Hasbro Pulsecon 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Maximus Danz, Aug 31, 2020.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To anyone complaining about the Pit of Judgement selling out too fast.. check this out. I got the email 5 minutes ago, already sold out... SW fans have it worse, apparently.
    Star Wars The Black Series Cad Bane and Todo 360 (Hasbro pulse Exclusi – Hasbro Pulse
    Weirdly checking inventory shows 0 stock... it's like he was pushed out on the page while already being sold out?

That's a ridiculously long list for Deluxes and only 6 Core figures??? When we know the smallest size classes usually get the most figures. Siege had 9 Battlemasters and 9 Micromasters. Now that only 1 size class exists instead of two, I expect we will see more than double the amount we got revealed in wave 1.

Huh. I am not aware of any KO TR Brawns...
    I have THREE Windchargers, and frankly the PotP one is perfect, I definitely never gonna need another. I kept the RVTS and CW ones too because I like the molds, but the PotP one is closest to the G1 cartoon design.

He is Leader class, so... we are lucky if he even gets one repaint. My guess is like Shackwave, he will get the Marvel Galvatron II (G1 Toy) deco for a Generations Select release, and I for one would buy that in a heartbeat.
    My lingering question is whether I wanna keep TR Galvatron if the new one is good. I kept Clash in Space/UNiverse Galvy because he has a very different alt mode and is a curiosity. But I assume the new toy will be totally G1 accurate, being an SS 1986 toy basically. While TR Galvy was nice overall, the helmet-pop up thing was sadly terrible...

Both are really the same. Marvel UK and US Galvatrons (despite being from different futures) had the same color schemes, with the grey of the toy replaced by light blue to save on printing.
    UK160_11.jpeg
    Transformers G1 US - 67-02.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    ...But they’re far, far more on model to actually looking like the characters they are supposed to be than ER Cliff?
    that's my Windcharger too, it might not match his "classic' look, but that mold's amazing, better then a lot of Deluxes from the last few years.
    (and while I am finicky, I tend to lean to preferring "Modernized Updates" to "Slavish Recreations"
    I think you are likely right: TR had a 3/3/3/2/2 cadence of new molds and PotPs had a a 4/3/2 cadence of new molds: it's interesting each of those lines had 1 less wave of Legends then Deluxes... I'd say with 6 cores known theres a reasonable chance of 1-6 more core figures, more likely on the lower side: if we assume what was uploaded is Waves 1 & 2 with 3 molds each, then we most likely (based on history) see a wave 3 with 2 or 3 molds, or (less likely) a wave 3 & 4 with 2 or 3 molds per wave.

On the downside, good chance they'll be repaints. with a core Starscream, one of the other Seekers is probably a given and I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't repaint the Fossilizers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Crap, after I posted this, I got the perfect joke for the person who sued Red Bull. You could say he had a Tantrum. UGH.

4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    A bit??? I mean, If you take the backpack off, the only REAL error was Cliff has no spoiler on his chest. Also, Its partial about accuracy which the Prime Wars ones are, but its also about quality, and the Prime Wars are terrible compared to Cliff.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Checked my pulse account, I show that the only thing shipped was the Logan/X set so that's great, also the pit, cc and hfc do show paid just haven't been shipped. I didn't receive an email notification either, so for those that are expecting an email I would suggest checking your pulse account to see what the status is on your orders.

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    eh, his chest is TOTALLY wrong ~ upside down, lacking the front window at the bottom of the chest because it's the top window and the spoiler collar, which is pretty much Cliff's defining visual feature, he has Bumblebee's arms, his color blocking is wrong, his feet are the wrong shape (they're so flat he looks like he's wearing Kleenex boxes for shoes) and he has Windcharger's alt mode (not literally, but way more Windcharger then Cliffjumper). There's really nothing that is particularly accurate about ER Cliffjumper except the head (and in a line full of great-to-amazing headsculpts, is is fairly average) and the fact he's red.

but I'd take a fully integrated Legends at $10 over a $20 undersized inaccurate partsforming deluxe any day (and twice on Tuesday). As bad as Micromasters were, I wish they'd brought back Core sooner so we could have gotten more Legends Minibots rather then these tweener Deluxes that are in a no-mans land of size class.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too man.

Must be over 30 years

8. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, I see some of you asking for Marvel/G1 Toy Galvatron, but I raise you Marvel Megatron. And also, the fact that Cheetor is holding his gut pistol is not showing that the Mural is inaccurate. Perhaps it could come in a new pack like the Centurion Drone Pack that came with all of those accessories. Seriously, they could have just not had enough room for the gut pistol to be in his cheetah mode. Perhaps a Fossilizer pack will come out with the Gut Pistol. Or maybe a pack with a Cog repaint as the Comms Officer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Gunpla Grump

I can definitely see them doing Galvatron II as a Selects.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Yes, yes we do.

Missed out on The Armorer with no restock in sight.

11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Cheetors legs are also based on his 90s toy in that pic, it’s not a drawing of the kingdom figure you are seeing but a drawing of older designs from before the kingdom figures were made, and the image was used to pitch Kingdom to the hasbro higher ups

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:

What I REALLY want is a Marvel Megatron and Ratchet two-pack. Forget Optimus. Ratchet was Megatron’s true arch nemesis and actually DEFEATED Megatron three times. Two of which were self-sacrifice.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

How about a generations selects or RED Marvel Megatron/Ratchet fusion monster bot? Melty face and everything.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now you’re just trying to make me moist... :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  15. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    right. And now they’ve increased the price to $23 and are still selling undersized minibots like Huffer and Warpath. It’s lame.

Also In addition to things you pointed out, CJ is missing his autobot logo on his chest. For $20 it’s a poor figure

16. Nemesisprime1975

News Credits:
    You've wanted galvatron for over 45 years. He hasn't existed that long. 1986 man not 1975 lol. Unless of course youre referring to your age. Lol

17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Curious that we did not get any Animated stuff in 2017 when that show had its 10th anniversary. Maybe in 2022 for the 15th.

I like him too, but... competent? He was cursed with bad luck and incompetence. Everything he did blew up in his face whether it was killing Megatron, cloning himself, joining the Autobots briefly... It was like the Star Trek "O'Brien must suffer" trope was applied in full with him. Most of the time, he never learned from his mistakes either and just kept repeating the same thing hoping somehow it would work. Also, as much as he hated how Megatron abused and bullied him... he then did the same thing when he was the leader, shooting Vehicons for minor problems.
    Knockout was entertaining for sure, but rather one-dimensional. He was vain and ... I guess he was a medic, but we saw little of that. His sudden heel-face turn to join the Autobots was really out of nowhere at the end. I agree that Starscream had far more personality. But Knockout was memorable for being a new character who stuck around the big names for a whole series and did not get written out like Breakdown, Dreadwing or Airachnid.

Guess then we will be back to G1 style packaging then. :D 

I got all my Amazon orders in boxes. And Cyberverse as well as many other toys (like Schleich Eldrador) already doesn't have plastic packaging, just cardboard or a plastic bag.
    I am not that worried about breakage, my main issue is that in these COVID times this means when I buy such toys in stores, I have to clean the whole toy not just the box.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  18. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My age. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nemesisprime1975

News Credits:
    Mine too

20. Nemesisprime1975

News Credits:
    1975 what a year.

David Bowie young Americans queen bohemian rhapsody. :) :) 

• Like Like x 2