of needless kibble and weapons for HUMAN INTERACTION =O. I believe also that Ratchet and Ironhide were just Suggestions, but ultimately decided that they were too big for the pricepoint?

And I'll throw an HA suggestion out there from left field. How about Jazz?

2. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

For those into the robot heros, i'm sorry.

for me... thank god that line is dead.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can live with Robot Heroes ending, though I would like a semi convenient means to get that last batch of 'Universe' ones that didn't show in the US.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I could've picked up Ricochet/Predaking and Tigatron/Inferno for you months ago, but I think they've sold out by now.

5. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad I picked up RH Richocet / Predaking months ago. Now let's get those 2 new RH movie scenes released at retail stores.

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm...for Fall 2010, I wonder if new Headmasters figures for the unofficial Universe 3.0 can be sold under the Human Alliance line. It makes sense..

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    We're still awaiting a response from Hunter PR as to why our questions have not been answered or sent back to us. However, keep in mind there are numerous other sites still awaiting their responses as well (or, at least, there has been in the past).

Our concerns have been brought to Hasbro's attention, however.

8. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    ditto.

9. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

How did this lines existence really effect you? I can understand if it was a mainline, but it's a silly little subline. If it's the mainline then I can see being pissed that Classics 2.0 was put on hold/cancelled to minimize the confusion, but not this little line that took up a small fraction of shelf space. I guess we'll get 1 more row of Deluxes which will just mean 1 more row of shelf warmers in time. I think variety would be much better.

Unless Hasbro is putting another subline that is hitting that demographic in it's place, I would think that the lines cancellation would be a bad thing. I personally wouldn't want any Transformers product subline to fail, because that possibly means stores may be reluctant to pick up some new subline for fear of shelf warmers.

Look at Galactic Heroes and Marvel heroes those lines are continuing, so is Transformers proving to not be as popular in that particular demographic?

I personally love the 1/3 or so devoted to Transformers, and really don't want to see it return to the tiny little section that it has been in the past.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was wondering further about Human Alliance (as I said before) I like the idea of small packs with figures and a small transformer that complement the bigger toys - and also a larger scale for bigger vehicles.

But I was thinking a bit left field yesterday - There's a NASCAR that has a Transformers Movie deco on it - how about that car with a action figure of the actual driver that is a Human Alliance Transformer - basically it would be Human Alliance but it would also be hasbro's own Sports Label - they could do the same thing with Indy Car or a Rally car as well.

Also I think Human Alliance in terms of scale and what the figures are like would make a nice intro into the return of M.A.S.K. in the not to distant future.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I definitely have to agree with this line of reasoning. While I may personally not actively purchase Robot Heroes, I do think they're cool in their own right. Also, I know that there are a great many people who do thoroughly enjoy the line. Just because I don't plunk down my $$ for the line, doesn't mean I want it to disappear. There are a great many toys and other toylines that I thoroughly enjoy seeing on the toy shelves, but my expenditures are normally limited to TFs only. One of my favorite things to do is to walk down a toy isle and see the great multitudes of toys on the shelves :) 

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dislike Robot Heroes..I'm not against deformed little versions, but to me they feel deformed 'wrong'..so no appeal to me.

STILL, I have no personal grudge against this line, so yeah, sorry for the people that like them. :(  Its existence does not harm me - I don't really get why people would be 'glad the line is dead'.

Oh wait, is it because it's mocking your serious toy collecting hobby by providing even kid-friendlier versions? :lol 

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Looking at the 16bit.com answers, looks like they've scrapped their plans for a voyager Rhinox when universe comes back. Shame...

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wouldn't say 100% either way (I think the Rhinox hints earlier were just "we'd like to do" not "we plan to" anyway), but I can see why they wouldn't. The Cheetor and Dinobot molds appear to be the worse-selling Universe/25th toys. (all opinions of design and quality aside for the moment) :) 

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The hint seems to be that their Classics 'Three point oh' is mainly or totally G1 derived which will probably thrill some people and annoy others.

But at least theres something in the line to please the A.E.C./ Nubulan fans with the small companion robots.

Personally I think Hasbro is risking saturation point on Vehicle Transformers and we need a few more critters in the line to mix it up from time to time - the Dinobots or new G1 era Predacons would be ideal for that if they won't give us more Beast Era Homages.

Mech Animals would probably sell better than semi-organic ones anyway.

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I love the Universe Robot Heroes. And although I still collected the movie ones, I only did so because they were there. I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the designs and I didn't like the quality of the sculpting. Those vehicle mode Robot Heroes were quite crappy. I was hoping the line would return to its former greatness but Hasbro would rather kill it off. And yet despite me not enjoying the movie Robot Heroes, I am still quite dismayed the line is ending. I would have bought every one. I used to pore over websites imagining waves of figures i would like to see. I made lists of possible repaints they could do. I used to dream of having a full set of 1984 Decepticons as Robot Heroes and most of the 1985 Decepticons.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's called OBSESSION, my friend! :lol 

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If it weren't for Robot Heroes, we never would've gotten any physical representation of Dispensor! I can't call anything that gives us that bad.

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    something to look out for.

I generally only check instructions to make sure I haven't missed anything, and yes, they have been getting hard to follow.

20. Timelord Megs

Timelord Megs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not surprising that the one era of transformers that they don't plan on doing in the new "Classics" line is Beast Wars. For the past several years, any animal transformer seems to have been a shelfwarmer, especially ones based on BW characters. And the success of the movies has moved the franchise ever further into the direction of being exclusively about vehicles. To put it bluntly, the Beast Wars characters are no longer what what would generally be considered to be "Transformers" to most people, and probably Hasbro's management too.

Even with the last universe line, they barely got in. Remember, the line wasn't about remaking old characters, at least not from the retailers and Hasbro management's point of view. No, the line was actually about keeping realistic vehicles on the shelves between movies. The fact that they were able to make that into a continuation of classics is a happy coincidence. The only way they were able to get any BW characters into the line at all was through the 25th anniversary justification, where the design team insisted on celebrating all eras. Even then, they had to be very careful to sneak them in one at a time, "under the radar" so to speak, lest upper management took too much notice. And then Cheetor and Dinobot shelfwarmed anyway, which probably embarrassed those who advocated for them in the first place. With the 25th anniversary over, there's no argument to keep them in.

It's possible they could sneak one or two into the line if it lasts into 2011, since that's the 15th anniversary of Beast Wars, and the line would probably no longer be a priority with the next movie coming up, so management would be less attentive. Or, that "no plans to revisit the BW and BM characters that his time" is only the PR firm's interpretation of none being planned in the 2010 waves, and is not indicative of the line overall.

Of course, if all the toys in the new Classics line have this "Power Core Combiner" gimmick, then I couldn't see organic beasts working anyway.

It's a shame really, as there are only two or three characters from Beast Wars that really needed new toys anyway. If they did Rhinox, Blackarachnia, and maybe Rattrap or Terrorsaur, that would be all they'd need. Of course, they just had to waste a valuable spot in the Universe line for a really crappy Cheetor that didn't need an update anyway... so close yet so far... :( 

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009