Hasbro Pulsecon 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Maximus Danz, Aug 31, 2020.

1. HasTakCrack

HasTakCrack Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    This is quite fascinating to me. I went to BBTS and decided to add an in-stock item to my cart (Generations Nightbeat). They didn't add a single penny to the final price. Did the same with TF Source. Added no taxes.

True, NY has this ridiculous internet tax now, so even when I order from Amazon or Aliexpress, they add that to the final price.

So now the philosophical question: should I pay BBTS / TFSource 53 bucks and play around their messy shipping shticks (BBTS: flat 4 USD, TFSource, free if the value is over 150) or pay 54.5 to Hasbro... :peoples: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    Wonder how many will be added to that # tomorrow

3. SlickPrime

SlickPrime Lazy Guy with a 3D Printer

For that little of a difference I would go ahead and just buy it from TF source. Then you get the source points to go with it and free shipping if you get your order over $150

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Probably get a bit more padding from BBTS (again I can't speak on TFSource), but you are likely looking at Fedex Smartpost from either BBTS or Pulse (or the cheapest option available to them). Be interested to hear if they do hit you with tax at the final step, or if maybe there is some crazy exemption in NY. I know when I got FT Koot, I added it to my pile of loot, and when it came into stock, I didn't get charged the tax, but when I went to finally ship my POL a few weeks later, I got charged my state's sales tax for everything in my POL at that time.

Other than it being really slow, I haven't had any issues with Pulse, nor have I had any issues with BBTS (aside from a UPS issue) and them and Toy Dojo have been my go-to collector sites for 12+ years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    Aaand I'm logging on, I'm seeing the news, I'm going to the website, I'm about to sign up, and the Pit set's unavailable in Quebec, and I'm logging off because I'm just gonna go **** myself apparently

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFsound1

TFsound1 Well-Known Member

I see that at 11:10 AM EST on Saturday there will be a 'special announcement' at the Hasbro Pulse Convention. Anyone have any ideas of what that may be? I do remember a person from Hasbro said that they will release some vintage Japanese reissue, but didn't say what. My guess is that it could be the 2nd dinocassette set, but I'm not sure. I do know of the Kingdom Transformers which will include Beast Wars figures, some 1986 movie figures like Cyclonus, Kup, Hot Rod, Quintesson pack, and Scourge, etc. but that's all I know of. Is there anything else that I should be expecting? I'm curious to see more Earthrise or Kingdom figures, but I'm also curious about any G1 reissues. Aside from Blaster, I haven't seen any new G1 reissues this year.

7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am gonna go out on a limb and assume each exclusive had a limited stock of 5000. It seems the most likely to me, given how when we started checking inventory half an hour later everything was 4500 to 3300 left.
    I think it is likely today's non-Premium stock will be 5000 again. Maybe anything left from yesterday will get tossed into the pile too?
    Not anymore. The captcha and queque system they introduced yesterday will put a stop to them.

Sadly none of the exclusives are available to Canada... why does HasbroPulse not ship there? Or these items are US only?
    I disagree. They all seem like fine exclusives. I assume SW interest just died down thanks to the last 2 movies spitting in the face of the fans. Even so the Endor Han and Luke set sold out already. Still 4000-something Wompas left though. Is that a new mold for Black Series or just a repaint?
    CC sold out already though. Clearly the Joe fans were waiting in the wings for the line to come back.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ED 209

ED 209 Well-Known Member

So will there be more cobra commanders available tomorrow?

or is that just completely sold out now?

9. griffndunn

griffndunn Member

Hellfire club is the only one that says "sold out." CC and the heroes of endor say "coming soon" and should post more stock.

10. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Given that it’s a panel about Netflix: WFC season 2 (Earthrise), I’m pretty certain it’s the trailer and/or release date.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

If there’s only 500 left after the premium phase and pulse let more than 1 go to customer, as has been reported, I’m going to stop using their website

12. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    Anyone else gonna set up the scene - on the one side this Pit & the other side, a big steel door knocked down with Wheelie & the Dinobots entering?

13. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Respectfully, if you’ve been using Pulse to buy toys you should get a premium membership. It’s worth every penny.

• Like Like x 3
  14. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Looks like each product page allowed for 5000 units for the first 24hrs. There will be a few thousand more units added today. I came across a rumour elsewhere that at least 8000 units of the Hellfire Club were manufactured.

15. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Pulse ships just fine to Ontario, including these exclusives. Pricier than I’d like, but oh well. They just don’t like Quebec, but then again, who does?

• Like Like x 2
  16. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Packagine WILL be better, but at least for BBTS, sales tax WILL be added once you're ready to ship.

17. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    . . .

And bots grab Walmart's entire stock in less than 30 seconds because...?

Scalpers are one thing, but bots? That just boggles the mind. o_O 

18. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    You’ll be charged sales tax by BBTS or TFSource when everything ships. There’s no getting around that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, perhaps its true, but in my experience, WalMart wasn't too horrible if you are there at the right time. I am terrible with getting online exclusives yet managed to get hiss, striker, sshadow, snake eyes, and baroness when they showed up initially but of course most of that was preordering items before their pictures and names were up hehe.

But Target is the worst. Cobra Island Joes, NECA TMNT items, Funko crap, they are selling directly to the bots and scalpers and they are fine with that. A few hundred more trips to Target looking for collectibles that will never be there are also trips we pick up stuff we never planned to initially just because we're there. So I guess they enjoy that too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    So does anyone think Hasbro is gonna drop any suprise exclusives during the con?